SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Sobering Warning...Only a Few Will Heed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: David

Respectfully the evangelical church has denied Mrs. Clinton the presidency. Only to vote for the greater deception of Donald Trump. Just as the Pharisees said in the day of Jesus we have no King but Caesar. So the evangelicals in this they have said we have no King but Trump.

But then just as Israel rejected God as their King in favor of a natural King. A man if you will. Israel got much grief in the choice they made. So it will be with the evangelical church that has chosen Donald Trump to be their King. The evangelical church will get more grief under Trump than they would have ever had under Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Or maybe I should say it will be the remnant that will get more grief under Trump than the evangelical church. Because the Evangelical church will be involved in the great apostasy that Paul speaks of in Second Thessalonians.

-bbs-

2016/11/12 11:40
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Bear wrote - " The evangelical church will get more grief under Trump than they would have ever had under Hillary Rodham Clinton."

Would you please elaborate or just qualify this statement with facts or even theories as to how you see this as true?

2016/11/12 12:32Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

None of this resets the clock in anything. I don't care whoever the POTUS is, the church is still asleep, the world still arranges itself satanically against Jesus, who is the lone Sovereign. This outcome changes nothing. We are far, far more concerned with it than God is.

2016/11/12 12:50Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The only way that the Church and the nation will be in worse shape with Donald Trump as president is if the Church quits praying and believes that Donald Trump and the Republican party are the answer.

God has sovereignly moved in this election because of the fervent prayers of the saints. Donald Trump will be used by God to literally clean house in our government. The Democratic Party is the party of death having aligned itself with abortion, Planned Parenthood, and a number of other issues that are against the will of God.

The Church will be the determining factor as to what happens in this nation. We have a choice to either agree with God and pray His Will down into the earth or we can fall asleep again and suffer the consequences.

2016/11/12 15:01Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Tim,
I love you bro and have come to respect your walk as it seems to be full of integrity, kindness and love. Also you have been quite articulate in presenting your position on matters of country wether legally, politically or historically,...and I can say they have benefited me.
In this instance however, things are much different from my understanding. That doesn't make me right or you wrong just a different perspective...which we know even the apostles themselves had at times.

For me, God indeed concerns Himself in the affairs of men and while it's the the end of His glory, He nonetheless appoints, annoints, raises up, and makes low not only men but rulers and kingdoms alike. While I totally get your point (and agree) that many are overly focused on the position of power rather than He who gives the power, that (for me) doesn't negate that He does still delegate and relegate positions of power or rule. Using even the evil for good 😊

Also I don't see the world being at war with Jesus, as He already won and overcame it,... rather it seems the world (system) is against His church.
Which brings me to conclude on a point upon which we definitely agree, and that is that she (the church) has been in a slumber for a long while, but I am hopeful that the awakening is at hand. Persecution isn't coming, it's here and has been here but we've been too sleepyheaded to resist it but as we awaken and resist it will increase proportionately.

2016/11/12 15:17Profile
staff

Re:

Hi
All end times positions have upsides and downsides.
This post is the downside of the Post Tribulation view.
It cant tell the good in anything.
Not one poster has put their trust in Donald Trump,not one but it is clear that the post continues to say that.
We recognise that God had his hand clearly in this election thats all,we hope that God can use this Presidency to halt Abortion and we hope and pray that the new Vice President will have a Christian influence on the new President.What is the point in praying about Abortion if when God answers we say its a deception."The persecution gospel"is another gospel it lacks any sense of grace and releys on fear.Their is some truth in it but thats all and I feel that members have invested so much time in it that they wont row back,
Yours Staff

2016/11/12 16:57Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Well I'm for Trump, and not ashamed of it, of course I'm not lead by man either. :-)

2016/11/12 17:25Profile

Re:

quote:"The persecution gospel"is another gospel it lacks any sense of grace and releys on fear.

The scriptures say: 2 Timothy 3: 12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.

If Im reading the above correctly, ALL are going to suffer persecution... IF they desire to live godly in Christ Jesus. If they don't live godly they won't suffer.

(No one can say," thats what the scripture says, but thats not what it means"....yet it does mean what it says)

Anytime we share the gospel, the devil hates it. He will attack on all fronts...relentlessly. He comes to kill, steal, and destroy anything pertaining to Jesus. If we obey Christ, persecution is a given, no matter how big or small. If we compromise and do nothing, there is no threat to the devil.

Denying ourselves and picking up our cross daily to follow Jesus means suffering with Him. If He suffered, we must suffer too.

John 15: 18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you,

‘A servant is not greater than his master.’

If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.

2 Corinthians 12: 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Yes, there is grace through suffering.

2016/11/12 19:33
staff

Re:

Hi Sherri2,
I think ur missing my point.Im not saying that their is no persecution or that their is no grace in suffering.
Im saying that their are times when their is persecution and times when their is not.Clearly no one is saying that their is no persecution.
Also I am saying that we are not called to preach persecution but we can be called to warn of persecution.
Clearly it is better for America that we have a Christian Vice President but this rather great news runs contrary to the narrative of alot of Sermon Index members of persecution behind every rock.Its too good of news for this narrative.
So instead of welcoming the fact of having a VP thats a full on Christian we get the "deception stuff" because they cant even be Joyous about that one clearly positive outcome.
It might upset the persecution narrative.
Hey it may not turn out well 4 years from now but its better than having a President full on for Abortion dont you think?
Yours Staff

2016/11/12 20:22Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Staff I tend to agree with your observations. The verses about not dancing when they played the flute and not mourning when they played a dirge is directly applicable.

In other words, if you are bound to always see the downside, nothing can stop you.

2016/11/12 20:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy