Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A very important truth.. (:

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

A very important truth.. (:

November 4
The Savior's Serenade
The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee.
Jeremiah 31:3
The word “serenade” usually conjures up the image of a man standing outside a damsel’s window at night, strumming a guitar, crooning out a melody of rapturous love. If that’s what comes to your mind, then you’re right on track with what I want you to see. Allow me now to spiritualize the act of serenading.
Since the beginning of your life, Jesus has been singing you a love song. He’s been serenading outside your window from the very moment of your birth. He made the provision for basic needs like food and clothing to be given to you. He proved His love for your soul by offering Himself as the sacrifice for the greatest need of your life—salvation. What a beautiful song!
He continued His serenade even when He received no response to His love. Perhaps you felt His love at a Christmas cantata, but you refused to yield your heart. Or maybe someone spoke to you about Jesus. They had the love of God in their smile and on their lips, but once again you refused. Still, His serenade continues. All He wants is for you to stick your head out the window and open your heart to respond with reciprocal love. He is waiting for your response to His serenade.
Friend, don’t take that tender song for granted. If you haven’t yet responded to His wooing, beware. There is coming a day when the Savior’s serenade will stop. Right now His song of love and mercy is loud and clear. But one day you’ll wake up and hear nothing. Now is the time to respond.

2 Kings 17; Titus 3;
Hosea 10; Psalms 129–131

2016/11/4 20:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy