SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Subtle but Greater Deception...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

A Subtle but Greater Deception...

... in order to lead astray, if possible, even the elect...Mark 13:22

Believers in Christ knew where they stood with the political philosophy of Clinton and Obama. We knew we were hated and despised by them. But now that Donald Trump has been elected. I wonder if Satan has pulled a fast one over the church.

Those who prayed and fasted for the election of Donald Trump have gotten their wish. He is now their President. But I wonder at what cost.

Israel wanted a king . They got their wish. But a lot of grief that went with the kings that ruled Israel in the years that fillowed. Was the rejection of God Himself worth the heartache and misery that the Israelites had to endure under the rule of the kings that followed.

American evangelicals have gotten Donald Trump. They have rejected Christ for a materialistic billionaire. What will be the cost that these evangelicals will have to endure. Only time will tell.

Simply my thoughts.

-bbs-

2016/11/9 14:12
docs

Re: A Subtle but Greater Deception...

/They have rejected Christ for a materialistic billionaire./

Nope! They simply preferred one candidate over another and voted their conscience between the two candidates. Many see voting as a important duty entrusted to even Christians. I understand frustrations over the present electoral system and the chooice of candidates but rejecting Christ by having voted seems a bit of a over statement. The reference to Mark 13:22 is out of context here bro.

2016/11/9 14:35Profile

Re: David

Mark 8:15 (NASB)

And He was giving orders to them, saying, “Watch out! Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod.”

Respectfully David my observation stands. American believers have been seduced by the leaven of Herod. Herod represented the political system of his day.

-bbs-

2016/11/9 16:44

Brother, its not about putting trust in man. Its standing for what is right...what is just, and trusting the Lord by faith. President Elect Trump is pro-life, he stands for traditional marriage, he's against child trafficking, etc...Although he has a sinful past, how do we not know if the Lord will use Vice President Elect Pence to share the gospel with him....perhaps giving his life to Jesus? Didn't Jesus die for him too?

Didn't the Apostle Paul say to become all things to all men so that I may win some....without crossing the line into sin? The Lord has given us a reprieve for now. We must take this time allotted to us and use it wisely while sharing the gospel unashamedly. May the Lords will be done in all things. Time is short!

2016/11/9 16:58
docs

Re:

Every Christian I have spoken with that didn't vote for her included the remarks that they know our citizenship is in heaven and that our hope is ultimately in the Lord and His kingdom and not earthly leaders. Voting is not necessarily rejecting Christ or falling to seduction. Evangelicals and Christians are not so naive as to be desiring a king just because they vote. Christians don't give a carte blanche approval to the American political system because they vote. If Christians had stayed home this time look who would be in office. Christians helped restrain the greater evil this time by voting in my opinion. Then there's Pence. I still think this country is due for divine chastisement and must willingly bend and receive the stripes rightflly due it. Lord help us all.

2016/11/9 16:58Profile
docs

Re:

/The Lord has given us a reprieve for now. We must take this time allotted to us and use it wisely while sharing the gospel unashamedly. May the Lords will be done in all things. Time is short!/

Yes. Exactly.

2016/11/9 17:05Profile
Sree

It depends on each believers, how he/she has taken. For example in my case, I am pleased by the victory of Trump. But my trust is not in a man named Trump, it is in God. I wanted him to be president but left it to God who knows what is best for USA.

I know a very Godly brother who supported Trump, but yesterday when I congratulated him for Trump's win, he told me that we should pray for him that he leads America back to its values. So his trust is not in Trump but in God. He does not believe that just by electing Trump everything will be alright. Tomorrow if Trump becomes Pro-abortion and pro-homosexual, this brother will not be disappointed for supporting him because he put his trust in God. So if people have this attitude while praying for Trump's election, then they are safe. Else they are deceived by putting their trust on men.

We cannot generalize saying that people who prayed for him have all reject Christ, that is not a wise Godly statement.

2016/11/9 17:07Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

God is still in control, and it's a very sad day, when God allowed this man to become our new President, and folks start cutting him down before he's even had time to prove himself. It's a good thing our employers, wives, children, family, church, don't sum us up before we ever get to prove ourselves. Unless you have been living under a rock for the past 8 years, you wouldn't know that this country has hit rock bottom, and has no direction to go but up now.

2016/11/9 17:48Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi bearmaster,

You wrote:

Quote:

American evangelicals have gotten Donald Trump. They have rejected Christ for a materialistic billionaire.

I think that you might misunderstand what motivated many Christian voters in the election. It is my thoughts that many people did not vote FOR Donald Trump but AGAINST Hillary Clinton.

Donald Trump won the election last night in a stunning upset. Nearly half of the nation voted for him. Yet, 60% of Americans have an unfavorable view of President-elect Trump.

Statistically, this wouldn't normally make any sense. However, the exit polls indicated some very interesting reasons given by voters as to what influenced their votes.

The top issue indicated by voters in exit polls was the impending appointee to the Supreme Court. In fact, this issue was indicated as a major factor by 70% of voters. The next biggest issue, the economy, was indicated by 52% of voters -- but those numbers were much higher in "rust belt" and upper-midwest states where jobs have been lost to foreign workers over the last decade. In recent polls, voters thought that Trump was slightly better equipped to handle economic issues.

I just wanted to point out that the math seems to indicate that people didn't vote for Trump because they align with or feel some sort of loyalty to him. Rather, it was more the result of "value votes" and/or opposition to the other major candidate or the potential policies.

There were things that Trump said over the last couple of decades that are certainly indefensible and, yes, "deplorable."

However, the press, media and many politicians on the political left also view YOU as part of that "basket of deplorables" mentioned by Hillary Clinton -- not because you might have preferred Trump, but because of your beliefs derived from your faith in Christ Jesus.

It seems that some Americans -- and, yes, Christians -- were disappointed that politicians of people elected by people for people were joining the media in mocking and ridiculing people for holding to beliefs that differ from those in power.

Yes, we must be careful to heed your warning against either rejecting Christ or somehow replacing our Lord with a politician. At the same time, I would also say that we should be careful about assumptions about Christians who might have voted.

Trump is not our salvation.
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life -- and the only way to the Father.

2016/11/9 18:01Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs and all,
This is a reprieve I agree for now.No matter what ur opinion is regarding Trumps sinful behaviour(what do you expect from the unsaved?)the reprieve is for the thousands or millions of the unborn that now have some chance of being born which wouldnt happen under a Clinton government.Thats all this has been about.Its no coincidence that we had Brexit and now Trump.
God is moving.God is not confined by our limitations as he knows the full picture.Sometimes he uses non believers to carry out his wishes.
Yours Staff

2016/11/9 18:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy