SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The living Jesus empowers us to die.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Sister Sherri writes ...........

"Love is the difficult, narrow path through the cross to Jesus, the only way through the cross is death, for without death, there cannot be a resurrection that gives life."

Amen sister, could not agree more. It is a difficult thing to die, yet He bids us come to die, He bids us. What I mean by that is this, the cross was voluntary, Jesus bowed to the Father and said " not my will be done but thine." Calvary was not forced upon Jesus and we are not forced to take up our crosses daily. Shall we take up our crosses? Shall we put on the full armor? Shall we continually abide in Him? Shall we count all things as loss to be found in Him? Shall we learn to be content in every situation? Shall we love our neighbor? Shall we forgive one another? Shall we choose not to compromise? Shall we spend time with Jesus? Shall we do all things without complaint? There are so many more " shall we's."..............bro Frank

2016/12/7 0:31
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Beloved, I am with our brother, the apostle Paul on this: "7But whatever were gains to me I now consider
loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider
everything a loss because of the surpassing
worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for
whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them
garbage, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in
him, not having a righteousness of my own that
comes from the law, but that which is through
faith in b Christ—the righteousness that comes
from God on the basis of faith. 10I want to know
Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection
and participation in his sufferings, becoming
like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, attaining
to the resurrection from the dead.
12Not that I have already obtained all this, or
have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to
take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold
of me. 13Brothers and sisters, I do not consider
myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing
I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward
what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal
to win the prize for which God has called me
heavenward in Christ Jesus."

God bless,

2016/12/7 1:43Profile
StirItUp

Re:

Hi Frank,

I tried watching the video but there was no audio.

Was it just my device?

Blessings,

2016/12/7 1:47Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother William,
I had written down the same scripture that
you did to add to this excellent post.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead." (Philippian3:8-11)

"always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body." (2 Corinthians 4:10)

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. (Romans 8:12,13)

2016/12/7 4:09Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Frank,
Thank you for that very encouraging
video.

We can know His resurrection
life even when we are surrounded by
darkness. This is the life of Jesus
Christ that is present in every believer,
an overcoming life that delivers us from
death over and over again.

2016/12/7 4:40Profile
StirItUp

Re:

Hey brother Mike,

As Paul said in the verses just after that: "15 All of us, then, who are mature should take
such a view of things. And if on some point you
think differently, that too God will make clear to
you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already
attained."

Amen

2016/12/7 5:29Profile

Re: Brother Frank

Brother Frank said..." Jesus bowed to the Father and said " not my will be done but thine." Calvary was not forced upon Jesus and we are not forced to take up our crosses daily. Shall we take up our crosses? Shall we put on the full armor? Shall we continually abide in Him? Shall we count all things as loss to be found in Him? Shall we learn to be content in every situation? Shall we love our neighbor? Shall we forgive one another? Shall we choose not to compromise? Shall we spend time with Jesus? Shall we do all things without complaint?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for these reminders.

Philippians 2:1-16
1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

2016/12/7 8:48

Re:

Hi bro William,

I am sorry that you not hear the video. I think it must be something to do with the device that you have. Why dont you try again. If it does not work, e-mail me and I will send you the link directly through the e-mail and see if that makes a difference. appolus@aol.com ............bro Frank

2016/12/7 9:07
StirItUp

Re:

Thanks brother Frank,

I have had success and will watch with attention as soon as I can.

Are you Irish? Do you know the preacher David Legge?

Blessings,

2016/12/7 9:42Profile

Re:

Hi William,

Scottish :) I do know David Legge. Excellent preacher. I dont agree with all of his theological stances :) but have listened and learned so much from him. Greg and I met him in Wales at the revival conference where he was one of the speakers and I was the prayer coordinator. His message there was excellent and can be found right here on SI. I believe it is entitled " New thing," and the themes in this sermon resonate throughout many of his sermons............bro Frank

2016/12/7 14:50

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy