Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Alan Redpath Quotes

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Alan Redpath Quotes

Faith is two empty hands held open to receive all of the Lord.
-Alan Redpath

Any battle for victory, power, and deliverance - from ourselves and from sin - which is not based constantly upon the gazing and the beholding of the Lord Jesus, with the heart and life lifted up to Him, is doomed to failure.
-Alan Redpath

T—Is it true?
H—Is it helpful?
I—Is it inspiring?
N—Is it necessary?
K—Is it kind?
If what I am about to say does not pass those tests, I will keep my mouth shut!
-Alan Redpath

Buffeted, knocked down but never knocked out, cast down but never in despair, persecuted but never forsaken, because - praise the Lord! - you have found the answer to what it takes to stand in the ministry you have received: a clear view of Jesus, in contemplation; in reflection of His glory in the midst of the battle; and then being made like unto Him as day by day your heart is lifted up to the Lord Jesus and He imparts to your life the sweetness and loveliness or His character.
-Alan Redpath

God's mercy with a sinner is only equalled and perhaps outmatched by His patience with the saints, with you and me.
-Alan Redpath

If you look up into His face and say, "Yes, Lord, whatever it costs," at that moment He'll flood your Life with His presence and power.
-Alan Redpath

God expects nothing from Alan Redpath but failure. I as a man am no different today from the day before I was converted. Five minutes after I've finished preaching I would be capable of committing any sin imaginable but for the grace of God. Alan Redpath is no different as a man from what he was as a youngster. And the sins that beset him then beset him now, were it not for a constant, continual dependence upon the blood of Jesus, and the grace of God, and the power of the Holy Ghost to keep me.
-Alan Redpath

We are prepared to serve the Lord only by sacrifice. We are fit for the work of God only when we have wept over it, prayed about it, and then we are enabled by Him to tackle the job that needs to be done. May God give to us hearts that bleed, eyes that are wide open to see, minds that are clear to interpret God's purposes, wills that are obedient, and a determination that is utterly unflinching as we set about the tasks He would have us do.
-Alan Redpath

The Holy Spirit guides the man's spirit, not [merely] the man's mind. Guidance is not discovered in relation to the problem, but guidance is discovered in relation to Jesus Christ. . . We want to stand up for ourselves and have our own way; but it is the MEEK whom God guides in judgment [Psalm 25:8,9]. The condition of an enlightened mind is a surrendered heart. . . If a man in his heart is right with God, God will deal with the problem. We often start the question of guidance at the wrong end. We are TRYING all the time; we are worrying our way through; we are panicky. What shall we do next? What is the next step in life? We are concerned about our mind. God is concerned about our spirit - the humble. the Contrite, and the brokenhearted - that man God will always guide.
-Alan Redpath

2005/6/7 18:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy