SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Headcoverings for Women?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Brothers,

I actually feel grieved that every conversation on this subject has been successfully de-railed by certain brothers on purpose. I am not sure if it is insecurity of sisters wearing coverings, or if it would bring conviction that one's spouse does not.

Another thought is that if sisters start to obey scriptures in detail out of love for the Saviour then would the brothers have to start to do the same?

1 Timothy 2:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.

If a sister is seeking to obey the Lord in dressing more modestly or another area of practical obedience should we as brothers cause a stir about it? I thank God for sisters who are seeking to obey the Lord in all things and doing this apart from brothers who will not preach on particulars.

Nothing good has come from joking around on this thread as it is probably grieving to the Lord that the sister was discouraged even in our honest desire after something of value in the christian walk.

Would fasting or silence in prayer and waiting on God be stood against in the same way brethren?

2016/11/22 16:28Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Online!
 Re:

Greg,

I have to say I think your post is misplaced. The sister's opening post actually asked for input on both sides of this issue. Please go back and read the the OP. How then can you accuse some of deliberately derailing a discussion or stumbling a sister "who desires to obey the Lord" when the forum was asked to comment?

I read your post as saying "because people have posted things I disagree with they have an ulterior motive". You assume your position is right, therefore anyone who comments otherwise is to be shutdown?

On the joking you may have a point, but I did not take it as directed against anyone to be offensive.

2016/11/22 17:36Profile
Renee_is_His

Arkansas

Re: From Another Sister

Sister Sherri,
I would like to share with you the revelation God gave me concerning the head covering:
In my ministry as an intercessor, I began to search for teachings on this after the Lord brought me to 1Cor 11. I have to admit, something rose up in me when I read it, but I wanted to obey the Lord. Like you, I wanted to know the why and the significance. The best teaching I have found on this subject was from Watchman Nee - here's the link: http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?p

Whenever I prayed, I covered my head automatically. I did this even as a baby believer. I didn't know why, it was just something I did. When I began to research this subject a few years ago and after I read Watchman Nee's teaching, the Lord gave me this analogy. When a woman is married, she wears a wedding ring. She would still be married without the ring, the ring is an outward symbol of her marital status. It can be seen by others - she wants others to know she is married. In the realm of the spirit, the head covering symbolizes the woman is under the authority of Christ, whether she is married to a man, or not. It can be seen by the angels (ICor 11:10). If you are under the authority of Christ, you can exercise spiritual authority through prayer. It is an outward symbol of an inward reality of submission, obedience, and humility of the heart.
There are women who wear a covering that have a rebellious heart totally negating the spiritual aspect of it. The head covering symbolizes submitting to God's governmental order, as the apostle Paul brings out in the first 9 verses of the chapter.
Can you still exercise spiritual authority in prayer without the head covering? I would have to say yes especially if a woman is in a situation where she cannot get hold of something to cover her head with. It is about her submission to Christ, not whether she has a covering or not. What I do know is when God calls us to obedience in a certain area, the individual is responsible before God to obey it. I hope this helps, dear sister.

Renee

2016/11/22 19:53Profile

Re:

I fully agree with Greg here and it saddens me even more that most don't see it that way.
We have a new believer and new member here who sincerely wants to obey the Lord and find out what His will is.
sherry2 didn't come here with an "agenda" but with a humbled desire to please the Lord!
And she pleaded several time to stop those "unhelpful" comments !

New believers (all believers ) should be encouraged to seek and obey the Lord!
I find it unacceptable if we use the thread (any thread )for ourselves, to show that we know better and to get some fun out of it.

2016/11/22 19:54
followthelamb

Re:

Brother TMK, you had written, "The most mysterious element to me is the phrase "because of the angels,"

Is there any other passage of scripture that suggests we should worry about what angels think?"

A few scriptures came to mind that touch on the importance of our witness before the angels and I just wanted to share those scriptures in this thread.

Ephesians 3:10 speaking of how God's manifold wisdom might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places through the church.

Also it seems relevant that 1 Corinthians 4:9 where Paul is speaking of being a spectacle not only to the world and men but also to the angels is included in the same epistle as the head covering instructions.

-------

Dear sis Sheri-- God bless you and even if topics have been covered before, you are most welcome to begin new threads such as this. Who knows what the Spirit might want to share or shed light on in different threads...and there are always new believers from all over the world who find their way to SI and can benefit from not just reading old threads but live fellowship and discussions in real time. I will try to share briefly how the Lord has led me after I was saved out of the world when time permits.

May the love of Jesus melt all our hearts afresh in these days

2016/11/22 20:11Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Just a note also for the sisters, if you want a thread to be devoted to more just sisters sharing please just request that in the initial post and it can be healthy and good for sisters to just have a conversation about certain scriptures and perspectives.

2016/11/22 20:39Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I apologize if what I said seemed rude. I certainly didn't mean it that way.

2016/11/22 21:25Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

I actually feel grieved that every conversation on this subject has been successfully de-railed by certain brothers on purpose. I am not sure if it is insecurity of sisters wearing coverings, or if it would bring conviction that one's spouse does not.

I have posted something similar in a previously discussed head covering thread. It baffles me how some posters here who happen to be men, keep posting their strong views against women covering their head. How does it not bother them what the Lord thought about those who teach others to disobey even the least of his commands?

Matt 5:19 -So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven....

Matt 18:6- 19So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven,....

2016/11/22 22:25Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy