SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : GOD'S LIVING EPISTLES by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 GOD'S LIVING EPISTLES by David Wilkerson

“Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men” (2 Corinthians 3:2).

I have a question for you: What is your life saying to those around you? How does the book of your life read? What kind of teacher is your life?

So many testimonies pour into our office. We read stories about those who are filled with hope despite job loss; who have peace in spite of physical sickness; who walk with courage in the face of endless suffering. And they all have this in common: They pray.

PRAYER, THE COMMON DENOMINATOR

One such servant is a devoted woman of God undergoing a grinding trial. Daily she has the desperate task of caring for both a mentally challenged son and an elderly mother-in-law with dementia. This woman has to be on guard round the clock because one or the other of the two might run away or burn down the house. She tells of how weary she becomes at times, wondering if she can make it through another day.

What it all boils down to for her is simple: She prays. This woman knows firsthand how to go boldly to God’s throne of grace daily to find mercy in her time of need.

BOLD TRUST

Such teachers are living epistles, God’s love letters to a hopeless world. And they have become so by being in constant communion with the Lord through every trial and struggle. They wholly trust Jesus to renew their strength to go on, and depend on the Holy Spirit for direction and grace in their time of need.

I ask you: Do you minister to others by your example? I urge you, go to the Lord daily for all the mercy and strength you need. He is calling you forth as one of His teachers!

2016/11/17 18:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy