Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Put On Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Put On Christ

THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE GLORY OF GOD IS IN THE FACE OF JESUS CHRIST

“…..and when that which is perfect may come, then that which is in part shall become useless. When I was a babe, as a babe I was speaking, as a babe I was thinking, as a babe I was reasoning, and when I have become a man, I have made useless the things of the babe; for we see now through a mirror obscurely, and then face to face; now I know in part, and then I shall fully know, as also I was known…. (1 Cor. 13:10-12 YLT)

“For God, who said, ‘Light shall shine out of darkness’ is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.” (2 Cor. 4:6)

2016/11/24 3:58Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Put On Christ

JESUS CHRIST IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE

“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.’” (John 14:6)

2016/11/24 3:59Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Put On Christ

JESUS CHRIST IS THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." (Rev. 22:13 NASB)

2016/11/24 4:02Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Put On Christ

JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY FOUNDATION

For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.” (1 Cor. 3:11)

2016/11/24 4:04Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Put On Christ

FAITH, HOPE, LOVE, THESE THREE REMAIN

“…..and now there doth remain faith, hope, love -- these three; and the greatest of these is love.” (1 Cor. 13:13 YLT)

Faith:

“This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ…..” (1 John 3:23)

Hope:

“…..Christ in you, the hope of glory.” (Col. 1:27)

Love:

“…. and love one another, just as He commanded us.” (1 John 3:23)

2016/11/24 4:05Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Put On Christ

WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH

"But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.” (John 4:23 NASB)

2016/11/24 4:07Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Put On Christ

PUT ON CHRIST

“For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. “ (Gal. 3:26-27 KJV)

“……teaching every man, in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus……” (Col. 1:28 YLT)

“Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ…..” (Eph.4:13 KJV)

“…..but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.” (Eph. 4:15-16 NASB)

Clothed with power from on high:

"And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high." (Luke 24:49 NASB)

Put on the new self:

“…and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.” (Eph. 4:24)

“…..and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him…..” (Col. 3:10 NASB)

Put on love:

“…..Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. “ (Col. 3:14 NASB)

Put on the righteous acts of the saints:

"’Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.’ It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.” (Rev. 19:7-8)

Put on the full armour of God:

”Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” (Eph. 6:10-17 NASB)

A covering of praise for a spirit of weakness:

“To appoint to mourners in Zion, To give to them beauty instead of ashes, The oil of joy instead of mourning, A covering of praise for a spirit of weakness, And He is calling to them, 'Trees of righteousness, The planting of Jehovah -- to be beautified.” (Isa. 61:3 YLT)

Clothed with garments of salvation and wrapped with robe of righteousness:

“I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” (Isa. 61:10 NASB)

2016/11/24 4:09Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Put On Christ

“LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD”

“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.” (Eph. 2:8-9 NASB)

“But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that, just as it is written, ‘LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD.’” (1 Cor. 1:30-31)

2016/11/24 4:11Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Grace through Faith

Excerpts from Andrew Murray’s book “The Two Covenants”:

“Just listen, my brother. Thy Father loves thee with an infinite love, and longs to make thee, even today, His holy, happy, obedient child. Hear His message: He has for thee an entirely different life from what thou art living. A life in which His grace shall actually work in thee every moment all He asks thee to be.”

"God is able to make all grace abound in you, that ye may abound unto every good work." (2 Cor. 9:8)

“Not only the commencement but the continuance of the Christian life is the work of grace. ‘Now if it is by grace it is no more of works, otherwise grace is no more grace; therefore it is of faith that it may be according to grace" (Rom. 11:6; 4:16). As we see that grace is literally and absolutely to do all in us, so that all our actings are the showing forth of grace in us, we shall consent to live the life of faith a life in which, every moment, everything is expected from God. It is only then that we shall experience that sin shall not, never, not for a moment, have dominion over us.”

“Let us beseech God to open our eyes by the Holy Spirit to see that in the New Covenant everything, every movement, every moment of our Christian life, is of grace, abounding grace; grace abounding exceedingly, and working mightily. Let us believe that our Covenant God waits to cause all grace to abound toward us. And let us begin to live the life of faith that depends upon, and trusts in, and looks to, and ever waits for God, through Jesus Christ, by the Holy Spirit, to work in us that which is pleasing in His sight.”

“The whole life in the New Covenant is a life of faith. Faith accepts every promise of the Covenant, is certain that it is being fulfilled, looks confidently to the God of the Covenant to do His work. Faith believes implicitly in the new heart, with the law written in it, because it believes in the promise, and in the God who gave and fulfils the promise.”

“As I believe that God is actually to work all in me, I shall see that the one thing that is hindering me is, my doing something of myself. As I am willing to learn from Christ by the Holy Spirit to say truly, Nothing of myself, I shall have the true preparation to receive all God has engaged to work, and the power confidently to expect it. I shall learn that the whole secret of the New Covenant is just one thing: God Works All! The seal of the Covenant stands sure: ‘I the Lord have spoken it, And I Will Do It’(Ezek. 24:14)."

2016/11/26 8:00Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Grace through Faith

Amen!

2016/11/26 8:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy