Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Persevering Prayer - E.M. Bounds

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Persevering Prayer - E.M. Bounds

E.M. Bounds; Persevering Prayer

E.M. Bounds (1835-1913) wrote nine classic works on prayer. Here he writes of prayer's necessity and preeminence in the work of God through his people:

"God has placed Himself under the law of prayer, and obligated Himself to answer the prayers of men. He has ordained prayer as a means whereby He will do things through men as they pray, which He would not otherwise do. Prayer is a specific divine appointment, an ordinance of heaven, whereby God purposes to carry out His gracious designs on earth... man has it in his power by prayer to move God to work among men in a way He would not work if prayer was not made."

2016/12/7 20:44Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Persevering Prayer - E.M. Bounds

Thanks Mike,

I am so convicted of this truth. We probably all know the importance of prayer and especially intercession for our family, friends, leaders etc., but it is generally so neglected...

I have seen God faithfully answer prayers through the years and know I should be doing more of it...

Help us, Lord! You desire our lives to bear fruit and answered prayer is the main way of bearing fruit. Draw us near to Yourself Father! Do not let us go until we are fulfilling this in our lives as faithfully as we can.
In Jesus Precious Name,

Amen.

2016/12/8 5:13Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Our failure to pray is satan's greatest victory. It's disgusting if you want to know the truth.

2016/12/8 10:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy