SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : warning

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

Don't look in---- look up

Instead of looking in constantly and self examining constantly why don't you just look up and let Jesus bring about a sense of conviction over sins when He sees it's nessary? That's how you enter into His rest.

2005/6/7 16:22Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re: Don't look in---- look up

This might be of help to you. A good sermon by a retired preacher about the fear of God spoken from Psalm 25. The Calmness of the Trusting Believer Part 1. The second part later on in June.
jouko

http://www.saarnaindexi.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=123

2005/6/7 19:23Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Thanks jouko, and everyone else. Your advice and prayers are much needed and appreciated.

2005/6/7 19:29Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: warning

I am wondering: have you been obedient to what the Holy Spirit it telling you to do? Have you totally repented of your sin(s)? Do you still in your imagination chafe at repenting? If so, this may be the cause of your problem. God wants us 100% of repentence, not partial.

Blessings,
Ginnyrose

2005/6/7 19:43Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

To the best of my ability I have repented, and made an earnest effort to turn away from sin and be sanctified by the Holy Spirit. I have been continually caught in the vicious cycle of sin, repent, sin, repent. Certain sins seem to hold me in their grasp, and I struggle daily to be free of them. Galatians 5:24 keeps coming to mind, though,"And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."

2005/6/7 19:58Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I keep drifting in and out of total despair, sometimes thinking that there is a chance God will have mercy on me, and then totally despondent, knowing that my eternal destiny is the lake of fire. I just want the Lord to use me in some way to glorify His name and do His will before I go there.(Somewhat like a drowning man trying to save other drowning men.) Even when I witness to people it has no power, mostly useless rhetoric. Some times the depression gets so bad I ponder suicide, but I know that is a useless notion, knowing it will prematurely send me to where I will eventually end up. And I don't know if losing my confidence is the same as renouncing my faith. As you can see I am in much confusion and double-mindedness. "Hope deffered maketh the heart sick."

2005/6/8 0:44Profile
dohzman

Re:

For some people, they need to forget about repentance, santification, all that, and behold the lamb of God. It's that easy. And BTW always finish your scripture quotes" Hope defered makes the heart sick, but when hope cometh it is a well spring of life". There is a principle of becoming in the Word of God, we become what we behold. You know as a man thinketh in his heart so is he? So you need to set your thoughts on Jesus and Him only. Let Him sort all that other stuff out, you just set your attention on Jesus. I would suggest getting a red letter bible and just writting down everything in red. Also take time to just read the gospels, nothing else, just the gospels. Read them , don't study them , just read them.

2005/6/8 1:00Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I wish it was that easy, just to behold the glory of God. But I am completely shut out of His presence. As I said earlier, I read the Bible all day and pray whenever I can but all to no avail. He refuses to speak to me at all.

2005/6/8 1:08Profile
dohzman

Re:

re-read my last post and do it. Rember this is still a faith walk and we don't always have the feelings or the goose-pimples or the inward witness. Talk to God as if He hears you. Live for Him as if you're His. And don't worry about senseing His presence, act as if it's there.

2005/6/8 1:22Profile
TheophilusMD

New Jersey

Re:

Quote:
I wish it was that easy, just to behold the glory of God.

Hi Drifter,

It often amazes me to see how the Lord brings all of us to a point of desperation until it clearly dawns on us that the only reason why we are accepted in the Beloved is the finished work of Christ on the cross. There's no other ground on which we stand before the presence of the Master save the cross. It is never because we merit anything that God turns His ears to our cries and stretches His loving arms in response to our deep longings for His touch. It is simply because He loves us and cares for us. We misunderstand Him often because His ways are so far different from ours and until we learn to simply trust Him, regardless of our perception, life surely is a long, bumpy and difficult road to travel on. I am reminded of Job whose questions about sufferings were not directly answered but was sufficiently answered just the same when God visited Him. That He saw the Lord was enough for Him.

That you despair for His touch is a sure sign that the Lord is at work in you. Didn't Jesus say, "No one comes to the Me, unless the Father draws him?" He seems to be stripping you of anything good that you think you can present to Him. Come as you are, there's such freedom in that. :-D You'd be all the more surprised to learn that showing His glory is what God wanted all along. For you.

Praying with you.
Rey

2005/6/8 2:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy