Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Ray Stedman Removed from SI

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Ray Stedman Removed from SI

Saints,

I wanted to write this short notice to let brothers and sisters on SermonIndex know the reason why we have removed "all" Ray Stedman materials from the website.

On Oct 11, 2016 I received a lawyer letter from the Flagler Law Group demanding that we remove all materials: "the Owner herebydemands that your company remove all links to the Infringed Materials from the Site." This was with no attempt from the believers from Ray Stedman Ministries to reach out and let us know their wishes.

We obtained most if not all the Ray Stedman recordings from Fire Fighters for Christ tape library which has been freely distributing many speakers such as Ray Stedman for 15 years and ourselves for 12 years.

This has been grieving to see a ministry act in this way which is not biblical, and not even personally reaching out to other fellow believers. Sadly money, organizations and control come into play and trying to distribute God's Words preached for money.

George Fox spoke of this in his day:

"The earthly spirit of the priests wounded my life; and when I heard the bell toll to call people together to the steeple-house, it struck at my life; for it was just like a market-bell, to gather people together, that the priest might set forth his ware for sale. Oh, the vast sums of money that are gotten by the trade they make of selling the Scriptures, and by their preaching, from the highest bishop to the lowest priest! What one trade else in the world is comparable to it? notwithstanding the Scriptures were given forth freely, and Christ commanded His ministers to preach freely, and the prophets and apostles denounced judgment against all covetous hirelings and diviners for money. But in this free Spirit of the Lord Jesus was I sent forth to declare the Word of life and reconciliation freely, that all might come to Christ, who gives freely, and who renews up into the image of God, which man and woman were in before they fell, that they might sit down in heavenly places in Christ Jesus."
-George Fox

God forbid that we ever control and try and sell the sermons here for financial profit. Jesus came to the temple system in his day and cleansed it from such mis-use of His Words and Name.

John 2:13-17New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Cleanses the Temple
13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business. 15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. 16 And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!” 17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for Your house has eaten[a] Me up.”

2016/11/13 9:21Profile
staff

Re: Ray Stedman Removed from SI

Hi Greg,
You have done everything in this regard flawlessly and its unfortune in the process that has been taken.
We can rejoice here on Sermonindex that the motives behind the website are above reproach from Man Or God.
We recieve freely and freely we give with an honest generous heart hoping that Saints will be built up and fed and that unbelievers can look into and research this great hope that we all have on Sermonindex no matter what our views or backgrounds may be.
Yours Staff

2016/11/13 9:38Profile

Re:

Ray who? Never heard of him. But you are right brother, it is sad that organizations and those who love money would stoop to such a low level as this. Very sad indeed. If it makes you feel any better you can keep that one message of mine you have up there free of charge lol.:-)

2016/11/13 9:44

Re:

May the Lord rightly judge all hirelings and merchants of His word.............bro Frank

2016/11/13 12:42
dohzman

Re:

may I add an Amen to your prayer bro Frank

2016/11/13 13:41Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Lawyers.

Shakespeare's character in Henry VI figured getting rid of lawyers would give an opening to anarchy and a power vacuum he could fill and take over as ruler.

In this Ray Stedman context, asserting the civil law (copyrights) is a perfect example of my ongoing contention: the rule of man's law opposes the kingship of Jesus Christ.

No doubt ministries make money merchandising their materials. Some might say that if Paul the apostle had lived in the age of the printing press, he would have sold books of his own. Had he done so, he would not have been the apostle he was called to be.

By that token, Ray Stedman is dead. He is not the one asserting this position. But, we can be sure that the Spirit of God will not compete for men's attention. He has other vessels, living and dead, through whom to speak. Without casting aspersions on Stedman, he was not particularly incisive, insightful nor unique in his teaching. He was proliferate, he was devoted I am sure, but the loss of anointing on the future distribution of his material is not a loss to God nor His kingdom nor His plan.

I pray that those who have enjoyed his teaching will continue to as you seek Christ. But, do consider not financing the world's merchants and lawyers; don't buy a thing with Ray Stedman's name on it. He is with the Lord and doesn't need it anyway.

Flagler Law Group is out of Oregon and they represent Christian publishers. SI would never knowingly or intentionally violate any lawful claims or rights in any material. That Flagler and/or anyone connected with Evangelical Christian Publishers Association would make any demand to remove materials that have been publicly shared for years at no cost to sharers and end users may be lawful, but it certainly spits in the face of the Lord Jesus.

2016/11/13 14:01Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Their website features all the messages for free.

Still, it is bad practice, even among unbelievers to employ a lawyer for such things.

May the Lord forgive them.

2016/11/13 14:20Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I am reminded and thankful for all the godly messages that you have made available on this site over the years; just sorry to hear that they went this way and sadly this could reduce the audience that hears this man's messages.

Mr Stedman was a very good Bible teacher, I have been particularly blessed by his sermon series through the Gospel of John and the Gospel of Mark. Great insight.

As someone else has mentioned, his messages are still freely available through the PBC website.

In Christ,

2016/11/13 15:28Profile

I love your attitude, Greg.

2016/12/8 18:05

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy