SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : What people are saying about the 'Ten Shekels and a Shirt' Sermon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 What people are saying about the 'Ten Shekels and a Shirt' Sermon

Here are some testimonies of people that have listened to the below sermon:

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282]Ten Shekels and a Shirt (low quality) by Paris Reidhead[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2902]Ten Shekels and a Shirt (High Quality) by Paris Reidhead[/url][/b]

[i]*after you listen to this great sermon please share your testimony!![/i]

related forum links:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=49&forum=30]Ten Shekels and a Shirt[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=583&forum=30]Promoting the 'Ten Shekels and a Shirt' Sermon![/url]

-------------------------------------

"The real point of this sermon is an indictment of individuals and organizations practising humanism behind a mask of Christianity!"

"This sermon should be preached on a regular basis in every church in America!"

"A truly timely and excellent sermon. It brings our hearts back into the proper focus. All who take the time to listen from beginning to end WILL be blessed."

"One of the most powerful sermons preached in the past 50 years. Explores the issues of "why" one serves God."

"This is by far and away the greatest sermon of the 20th century. Your life will be changed by the powerful words of this message from the Heavens above. I only wish there was more Reidhead on this site!"

"Well, I got the tape and listened to it and thought it had a good message, but not one that I would have thought would out sell all the others listed in Jack Morrison's catalogue. Then about two months later I listened to the message again, driving in my car. The message became clearer and stronger, and over a one week period I must have listened to it twenty times. It truly is one of the most powerful messages I have heard if not THE most powerful and needed in Christ's church today."

"I don't even have words to describe the amount of substance that is in this message. Brothers and Sisters, please find about an hour to get alone with God and listen to it. I have heard a few people call it the sermon of the century. At the time, the claim seemed a little odd, but now I think I can understand."

"Sermon of the Century!"

2003/10/17 2:15Profile
moreofHim

Re: What people are saying about the 'Ten Shekels and a Shirt' Sermon

Before reading this sermon, I was very aware that there was something very wrong with the Churchs- Ten S. and a S. put it into words for me. I have been in my own personal revival since then (aug 2002). I am so grateful to the Lord that I came across Ten Shekels and a Shirt. (I actually found it on accident because I liked the group "Ten Shekel Shirt"- how great is that!? I am hoping that is where they got the name.)

Soon after, I was inspired to write this:

~I Will Not Be Satisfied With A Seat In Heaven!~

While many believers are satisfied to just accept
grace by faith- and be satisfied that they have secured
a seat in heaven; I am not and will never be!
No, I desire to call on my Lord to be so near to me
that I may hear Him speaking to my heart--
risking to hear Him tell me what I may not want to hear.

Yes, it is my desire to hear the truth even if it means
that He shows me the many things wrong with me
and how He expects me to work on them and
give them over to Him.

Yes, I risk it all for Him. I will never be satisfied
with just "security"- but I want to experience
all the love the Lord has for me,
all the richness of having a closer than close
relationship with Him.

Knowing I will have to continue pressing harder,
going up higher, and pursuing Him with everything
in me -- it is worth it all!!

Even on the days where I feel I am
taking a rest from pursuing Him --
His Spirit is suddenly calling me
and I know that, not only have I been pursuing Him-
but that He is pursuing me as well!!

Thank you, thank you, Lord!

Though the rest of my days may never be
full of ease and comfort (and I'm glad for this)-
they will be glorious and rich
because I am in love with my Lord!
and He is in love with me!

So, let others have their "secured" seat in heaven.
Let them live the rest of their lives for themselves.
I'll give Him every bit of me- and more if He asks!
I really don't care what I get in return.
He is enough for me!!!

~chanin

2003/10/17 8:36Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"The ministry of Paris Reidhead has had a powerful effect on my life. I have been a missionary for 22 years in southeast Asia, but I can still recall the first time I listened to 'Ten Shekels and a Shirt.' I was painting a tin roof and listening to a battery powered tape player. At one point I nearly fell off the roof realizing that God is worthy to be obeyed for who He is and not just for what He has done for me."

"I've been listening to Paris Reidhead's sermons for about a year, and I can't tell you how much they have blesses me and stregthened my walk with Christ."

2003/11/18 0:56Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

This message was preached [b]only once[/b] by the late Paris Reidhead. It details the real motivation behind world missions. Deals directly with "evangelical humanism." An exceptional tape.
---------------

I find that very intresting that this amazing sermon was only preached [b]once[/b] by mr. reidhead. Praise God for the burden He lays on his servants hearts to give his message in due season!

2003/11/18 0:59Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"I felt compelled to respond to the dialogue regarding the Ten Shekels and a Shirt CD and the sermon that inspired it. I am the granddaughter of Paris Reidhead, the evangelist who preached that sermon. I received this CD from a friend for Christmas, but honestly had no idea that it was inspired by my grandfather's words. I will pass along to my grandmother that the words of my late grandfather continue to do the work of Christ."

In Him,
Sarah T.
------------------
taken from:
[url=http://www.emmanuelchurch.net/resources/cd_reviews/altrock/ten_shekel_shirt/much.shtml]http://www.emmanuelchurch.net/resour...[/url]

2003/12/27 14:04Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

I've listened to "Ten Shekels..." several times, and have shared it with several other people. I can't think of a sermon that I've ever heard that was more timely, and relevant to us church folk. ;-)
Clutch

2003/12/27 18:03Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re:

Listened to "Ten Shekels and a Shirt" 1am on Christmas Day. E-mailed a link to Merritt, the girl who sowed the seed that led me to Christ. Burned a copy as a Christmas gift for my aunt. Wrote this prayer/poem last night at 1am, titled after the sermon that inspired. Came across this thread just today.

You deserve the reward of Your suffering
Move me to right mind, right motive
I am Your bondservant, not Your master
Not to promote my pleasure, but Your glory
Let me not be selfish -- You deserve better
Christ, Your hands and feet bought me
Your broken body replaced mine
Your perfect blood redeemed my damnedness
O, holy and perfect Son of Man
O, sacred End of Days
I thirst for Your holiness
I seek out Your face
You are my Rock, my Protector, my Fortress
You are my Salvation, my Love, my Hope
You are my Way, my Truth, my Life
Glorify Yourself through me
I deserved hell, but You loved me -- and love me still
Your love sustains me
You are more than sufficient
Help me glorify You
Merciful King, Sinless Servant of Your murderers

2003/12/28 13:14Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

This message 'Ten Shekels and a Shirt' have been listened to [b]over 6200[/b] times from this website alone. I have heard this message over 10 times and every time I listen to it the Lord blesses something else to me from it. LISTEN to it TODAY!

2004/1/8 13:41Profile
mirfi

Norman, OK

Re:

Quote:
"But I believe that the only ones whom God actually witnesses by His Spirit and are born of Him, are the people, whether they say it or not, that come to Jesus Christ and say something like this, "Lord Jesus, I'm going to obey you, and love you, and serve you, and do what you want me to do, as long as I live even if I go to Hell at the end of the road, simply because YOU ARE WORTHY TO BE LOVED, AND OBEYED, AND SERVED, and I'm not trying to make a deal with you!"

This passage touched me more than any other. We need to truly live with this attitude. its all for you God, not because i want to escape hell or go to heaven but because you deserve it all.

2004/3/29 14:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy