SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Sobering Warning...Only a Few Will Heed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Greeting All

I see this issue has many parts and to answer it as one leads to confusion and Division

* Persecution: Is the signs that follow preaching the Gospel as the world cannot handle the truth and light of Jesus Christ. There is preparation for the persecutions so that Saints do not faint under the heat and are equipped. This is where Ephesians instructs us. We are commissioned to preach the good news of the Gospel through out the world and it is how the world reacts to this. If we have persecution rejoice that we are counted worthy that we can drink of the same cup as our brothers and sisters before us or suffered for Christs sake. There is no fear in Persecution when we are kept "in the Shadow of Gods Quiver"

Persecution will come to places where it hasn't been before but its not something that we pray for rather we pray that God strengthens our brothers and sisters and that they find a deeper relationship with our father as that is such a treasure.

I have no doubt that this election has been one of the biggest spiritual fights I have seen in my life time, In Australia I have seen arguments between workers, families and strangers with a real passion from each side. I knew trump would win because of different stuff I studied but no one would listen to me.

Where to from here? Pray and fast for our leaders, prepare to share the gospel to the lost as all spirit filled Christians have done before us. The days of being wishy washy in our walk in Christ is over, the line has been drawn

2016/11/13 15:53Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Todd, I personally think a lot of folks that have been in need of the some of governments help are running scared. I know I have a few friends that when all is well in their world, they were more over on the republican way of thinking, now Trump was elected, they're concerned about loosing their benefits. I don't think anyone that truly is in need of any kind of government help, has anything to worry about if they're truthful about the situation they're in. Are we to depend on God for our provisions, or man? If someone had a job and a new president of the company was announced, and the employees flipped out like some of the people in the streets are now, you would be fired. No folks the sky is not falling, why don't you just trust in God and give the person he allowed to win, a little time, he hasn't even sat down at the desk yet, and some folks are in a panic mode.

2016/11/13 16:05Profile

Re:

Quote:"" * Persecution: Is the signs that follow preaching the Gospel as the world cannot handle the truth and light of Jesus Christ. There is preparation for the persecutions so that Saints do not faint under the heat and are equipped. This is where Ephesians instructs us. We are commissioned to preach the good news of the Gospel through out the world and it is how the world reacts to this. If we have persecution rejoice that we are counted worthy that we can drink of the same cup as our brothers and sisters before us or suffered for Christs sake. There is no fear in Persecution when we are kept "in the Shadow of Gods Quiver"

Persecution will come to places where it hasn't been before but its not something that we pray for rather we pray that God strengthens our brothers and sisters and that they find a deeper relationship with our father as that is such a treasure.

I have no doubt that this election has been one of the biggest spiritual fights I have seen in my life time, In Australia I have seen arguments between workers, families and strangers with a real passion from each side. I knew trump would win because of different stuff I studied but no one would listen to me.

Where to from here? Pray and fast for our leaders, prepare to share the gospel to the lost as all spirit filled Christians have done before us. The days of being wishy washy in our walk in Christ is over, the line has been drawn""

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen Brother! Well said!

2016/11/13 18:22
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

If Trump and Pence were as, say, Billy Graham and David Wilkerson, it would not change one thing about the church in America as opposed to Trump and Pence being Clinton and Kaine or Assad or Ozzy Osbourne.

The nation is not made godly by its leaders. The church is made nothing by the nation's leaders. Nothing, in any direction.

What we have here is nothing new. Trump is not a change, spiritually speaking. In that respect, Obama is Trump. Don't hang your testimony on Pence's. Your momma can't save you, Pence can't change a hair from brown to gray even if he were the genuine sold out to Jesus sort of Christian he is getting credit for being merely over a few words.

The church is still asleep as it was. Electing Trump is not even a slight nod toward repentance. The sins of people here remain. The sins of the church remain. Any sense of relief is not only misplaced, but heaps judgment on us because we should know better. We don't, though. We are doing what we have always done. Trusting men.

It strikes me so oddly that so many who find the churches devoid of true biblical life and faith and have stepped away from the Sunday brick and mortar meetings applaud the election outcome as a real spiritually important event or turn. Discernment quickly fades. It is a head scratcher.

Let me say I am glad Clinton will not be president. I am glad because the vehicle for her was the media. Media is and will keep being the mouthpiece, eyes and ears of the spirit of antichrist as we move forward. So, any development that might possibly shake people to an awareness of it (yes, even and maybe especially Fox News, too) I take as a plus but only a small one.

2016/11/14 7:50Profile
docs

Re:

/Let me say I am glad Clinton will not be president./

Then why are Christians who showed up in record numbers and voted to keep her out of office being denounced so strongly? To many this is a head scratcher also.

Among the Christians I go to church with there's not the slightest bit of belief in them that since they voted to keep Mrs. Clinton out of office that they are therefore trusting in man. They're also not spiritually asleep.

Saying I am glad Mrs. Clinton won't be president but denouncing those who voted to keep her out is a oxymoron - contradictory terms said in conjunction with one another.

2016/11/14 8:15Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

I am not denouncing anyone for their vote. There are practical reasons why someone might prefer either one of them. I think I am in the same boat with many of you that Obamacare has gutted our health insurance while skyrocketing our premium. Hillary Clinton would have exacerbated it; Trump may not do a thing to improve it but he said he would. So, there's that.

It is a trust in man vs. God to believe that Trump is a gift to the church from God. There is zero evidence for it, and any trust in government for anything is idolatry. America, patriotism and "love" for the institutions we have is to love that which opposes Christ. The church is guilty. The church promotes them. The church hosts them (they serve as polling places in elections). David Jeremiah ran a radio ad spot telling Christians to vote or their "voice" would not be heard. That is in flat opposition to the New Testament. The voice of the church is the gospel--not Americanism. It is a mixture of leaven into the loaf. So, yes, the church trusts in man.

The church is spiritually asleep. It loves the world. It does not repent. It does not see its sin. It does not see how deceived it is. They are not asleep because they voted. They voted and trust in government as a repository of anything good because they are asleep.

2016/11/14 8:34Profile

Re:

Well I honestly don't have much of any of this figured out but it is refreshing to know we have such skilled and knowledgeable experts right here on SI that we can turn to:-)

I think its nice to simply rejoice with those who rejoice, every once in a while and not try to figure it all out. Millions of Americans have been praying for God to intervene in their country and now they feel that He has answered their prayer. Praise God, thats awesome...we rejoice with you.

The same could be said for anything they are praying for, whether it be a new job or financial breakthrough or healing in their body or for God to do a new thing in their church fellowship. We rejoice with them when they see answered prayers. We should not lift ourselves up in pride and think of ourselves as some kind of higher sagely entity that can always discern the deep things of the Spirit and know what is "really going on". What a distasteful and ugly spirit that is. A spirit that picks everything apart and speaks out of its own leanness of soul.

If we feel that we always have the mind of God and are a part of an elite group of people who think they are right and everyone else is wrong, let us be careful how we stand. That is nothing more than spiritual pride, spiritual "know-it-all-ism".

Again, I am truly thankful for this thread as the Lord is allowing me to see some of these things in my own life.

2016/11/14 8:46
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I still go back to it being a matter of stewardship. God has placed me in a country where people can actually influence government by voting. The right to vote is something I must steward; i.e. I have to try to hear from God as to what to do with this right to vote.

I do not doubt that some folks truly hear that they should not vote, just as there are those that truly hear they should. Just like some people hear not to invest in 401ks and some hear that they should.

What should not happen is a person in group A telling a person in group B that they are wrong or foolish, particularly in matters of conscience and stewardship.

2016/11/14 9:59Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

bearmaster said:
"Forum you have gotten Donald Trump. You will rejoice with his victory. Yes you have denied Hillary Clinton the presidency. But I am afraid you have lost your right to reign with Jesus in heaven."

Salvation is not dependent on who you vote for.
Brother it is so easy to get sidetracked into legalism. Please remember that Jesus loves every one here on the forum, regardless of who they voted for.

2016/11/14 16:27Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Drifter,
Yes Im agreeing with here.How could that statement have any validity,
I think the views of alot of SI are based on trends rather than prophesy.
Yours Staff

2016/11/14 17:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy