SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The "Ravid" Dream

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Popcorn

The "Ravid" Dream

If the Lord leads anyone to comment on the following, I would appreciate it very much:

The Dream:

I was standing in a long line of people - We were all lined up to receive Holy Communion. The next thing I saw was a great number of lines of people moving very quickly, but the place to receive Communion kept changing. There was great confusion and frustration in the lines. As the people would hear of a change of destination, they would rush forward and in all different directions forgetting all manner of order. They no longer cared if another person or entire line had been before them. The people in the other lines would just rush in whatever new direction they heard about, causing the people in the other lines to either catch up or to fall behind. I stayed in the line I started out in.

The line I was in finally reached the destination where Holy Communion was being ministered. It was surprising to see that our destination was located in a diner and that the Communion bread and wine were kept behind the diner counter.

As we approached the diner counter, there was a heavy-set priest sitting off to the side in a booth eating. He was dressed in traditional Catholic priest’s garments and he would fling his arms wide and call loudly and impatiently to all of us to: “Help yourselves - Help yourselves!” Sometimes he would repeat this direction with his mouth full of food. “Help yourselves! Help yourselves!"

Now, the Communion implements were far enough behind the counter that, even with the people reaching and stretching forward, they could not reach the Body and Blood of our Lord, Jesus Christ. It was heartbreaking to watch the people. They had come so far just to receive Communion only to find a priest who had no desire or inclination to serve. That part of the dream ended there.

The next thing I saw was the following:

I was alone in a darkened room standing in a pool of light. Above me, in a darkened balcony, were three misshapen consuming heads. Their mouths were opened wide, consuming and ready to consume. As I observed these consuming heads, I heard a voice say “Ravid.” I woke up and asked the Lord what Ravid meant, but did not receive an answer.

I searched the internet and found the following information on the name Ravid:

The word RAVID is from the Hebrew, meaning NECKLACE or CHAIN. Variant spelling - RABID – RAVEED - RABEED The letters are RESH BEIT YUD DALET. Taken together, and reading from right to left, they spell RAVID.

Each of the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet has a special meaning and a story to tell. Here a few brief ones about the letters in this word:

RESH is the 20th letter of the Hebrew alphabet and has a numerical value of 200. RESH makes a sound like the R in Radiant. RESH means BEGINNING or HEAD. When one spells out the letter RESH in Hebrew, it is RESH YUD SHIN. YUD and SHIN spell YESH - THERE IS. The letter RESH means BEGINNING. So it is possible to say that the RESH literally means THERE IS A BEGINNING.

BEIT is the second letter of the Hebrew alphabet and its numerical value is 2. The meanings of BEIT are HOUSE, HOME, CONTAINER. The BEIT makes a sound like the B in Beautiful.
The Torah begins with the letter BEIT. It was chosen for this honor because it is closed on top, bottom and on the right. It is open on the left, the direction of the text, to teach us to look forward and not backward, in our daily lives.

The YUD is the 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet and has a numerical value of 10. YUD makes a sound like the Y in Year. YUD is a simple point. It is the smallest letter in the alphabet and yet is frequently associated with the very large concept of EMANATION.

DALET is the 4th letter of the alphabet, has a numerical value of 4, means DOOR and makes a sound like the D in Delight. The DALET has the shape of an open door.

Please . . . does anyone understand the RAVID part of this dream?

2005/6/5 22:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: The "Ravid" Dream

Hello Popcorn,

Welcome, hope you check out the site, there is a lot of resources here and a great message for starters: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282] Ten Shekels and a Shirt[/url]

Was discussing something similar to this, regarding dreams, prophecys and the like just a few minutes ago. It seems there is any number of things that our brains are capable of, and sometimes it is just best to contemplate on these things for awhile, reflect on them without attempting to read too much into it all. If it's important enough surely the Lord would bring more to your attention.

2005/6/5 23:58Profile

Hi Popcorn,

I've had a look in Strong's online Hebrew dictionary and it would help, I think, if you could confirm how the word 'Ravid' was sounded out, as the (ra) at the beginning seems to have the pronunciation 'raw' in Hebrew. Is there a reason the Lord would speak to you in Hebrew?

2005/6/6 0:16
Spitfire

Quote:
The word RAVID is from the Hebrew, meaning NECKLACE or CHAIN. Variant spelling - RABID

It's interesting to me that the variant spelling is rabid. Maybe I'm crazy, but the first thing I would have thought of if I heard the word "Ravid" in a dream is "rabid", which means, mad, as in crazy. A rabid person has gone mad from a disease called Rabies, which affects the brain.

2005/6/6 7:46Profile
roadsign

Re: Chaos in God's house

The over all impression I get is that of chaos - clearly a reflection of the spiritual condition within our churches. Man tries to make a tidy appearance, with its carefully controlled rituals, but underneath, from a spiritual perspective there resides all kinds of sin - greed, lack of brotherly love, shepherd who refuse to feed the sheep etc. THis is reflected in the chaos.

The three consuming mouths could represent the forces of evil in the heavenly realms, or the areas of battle grounds of the enemy working against the Church - the mind, the church, and the heavenly places (Eph. 6:10ff) - where hungry forces are always working to consume the Church of Christ.

As far as the word, "ravid", I ask, is that the focus in this dream experience? If so, them perhaps God will make it clear with his Spirit, in his time. One must be careful not to get side tracked by one unclear detail. Like studying scripture, we can get overly occupied with one uncertain detail, while sidetracking the overall, bigger picture. As we see the bigger picture, the details will fall into place. (at least, it has been that way for me)

I am wondering if God is using this dream experience to give you a burden for his Church - to lead you to weep, mourn, anguish over the deceived and lost.
I suggest you listen to this sermon, and see if it bears with your spirit:
A Call to Anguish by David Wilkerson
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3843&commentView

2005/6/6 10:35Profile
Popcorn

Re:

Thank you for the insight of the Holy Spirit, Roadsign. The Lord has, indeed, placed a burden on my heart for His Church. I've been praying for the unity of the Church in Christ Jesus that He prayed we would have. My brothers and sisters in the Lord are very precious to me and I know we will be of one mind in Christ - calling the body of Christ together is my daily prayer.

Thank you, also, for directing me to "A Call To Anguish" by David Wilkerson. I've both listened to it and thanked God for it.

The three consuming heads that I saw represent the unholy trinity - defeated by the Blood of the Lamb before the foundation of the world. They don't worry me. I believe that they are already defeated and that we (the body of Christ) will overcome them by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony.
It's the lambs who don't have good shepherds that I worry about. Those are the ones who are being consumed. It's the unfaithful priests/ministers who are leading the lambs to the slaughter.

2005/6/6 19:18Profile
Popcorn

Re:

Hello, Dorcas:

It's my pleasure to confirm the pronunciation of "Ravid" - it was pronounced just like David, but with an R instead of a D.

I don't know why that word was spoken or why it was spoken in Hebrew - it was not a word I was familiar with so I checked many resources and lexicons and found out that it was a Hebrew word. If the Holy Spirit shows you something else about its origin, please share it with me.

Thanks.

2005/6/6 19:29Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

Okay I found that name Ravid on a website for baby names! It says that the origin is Hebrew and the meaning of Ravid is wanderer. Maybe in your dream it has somthing to do with these people wandering away from the truth. Or maybe more like sheep lead astray. It's funny that you had a dream with a strange word in it because the same thing happen to me a few months ago. I did find the word in the back of my husband's bible, but it was new to me.

2005/6/6 19:40Profile
Popcorn

Re:

Thank you, Crsschk. I've listened to "Ten Shekels And A Shirt and all I can say to it is: AMEN!

I've been reflecting on that dream for a long time. As you can imagine, pastors don't want to hear it.

It took me a long time and a lot of prayer before I even had the confidence of the Lord's permission to post it here. If it's not from the Lord, let every word fall impotent to the ground and let absolutely NO fruit spring up from it. All I can do is what I've done. I've published what the Lord gave to me in a place where others can read it and run with it. If it is truly a message to the Church from Almighty God, then the Holy Spirit will bear witness with your spirit and God, Himself, will lead us to a place of life in Himself through His dear Son, Jesus.

The Lord, God, Omnipotent REIGNETH! Amen.

2005/6/6 19:49Profile
Popcorn

Re:

THANKS, Tinluke! Wanderer! My dear Sister in Christ - everything in me rose up when I read your post. Wanderer! Thank you, Lord!!! Thank you!

Tinluke, you can't imagine how much this means to me - I have tears in my eyes - that's it.

God bless you, dear heart. God bless you.

2005/6/6 19:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy