SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : An Announcement in regards to Gospel For Asia / K. P. Yohannan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother Mark,

Simply stated, I do not know all the details of what is allowed and is not allowed. But working in foreign missions at times requires wisdom in how a group should operate. ie I know brothers who have to illegally send money in many ways to countries that are closed to the gospel (this is the only way they can get money to further the gospel). While being illegal they are doing right. Such as illegally printing bibles inside mainland China today where that is still not allowed.

Towards this also, Northern India especially has been and continues to be very hostile to Christianity. Currently India is on the top list of Open Doors currently ranked at 17. ranked under "Severe Persecution" label: https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/

Many ministries have had to be wise on how to get funds into India over the years and many look like small businesses or NGO's but are actually mission movements.
So for believers "sneaking" money into India and other countries is not new.

Just this last week India cancelled 20,000 ngo's meaning they cannot transit funds into India: http://indianexpress.com/article/india/fcra-licences-of-20000-ngos-cancelled-4447423/ This is 50% of them! A brother told me this is going to affect many missionaries, pastors, leaders, movements. It is actually probably a huge crisis for the work of God, though God is not shaken and will help.

We should NOT rejoice in this in anyway, but pray the Lord of the harvest will continue the work.

Towards a headquarters building for such a large ministry, the size and choice is probably good stewardship with over 100 staff, you could easily do the math and understand before they were paying housing rent for each family at anywhere from $10,000-$20,000 a family. Now that $1-2 million a year can go into the property and over a period of time it will begin to save the ministry alot of expense.

All the details of the transactions and if the donor money was properly used, if it was surplus, and the legality I am not sure.

All I know is that Gospel For Asia is working hard to ensure they are ECFA certified and making all changes necessary to appease them.

2016/12/29 15:09Profile

Re:

Brother Greg the issue I highlighted was the ECFA findings:

- The ECFA letter reported that GFA used $19.8 million in restricted donations to build its headquarters in Carrollton, Texas, just outside of Dallas.
- Those donations were intended for missions work. Instead, the money was sent overseas to one of GFA’s affiliates. The affiliate then returned the money to the United States, without the knowledge of GFA’s board of directors or donors.
- GFA leaders also tried to conceal the source of those funds. The $19.8 million was listed in GFA’s 2013 audit as an anonymous donation.

These charges are indefensible. I am not gloating over anything at all...just a concerned citizen who is suggesting that people send their hard earned money elsewhere.

2016/12/29 15:49
forrests

Re: awakened

Brother Mark,
I have seen the headquarters you mentioned, and it is something to behold indeed. I thought it was a bit extravagant before, but if what you said is true...it's more upsetting than I thought. I agree...I recommend Shepherd Serve and David Servant... ;)

2016/12/29 16:16Profile
Sree

Re:

Mark, thank you for sharing. I am not aware of all the financial issues raised against GFA. Hence your attachment helps. I was always suspicious of GFA because Brother Zac Poonen has never mentioned them anytime (at least the times I have heard him). If there is one man who is close to perfect (if not perfect) in money handling, it should be Brother Zac Poonen. Though KP mentions Zac's name many times, the opposite is not true.

Regarding sending money into India, I do not believe only illegal way of bringing money is permitted. Especially India being a developing nation, sending money to India from USA should be a piece of cake (no matter what the purpose is). So the explanation given here is not true at least from the knowledge that I have. It might be difficult for organizations like GFA to purchase properties on foreign money in India, but receiving the foreign money itself should not be a problem at all.

I have reliable contacts with churches in Indian villages. These places not even have a roof and people are extremely poor. I send money to elders there directly. When I visit them on travels to India, they show me how the money has been transformed into roofs or houses!

2016/12/29 16:43Profile

Re:

"Towards a headquarters building for such a large ministry, the size and choice is probably good stewardship with over 100 staff, you could easily do the math and understand before they were paying housing rent for each family at anywhere from $10,000-$20,000 a family. Now that $1-2 million a year can go into the property and over a period of time it will begin to save the ministry alot of expense."

The $20 million designated for missions and sent offshore to be "laundered" through a back channel so it couldn't be discovered, was not even half the cost of the overall facility. GFAs own filings state that they spent $45 million on the entire headquarters which included many homes (100?) for staff members. The actual office buildings and other facilities came to around $24 million or so.

2016/12/29 17:50

Re:

GFA raised over 93.5 million in Canada from 2008-2014, This information is publicly available from Revenue Canada, The funds were supposed to have been sent to India.
According to the Indian government audits of GFA statements absolutely nothing was sent from Canada over the same time period. No explanation has been given by GFA to this day. And they have been asked repeatedly. The money just disappeared. The irrefutable evidence and documentation is available to all. On what basis should anyone trust anything that they profess?

2016/12/29 18:01
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I was always suspicious of GFA because Brother Zac Poonen has never mentioned them anytime (at least the times I have heard him). If there is one man who is close to perfect (if not perfect) in money handling, it should be Brother Zac Poonen. Though KP mentions Zac's name many times, the opposite is not true.

The Church evangelism philosophy is much different then CFC local Churches, brother Zac has known K.P. Yohannan for many years and K.P. has had him speak to many of the leaders conventions and on TV. Also many of his books are available to many of the pastors of the movement. So brother Zac has had a tremendous influence to all the above!

Towards giving small amounts of money this is fine but when transferring millions for evangelism of northern India, it is a much different story.

---
Again, our initial statement stands in this thread and we do not want the forums here to be the place where every question is asked of what I cannot mostly answer. Calling Gospel For Asia is probably the best avenue instead of posting further new threads.

--

In the end, SermonIndex, stands with this wonderful Christian organisation and believe God's blessing is with them. Unfortunately some have chosen to defame, slander and accuse without relent, or deep loving prayer.

Even if we adhere to a different form of gathering or different philosophy of Church growth, in the end Jesus Christ is building His Church through all the above and may we not hinder but encourage God's work in whatever form it takes as the Good News of Jesus Christ is proclaimed.

Even though there are question marks on ECFA certification, I firmly believe leadership is doing all they can humbling themselves and seeking to be above reproach (Philippians 2:15).

We have re-featured K. P. Yohannan, and we ask saints to consider to pray for him and the work of Gospel for Asia (Believers Church).

--

This thread is locked.

2016/12/29 18:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy