Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sodomites Have Invaded the Church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JohnBoruff

Sodomites Have Invaded the Church

The people of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the Lord.
–Genesis 13:13

Historical Timeline of Homosexuals Invading the Church

1968 – The Metropolitan Community Church, a predominantly LGBT church, has ordained LGBT candidates for ministry since its founding in 1968.

1972 – In 1972, the United Church of Christ became the first mainline Protestant denomination in the United States to ordain an openly gay clergy.

2000 – In the United Kingdom, the Church of England has permitted transgender priests to serve since 2000. The Church of England has also allowed gay and lesbian priests in civil partnerships since 2005. In 2013, the church allowed bishops to enter into same-sex civil partnerships.

2008 – The United Methodist Church Judicial Council ruled that openly transgender pastor Drew Phoenix could keep his position.

2009 – The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) starts ordaining gay pastors. In August 2009 they decided to accept gay, lesbian, and bisexual clergy in sexually active monogamous relationships. In 2014, Megan Rohrer became the first openly transgender leader of an ELCA congregation (specifically, Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church of San Francisco.)

2012 – The Presbyterian Church (USA) (PCUSA) starts ordaining gay pastors. In 2012, Katie Ricks became the first open lesbian to be ordained in the church.

This is some pretty bad heresy, folks. When heretics are leading the mainstream churches, should we not ask if the falling away of the last days is underway? (2 Thess. 2:1-4). I am a Christian homophobe, just like Abraham was. I am afraid of Sodom. I am afraid of AIDS and God’s judgment, fire and brimstone appointed to burn the wicked. This is just for your information: God might love what He has created, but He has laws and standards. Homosexuality–no matter what form it comes in–is a flagrant violation of what God thinks about human sexuality.

2016/11/17 8:05Profile
staff

Re: Sodomites Have Invaded the Church

Hi JohnBoruff,
Interesting Time Line,The thing is are any of these denominations really Christian?anyway.And if their are Christians in them wont they leave the "Northern Kingdom" and go to the "Southern Kingdom" sort to speak.
What can be done?Well one thing is we have to realize the real Church belongs to Christ and its up to him to lead us in regard to this subject.
Two we have point out that its not just homosexuality thats sexual immorality but also all the other sexual immorality as well that God is against.
Is the falling away happening well it certainly feels like it does that make any difference to how we respond probably not,
Its my firm belief that God has a specific plan to challenge this falling away,
Yours Staff

2016/11/17 10:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Sodomites Have Invaded the Church

I am certain you are aware this timeline is not all inclusive, but it does provide one with some clue of when it has become to be embraced by mainline "Christian" people.

As I consider this entire headlong fall into apostasy all one has to do is look back and ask, "How did this happen?" It did not happen overnight but it was a process. People do not wake up one morning and declare this is what we will do.

It is easy for me to see this progression in my own church "family" or denomination. My heritage of faith is Anabaptist, currently known as Mennonite. Today there are Mennonite female lesbian pastors. Had this happened 50-60 years ago people would have been horrified!

It all began when people seriously asked questions, "Yea, hath God said?", made observations like, "This is not relevant for today..."; "there are many people who do God's work and they do not do this or that - they have a wonderful testimony"; the permanence of marriage was challenged and eventually discarded allowing for remarriage with a surviving spouse; heterosexual immorality became common and sighed over because people's conscience had been seared with music/movies that glorified it. Even a church theologian became embroiled in immorality but the men leaders only sighed and let him be - because he was well liked by others outside of the Mennonite community. (Oddly enough it took an upset female to set in motion his removal.) Then homosexuality wormed its way into the church and eventually in the name of "Love" it was accepted.

However, there were concerned people who rightly saw the progression and trends and removed themselves organizationally from these churches.

Today, the devil is working in these churches who are concerned about walking with the LORD, walking in faith/obedience. The devil uses all kinds of sins to undermine God's people. It can be greed, relativism, dishonesty, inability to discern truth from error...you name it.

The devil is everywhere...give him an inch and he will take a mile - slowly, so slow you are oblivious to it happening until one day after your conscience has become seared and by then you are to powerless to act.

This is as I see it - and I have been around a while - have been a witness to these goings on....

Sad, am I. Let us be diligent in our walk with the LORD being heedless to any criticism one can earn for it.

Sandra

2016/11/17 12:39Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

We've visited this topic many many times. It just doesn't get any better. Always worse. Always.

The elect won't be deceived. Mark 13:22, Matthew 24:24. If the elect were Jews in the first century AD, it wouldn't make any sense to say that. They WERE deceived. The elect in the two parallel passages are disciples of Jesus in particular.

His sheep know His voice. We can distinguish -- by grace, Lord, by grace, not our own selves for sure -- but we can distinguish His voice from others. The false prophets are clever and sly and liars from the pit of hell.

Seek Jesus urgently, folks.

2016/11/17 16:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy