SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline, so be earnest and repent."

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

"Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline, so be earnest and repent."

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.

Proverbs 14:14 The backslider in heart will be filled with his own ways,
But a good man will be satisfied from above.

Proverbs 16:25 There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.

2 Chronicles 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.”

Revelation 2: 4 Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.

Revelation 2:16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.

Revelation 2:22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds.

Revelation 3:3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent.

Revelation 3:18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 Now “If the righteous one is scarcely saved,
Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?”
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the beginning of the book, "Living Water" by Brother Yun ,he mentions a single missionary woman, Marie Monsen...the Lord used her for His glory, and a massive revival broke out and is still ongoing in China to this day. Here are a few brief excerpts to ponder from the first chapter, "Repentance"....

"Monsen had one main message that she preached everywhere she went. She taught that to be a follower of Christ, a person has to thoroughly repent of their sins. By that she didn't simply mean that people must confess their sins and ask forgiveness. That was only the first step. She meant that their whole lives, desires, motives, and plans must be surrendered to God. Each Christian must die to self and completely hand their past, present and future over to the Lord Jesus Christ."

"On occasions the holy anger of God came upon Marie Monsen, and she often convicted her fellow missionaries and the Chinese church leaders of their lukewarm commitment and secret sins. Many were told they were hypocrites, and Monsen was never afraid to set forth the standard of God's holiness. "

"Monsen frequently asked missionaries if they had ever really experienced a rebirth in Christ and if they had completely surrendered their lives to Him. This must have come as a shock to many missionaries who, it was supposed, had forsaken all to serve Christ on the other side of the world. More than a few of them, however, were convicted by the searching light of the Holy Spirit and could not confidently say that they had ever been converted. Monsen led a number of her fellow missionaries into a personal relationship with Jesus."

"Because most of the Henan Christians in the pre-Communism era had been so strongly challenged to thoroughly repent and be in right relationship with God, they were able to better withstand the storms of persecution that buffeted the Chinese church throughout the 1950s, '60s, and '70s. I have heard countless stories of men and women who sacrificed their lives as martyrs for Jesus during this time."

2016/11/27 11:47
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: "Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline, so be earnest and repent."

QUOTE:
"Because most of the Henan Christians in the pre-Communism era had been so strongly challenged to thoroughly repent and be in right relationship with God, they were able to better withstand the storms of persecution that buffeted the Chinese church throughout the 1950s, '60s, and '70s."

And I am sure this will hold true regardless where one lives.

Appreciate this post, Sherrie.

Sandra

2016/11/30 14:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy