SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The living Jesus empowers us to die.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

The living Jesus empowers us to die.

This is a portion of chapter 15 of my book The Fall of Christendom.......

The living Jesus empowers us to die. The cross is the symbol of sacrifice and death. To live for Him is to die to ourselves and the world. In the Spiritual we came, we died and we rose again as a new creature in Christ. As we move towards and become like Jesus, we die to ourselves. And so there is an important intertwining of dying to ourselves and living the resurrected life. It is the heads and the tails of the same coin. If you focus on just one aspect to the detriment of the other, you will become imbalanced in your walk. We surely must pick up our cross daily it is important to realize that this will produce an abundant spiritual life in Christ and while you may die to the flesh internally, the world should see your joy expressed externally and wonder and marvel how such a thing could be. This is pleasing to God.

The proof of our new life, our resurrection from the dead, our authentic faith is not a large house or a $2000 suit or a prosperous life in this world, these things prove nothing in the Spiritual. The proof of our faith is how we react to carrying our cross. In the midst of death to ourselves does the love of Jesus pour forth? Do we minister to others when we ourselves are in the midst of trial and testing’s? Have we found the secret of being content in every situation? The cross does not lie. There is no hypocrisy on the cross. Tozer said that you knew one thing about a man carrying a cross out of the city, you knew he was not coming back. The cross signifies death to self and death to the world. It’s only by taking up our cross that we can crucify the flesh. The flesh wars against the Spirit. The flesh must die, it dies only upon the cross, it thrives on indulgence.

The walk of the cross is a lonely walk. Yet in every generation, across denominational lines, brothers and sisters will be called out. They will know each other when they meet. They will be people who have rejected the “norm.” They will be a people who are seeking a deeper walk with Jesus. While the crowd run after the latest craze and those that tickle their ears, these people will find themselves on an ancient narrow path. This path begins at Calvary and ends at the throne. It is a very difficult and lonely path but all the saints who have come before you have walked this very path. Be encouraged today saints, God has seen and sees the afflictions of His people. He has not left us as orphans, we have the Holy Spirit who can take us to a place that Jesus has prepared for us. He is our high tower and the righteous can run into it and are safe. There is a place beneath His wings that is ours. He has given us wings in the Spiritual so that we can fly to this place. And in this prepared place we can discover joy where there should be no joy. We can discover peace where there should be no peace. We can discover love where hate should be. We can be fed although a famine has overtaken the land. He is our fountain in a land that is dry and dusty, in a land where there is no water.

As the spiritual famine deepens, as the drought begins to change the landscape, as the counterfeit increases daily, the Lord knows how to feed His children. As the storm that rages then the Lord says to His children “I am the eye of the storm, do not be afraid of it, walk into the heart of it and find peace at the center it, I am the Lord of all storms and I stand in the midst of them and beckon unto my own to come unto me and take my hand and I will lead you through and you will not be overcome or destroyed.” We praise the Lord today that He sees all things and He knows all things and to those who have taken up their cross and walk the narrow path He is their strength and their comfort and sustainer.Jesus empowers us to die.......bro Frank

2016/12/5 12:16
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: The living Jesus empowers us to die.

Quote:
The walk of the cross is a lonely walk. Yet in every generation, across denominational lines, brothers and sisters will be called out. They will know each other when they meet. They will be people who have rejected the “norm.” They will be a people who are seeking a deeper walk with Jesus. While the crowd run after the latest craze and those that tickle their ears, these people will find themselves on an ancient narrow path. This path begins at Calvary and ends at the throne. It is a very difficult and lonely path but all the saints who have come before you have walked this very path.

In the current environment of evangelical Christianity in the Western cultures with apostasy and open homosexuality in Churches God is calling saints out of specific denominations. This will be a following of the Lord and bearing a cross to do so as the majority in some denominations are accepting the desolation and evil thing in their midst.

It has not always been God's plan that saints have to leave structured fellowships as believers have met in local gatherings of believers in the Bible such as the 7 letters in the Book of Revelation clearly show. And that there were over-comers in the midst of each Church, not departures from the Churches.

The health of the Church is far better in many countries compared to North America for instance, I have seen healthy gatherings of believers in some nations such as Nepal, India that were very strong in the Lord something I wish we had more here in Canada.

This "ancient narrow path" in the beginning was the one Church, one faith, one baptism and those saints all gathered in local churches that were one, with traditions and practices that were all the same. Of course there were false teachings or problems in each local church but the Lord was working to always show where each local body had a failing or problem.

But as brother Frank is alluding to that great suffering and even martyrdom awaits possibly many in the West who will stand for truth as there is a departure of the faith by many.

2016/12/5 14:26Profile

Re:

Bro Greg writes............

"The health of the Church is far better in many countries compared to North America for instance, I have seen healthy gatherings of believers in some nations such as Nepal, India that were very strong in the Lord something I wish we had more here in Canada."

I would agree with that. Most of what I write is about the church in the west which is so influential to the church at large. The church in Europe is all but gone, it is for all intents and purposes a post Christian world. Much of Africa is taken up with some version of the prosperity gospel or word of faith. If we took those kinds of churches out of the mix then the landscape of Christianity would closer resemble the European model...........bro Frank

2016/12/6 8:42
Elibeth

Re: The living Jesus empowers us to die.

Frank,

Are you describing a place where a King, who is Jesus,is ruling
in one's life,and is Lord ?

.... Not my will,but Thine ?

I read this at breakfast to some here.

Appreciate it.
Blessings
---------------
elizabeth

2016/12/6 10:16Profile
leyoung

Re:

Frank, Greg and Elizabeth and bros & sisters,

You know, I got off this site to engage in the community, but after I left I became disengaged from sermonindex which had kept me grounded in the Word and a true true form of fellowship albeit spiritual only.

What I found was truly disconcerting and I began to be sucked into the the vortex of a very confusing and nebulous Christianity. I certainly did not encounter all Christians but have encountered enough to know that anything I said to them which I know was biblical was volleyed back at me in an angry spike.

If I said something as simple as "Can we pray about this before we move ahead with our plan..." I was accused of being 'holier than thou" and that hearing God's voice is a subjective thing that we are not all privy to.

What I discerned was that Christians have been fed lies for so long now in organized religion that they are afraid to read the Bible and let the Holy Spirit teach and instruct them and to act on that faith in Christ is too scary to contemplate. What was once simple belief in Christ and acting in faith has now become a spectator sport watching the super heroes up on the podium, so to speak. It's easier to watch a Christian film than to speak to a neighbor. I got caught up in it too!!! Now I Weep more tears for brothers and sisters in Christ for they to be the lost sheep now! Jesus said we must lay down our lives to be his disciples. None of us want to be unpopular and hated but that is the cost.

I came back here to stay connected to the Truth that is still lifted up here.
May God protect and preserve his Living Word and awaken his people who are now more than ever being led astray. Lord, give us boldness to stand up for truth without being cowtowed and may we do it in absolute love as Christ in us requires. And believe me, Satan will rear his ugly head and say "Who do you think you are? " And we must continue to speak truth and act on it. "Christ in me is to live, to die is to gain".
Love in Christ,
Sis L

2016/12/6 12:11Profile

Re:

Hi Elizabeth, I am glad that you and others were blessed and I love your question ..........

"Are you describing a place where a King, who is Jesus,is ruling in one's life,and is Lord ?"

Yes indeed I am describing a place where Jesus is King. This wee video below speaks directly to that question. I hope that is okay bro Greg. May all be blessed by the short message that glorifies God in the highest and answers your question Elizabeth.................bro Frank

https://youtu.be/D5xXrNPDD6Y

2016/12/6 12:22
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

This truth that "nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me" is important for those who are seeking fellowship.

While the Gospel Fellowships and other house-church movements do genuinely seek to meet in the heart and practice of the New Testament, please be aware that the model is being co-opted by the brick and mortar churches and turned into another one of its "things".

Hearing from God while living the crucified life is essential as we meet and choose how/where/with whom to meet. It is a caution that is particularly meaningful to me.

2016/12/6 12:28Profile

Re: Thank you Brothers and Sisters

Brothers and Sisters, the Lord is working on hearts who are hungry for Him..He's working on me in ways I cannot tell you! There has been such a conviction and beautiful work I've never known....never, not like this. Im very grateful the Lord is drawing us together to encourage and edify one another as we see His Day approaching!

Brother Frank, thank you so much for obeying the Lord to encourage us.

Sister Leslie, your words ministered deeply to my heart.

May the Lord dissolve everything in our lives that are not of Him, may we truly be crucified with Jesus so He will get all the glory, and bring us to understand His perfect will and be faithful to DO it without question. Speaking the truth in love, even if it stings. Having done all to stand...stand. Being watchful for the purpose of prayer, but above all having fervent love for one another because love covers a multitude of sins.

Love is the difficult, narrow path through the cross to Jesus, the only way through the cross is death, for without death, there cannot be a resurrection that gives life.

Brothers and Sisters, keep spurring me on....Im listening! Praise the Lord, Hallelujah!

2016/12/6 13:47

Re:

Sister Leslie writes............

"What was once simple belief in Christ and acting in faith has now become a spectator sport watching the super heroes up on the podium, so to speak. It's easier to watch a Christian film than to speak to a neighbor."

Yes indeed sister, a spectator sport for the most part, it is a terrible tragedy...........bro Frank

2016/12/6 22:14

Re:

Thank you all for posting
Encouraging, edifying, glorifying God, wonderful to see.
This is what went through my mind:

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

2016/12/6 23:03

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy