SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What about Mark 10:17-22

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Bear

Say I made something of great value available and accessible to all.
Say I knew who would accept and those who reject the gift beforehand.
Say I loved them all equally before making the offer.
Say I do not know what I am writing about

Hope that helps.

2016/12/4 20:45
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What is born again mean and who gives the birthing? Does this sound like another person in scripture? Who am I if this happens? Another person, who?

For everyone on sermonindex, I am not a Calvinist. I am a rebirthed new creation by the Spirit of Christ born again in me by His Spirit, by the Work of the Father at the Cross. God My Father has made Him to me my all in all. Jesus Christ is my believing in faith, my not earthly wisdom, but heavenly, my righteousness, not mine but His that is in me, my sanctification by the Seal of the Holy Spirit Teacher of Christ in me, my redemption by His Blood, of which none of the above has anything to do with my own responsibility.

Colossians 1:28-29 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Whose working? Certainly not mine. Praise God, To Him be all the glory of Him, "saving me to be saved" in Christ, even before the foundation of the world in Gods creation.

Is this not what Paul is saying that which was given him by Jesus Christ Himself?

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

In Christ: Phillip

2016/12/4 22:28Profile
savannah

Re: miracles

awakened posted,

"Because of He that is in me I can now ((CHOose)) without Him I could not."

100% wrong and a clever lie of the calvinists. All throughout the bible from the front cover to the back is instruction from God to choose Him and we see example after example of men and women doing so.

------------------------

As there are physical miracles, so there are spiritual miracles.

Just as it was impossible to obey the command of Jesus in the following passages physically, except by His miraculous power, so it is impossible to obey the command of Jesus spiritually, except by His miraculous power.

Physical miracles

And when He had said these things, He cried out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth.” John 11:43

Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, as the other. Matthew 12:13

Jesus said unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. And immediately the man was made whole and took up his bed and walked, and on that day was the sabbath.
John 5:8,9

Spiritual miracle

And when you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions. Col. 2:13

And you, being dead in your trespasses and sins... ,made us alive with Christ even we being dead in trespasses—by grace you are saved— and He raised us up together and seated us together in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus. Eph. 2:1,5,6

And they were exceedingly astonished, and said to him, “Then who can be saved?” Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.” Mark 10:26,27

Just as in the passages of physical miracles referenced above, when Jesus commanded, He empowered them to do so, so it is with the Gospel, when the command to repent and believe is given, the spiritually dead sinner is empowered to do so.

Both are by the miracle working power of God alone.

Give credit where credit is due!

That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the spirit is spirit. The flesh profits nothing!

2016/12/5 4:04Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: Blaine's question answered

Blaine, Why can't you accept that Savannah has answered your question about the Rich Young Ruler? We may not agree, but answered he/she has!

The fact is no one knows what the outcome of this young man was, i.e. if he ultimately did forsake all and follow Christ or not. Savannah assumes he did (and was probably the gospel writer, Mark), you assume he did not. Neither can be proved, so it is a pointless argument and no point in trying to pursue your point anymore on this.

There are plenty of plain scriptures that speak of the love of God for men, you don't need speculative examples such as this to make your case.

2016/12/5 4:23Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Luke 6:35-36 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

We are told to love our enemies because that is what God does. God does not hate his enemies and then tell us to love ours.

A drunkard may tell his son not to drink because he hopes his son will aspire to a higher standard. Obviously, this line of reasoning cannot apply to God.

2016/12/5 8:24Profile

Re: Heydave

Mark 10:17-22 (NASB)

The Rich Young Ruler

As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments, ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” And he said to Him, “Teacher, I have kept all these things from my youth up.” Looking at him, JESUS FELT A LOVE FOR HIM and said to him, “One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But at these words he was saddened, and he went away grieving, for he was one who owned much property.

David you accuse me of speculation. Brother I am not the one attempting to speculate or make the text above say something that is not in the scripture. External sources I have looked at do not bear witness to Savannah's assertion that the rich young ruler is Mark.

And again I'm not the one trying to distort or twist a text to fit a certain theological system that our brother holds too. But I am accepting the plain reading of the scripture above.

Again the passage above indicates that God had a love for the rich young ruler. And the rich young ruler rejected the love and the invite of Christ because he could not leave the things of this world.

A plain reading of the text indicates God love all nen. But His love can be rejected.

My thoughts.

-bbs-

2016/12/5 14:25
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Blaine, I would have thought it was clear in what I wrote, that I was not accusing YOU in particular of speculation, but I am sorry if that was not clear.The point I was making was it cannot be known EITHER WAY if the Rich Young Ruler (whoever he is) later repented and forsoke all to follow Christ. You have to accept that. Yes it is clear Jesus loved him in his present lost condition, but Savannah's point is that he could have got saved later. For your point to be valid, you would have to assume he never got saved later. BOTH are speculation.

I believe Jesus loves ALL, including the lost because all are invited to turn and be saved, because He died for all mankind. The scriptures are clear to me on this.

2016/12/5 15:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I kind of like the theory he was Joseph of Aramathea. Of course that is just a theory but seems to fit- he was rich and a ruler (a pharisee).

2016/12/5 15:54Profile
rbanks

Re:

For God so loved the world...that he gave his only begotten Son. It is so clear that God truly loves all the people born in the world. His love is so strong that he gave his Son to be crucified for all the sins of the world.

That whoever believes in Him (his Son) should not perish but have everlasting life. It is also clear that no matter how much God loves us we must believe in his Son (who died for our sins) in order to receive eternal life and not perish in our sins.

The scripture teaches that we are saved by grace through faith. It is Gods grace that causes us to be saved by faith in Christ who shed his blood for the forgiveness of our sins.

God gives to all a measure of faith. The ones who place their faith in Christ can be save and the ones who will not place their faith in Christ will be damned.

Gods sovereignty does not negate man's responsibility.

Blessings to all!

2016/12/5 20:20Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Luke 9:23 Then He said to them all, “If **anyone** desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.

Rev 22 says that "whosoever will" may drink freely from the water of life.

2016/12/6 7:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy