Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Charismatic burn out

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Judah: My heart breaks for you brother, but I want to encourage you. We don't serve movements or denominations. We serve a living God who longs to know us intimately and anoint us with His Holy Spirit in power to do the work of His Kingdom on this earth. Your hearts desire is what will drive you to seek Him for who He is and find Him. Draw near to Me, He said, and I will draw near to you.

Don't seek for Him through one movement or another. Seek Him through prayer and the study of His word. Don't approve or discredit any doctrine based upon what one group or another says about it or does with it. Prayerfully seek the truth of His word and ask Him to reveal it to you through the Holy Spirit.

As you do this, I pray you find a place to fellowship where the people have the same heart that you have and long to know Him in Spirit and in truth.

2016/11/10 15:24Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Judah

Your words echo mine. I think you went to the same church I did in 1994 with Rodney. Carpenter's Home? I was there for some 6 weeks and was there when he did the 'Holy Spirit' baptism with the pool on stage.

I am with you on discernment. I have always said that the biggest flaw with the charismatic and pentecostal scene is the serious lack of discernment and I think it stems from a lack of biblical teaching. They want God so bad that if something moves on its own they will call it a move of God. So they are open to deception from the beginning in so many cases.

At the moment I attend a reformed church. One poster said they place too much emphasis on order and choke out the Holy Spirit. I would agree with that to a point. The church should be in order but with reformed churches everything is written down. You just repeat it OR you try to get into it. I struggle with it myself but I go for 2 reasons. The preaching is systematic and usually very good as opposed to charismatic churches. Also, the hymns, though some of them could be better. Some are very boring but I Concentrate on the words and sometimes make it a prayer.

2016/11/10 19:40Profile
SherlockA

Re:

Our church was about to slip into burn out, having turned to all sorts of teaching, seminars, conferences, strategies etc... 13yrs ago. Having acquainted with different denominations and independent churches for possible new teachings have not created a new 'Life' within us - the flocks.

I guess there is a spirit of confusion, doubt, and dryness happening within the Body. Thirteen yrs back, our sr pastor did attend SCI, I think batch 4 or 5 here in Philippines. After that, the rest was history. Most of our elders and even I attended SCI of BH Clendennen 10yrs ago. This is the Message we need in the Body. Thru BH, we were able to know other bro's who have the same Spirit, including SI and able to discern others who are not. Our prayer meetings and gatherings, came alive, humbled, and respect to the fear of the Lord came back. Love and compassion, to the lost and even for the nation have deepened. You will know and feel it especially whenever Sunday services and small bible studies are held.

One of our church ministry/activity was born out of BH Clendennen SCI - Redeeming the Integrity of the Church here in Philippines. Going to the body of Christ and exposing the true condition of the present day church to all denominations and independent churches all throughout the Phils. I hardly believe at first, despite our church attendees - less 500, mostly earning from normal jobs we were able to conduct and minister to entire Phils.

We praise God for BH Clendennen's ministry and partners even to those whose names are not mentioned in their website for support. Now we are doing the same to others. To God be the glory

2017/3/2 0:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy