Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : "Where is He whom my soul loveth?"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 "Where is He whom my soul loveth?"

"O Jesus, I know that I want You above everything else. Put power within me to run after You. Take away from my heart all idolatry--all desire for things, for people, for places; but, Son of God, I pray that I may learn to love You and run after You, and like Paul to do this one thing: "Forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

There is no greater call than this, and this call has certainly and definitely come to our hearts. What are we doing with it? God and the devil are watching to see what you are doing with this one call—to have Jesus, to know Him. The enemy is working overtime to keep people from knowing Jesus. If we grow careless over this one thing—knowing Jesus—darkness and confusion will enter our souls, and we will become enamored of other things.

God has called upon us to deny self, to hate self, to love Jesus, to want Him, and to seek for Him with the whole heart. If God has put that cry into our souls, we ought to nurse it and make sure that it increases in us. As we seek Him He draws nigh to us; that seeking spirit becomes our portion, and we become desperately hungry for the Lord. Oh, there's the voice of the bride, "Where is He whom my soul loveth?" Your whole attention is riveted on Him. There is nothing else that satisfies you.

There must come a time in my soul and in your soul when Jesus Christ becomes our all; every other interest and affection has been wiped out, and there is only one interest—Jesus. No matter what He does with me, whether He raises me into a place of power with himself or not, the important thing is that I have Him for myself, and that He satisfies the depths of my spirit. "This is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" (John 17:3)." - Hans Waldvogel

2016/11/23 21:07Profile

Re: "Where is He whom my soul loveth?"

Let Him show us the vision of the Glory, and bring us to the very end of self, let Him touch our lips with the live coal, and set us on fire to burn for Him, yea, burn with consuming love for Him, and a purpose none can turn us from, and a passion like a pure white flame, “a passion for the Glory of God!”
Oh, may this passion consume us! Burn the self out of us, burn the love into us—for God’s Glory we ask it, Amen. - Amy Carmichael

2016/11/23 23:10
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

((Thank you so much for sharing that Sheri)) Those same words of Amy Carmichael are written in my Bible on the inside of the front cover page and may it be so for all His elect in Jesus mighty name. Praise Him!

2016/11/24 6:50Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: "Where is He whom my soul loveth?"

Thank you sisters for these rich devotionals that I made my prayer this morning.

I had no idea who Hans Waldvogel was, but after doing a little reading about his life discovered his deep love and devotion to Christ. He was the pastor of a Pentecostal Church, and his meetings were known for waiting in silence before God, much like the Quakers did.

2016/11/24 9:01Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

just wanted to share one of brother Waldvogel's audio sermons that is similar to the original post...

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=22505

2016/11/24 10:10Profile

Re:

Sister, (((big hugs))))
The Lord is so good! Looking to the Word of God, and letting scripture speak alone, rejoicing in the Lord! Jesus always give answers when we seek Him with all of our hearts. Praise God!

2 Thessalonians 2: 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. 2 Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us.

2 Timothy 3: 14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2016/11/24 12:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy