SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Article about Hillsong

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi Abideinhim,
Very balanced view of things,I like your post and the fact that you take Ages and Times into account and that we are work in progress.
One point that crosses over to what I was saying earlier:
Quote:
. Over the years before I was saved, I had accumulated quite a music collection from everything from
the Beatles to Led Zepplin. I remember the Lord dealing with me about destroying all of that old music that was so much a part of the old man that was suppose to now be dead, but had a bad habit of coming off the cross at times.

My point is that their is nothing wrong with the majority of the old music(most of it is way better than Christian music) its the lyrics thats the problem and because you would also associate any old music from the beatles with the lyrics of the that same song that could be a problem.
For instance the music from the song "Let it Be"Now if the original words put to that song were Christian that would be a fab Christian Song but they are not unfortunatly
The Point is Music is Music is Music for the most part it doesnt see saved or non saved .We just dont seem to be any good at it
Yours Staff

2016/12/3 11:25Profile

Re:

Staff said:

"For instance the music from the song "Let it Be"Now if the original words put to that song were Christian that would be a fab Christian Song but they are not unfortunatly"

You mean something like this: Set him free from Apologetix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGqMvaHS9eE

2016/12/3 11:31
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
TMK....I don't go to a hillsong church but I have a lot of their music. Great stuff.

Amen Brother Todd, if only we were all perfect, but then there would be nothing to discuss here. :-)

2016/12/3 11:43Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: Staff

Staff wrote: "My point is that their is nothing wrong with the majority of the old music(most of it is way better than Christian music) its the lyrics thats the problem and because you would also associate any old music from the beatles with the lyrics of the that same song that could be a problem."

I don't agree that it is only the lyrics that are a problem. The spirit of a person comes through the music they play and write, so even just instrumentals can have spiritual effect, good or bad. Remember David playing his harp to King Saul? I have also witnessed many times godly lyrics sung in the flesh and even rocked up so as to become ungodly.

I also was into all the rock bands such as Led Zepplin, etc way back in the day and before I got saved. They were all pretty much into the occult and used of Satan to destroy many lives. Much the same as the present day ones are.

Worship leaders, bands, etc are not at all biblical for the church. Show me where this ministry is listed in the NT as one of the gifts God gave to His church? Most of the Hillsong type worship groups are just frustrated pop singers trying to get an outlet for playing and performing what they are not good enough to do to earn money from. This is why it seems sub-standard compared to what they are attempting to copy from the world. IMO of course! :)

2016/12/3 12:23Profile

Re:

Quote:
Worship leaders, bands, etc are not at all biblical for the church. Show me where this ministry is listed in the NT as one of the gifts God gave to His church? Most of the Hillsong type worship groups are just frustrated pop singers trying to get an outlet for playing and performing what they are not good enough to do to earn money from. This is why it seems sub-standard compared to what they are attempting to copy from the world. IMO of course! :)

Absolutely that is just YOUR opinion. We do not know the hearts of any of these kids. Let's examine ourselves brothers that we don't cross over from being truth seekers to taking on a mean, critical spirit.

2016/12/3 13:52

Re:

There is a spiritual power in music, it can be very good, it can be very, very bad. it is certainly not neutral as some say. What is in the heart of the presenters will eminate from their beings irrespective of what the surface sounds like. David could have played the second side of Abbey Road's guitar solo's and bless the Lord with it without his harp because it was David a man after God's own heart playing it.

2016/12/3 14:29
TrueWitness

Re:

There is constructive criticism and then there is condemning attacks coming from animus. John MacArthur and his ilk are masters of the latter. He has stated that the whole of the charismatic movement are unsaved! I am sure there are some unsaved people in charismatic churches and all churches for that matter. If he acted grieved over lost charismatics I might feel differently about him but so far I only see a man with little or no love for those he criticizes. What if God was like that toward us? God help us all.

I found a critique by Michael Brown of John MacArthur critiquing charismatic worship that I thought was spot on. Please take time to watch it by clicking the link:

https://askdrbrown.org/library/dr-brown-responds-john-macarthur-todd-friel-charismatic-worship

-Daniel

2016/12/3 15:01Profile

Re: gossips

Quote:
There is constructive criticism and then there is condemning attacks coming from animus. John MacArthur and his ilk are masters of the latter. He has stated that the whole of the charismatic movement are unsaved! I am sure there are some unsaved people in charismatic churches and all churches for that matter. If he acted grieved over lost charismatics I might feel differently about him but so far I only see a man with little or no love for those he criticizes. What if God was like that toward us? God help us all.

This is the danger behind these threads and the accompanying questions such as "I just want to know if this guy/article/doctrine is correct". Sometimes it is not a genuine question because those who post these threads have already made up their minds. What they are doing is stirring up a critical spirit...whether that is their intention or not.

Look, I get it...I use to be mad against all the garbage out there and I used to frequent the heresy hunter websites as many here apparently do...but all that did for me was confirm what I already knew PLUS it turned me into a bigger gossip than I already was. Because those kinds of websites are really nothing more than gossip sites with a few tidbits of usual information thrown in. I am not talking about discussions to warn the body of Christ of clear and blatant sins of public celebrity pastors/wolves...but everything else on these sites.

So who are the bigger sinners, the so called false teachers or those of us who gossip about them???

2016/12/3 15:24
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Mark, why do you assume we are talking about ' kids'. Hillsong leadership is not made up of kids. Brian Houston is 62! Hardly a spring chicken. Same is true for most of the local hillsong church leadership around the world. Yes they do appeal to the youth culture to lure in the naive kids, but the problem is the movement and the responsibility is with those who lead it.

Really it is a pointless discussion, because these types of church systems are just part of the false babylonian church in these days. Just take a look at what they teach and and how they perform. It's success is a marketing phenomenon, just like starbucks!

2016/12/3 15:31Profile

Re:

I could post the naked cowboy and scantily clad dancing girls video that Hillsong presented recently but that would be judging so I will not.

2016/12/3 15:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy