Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : "My Grace is Sufficient"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

"My Grace is Sufficient"

"My Grace is Sufficient"

"For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."(2Corinthians 12:8,9)

"Most gladly I will","Glory in my infirmities"

Statements like that doesn't come from this human nature.We can't work that kind of attitude up.That goes against all of our human view points.This human nature resists all infirmities.God supplies the strength through His Grace.Then we begin to love the strength of His Grace more than the desire to lose the infirmity.

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2Corinthians 12:10)

"I take pleasure","When I'm weak then I'm strong"

We could never work that kind of attitude up in this nature.His abundance of Grace supplies that rest.Trying to make this human nature accept that attitude is impossible.Everything in this nature resists that.Everything in this world's environment resists that type of attitude towards life.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)

That statement doesn't come from within ourselves.Everything within us rebels against that type of assurance.This assurance is worked in and out through through us by God's power through His Grace.

"My grace is sufficient for thee"

Powerful words backed up by the promise of God.

2016/12/3 14:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy