SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The saints are worn out !

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: The saints are worn out !

Thanking all of you for the encouragement, and to Brother Frank for sharing. We are reminded to keep our armor on always....having done all to stand, stand.

It's when we are weak and wore down that Jesus strengthens us. We need to keep exhorting and encouraging one another all the more as we see the Day approaching..keeping watchful for the purpose of prayer, and.above all, being fervent in our love one for another. Continuing to contend earnestly for the Faith.

2 Corinthians !2: 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Colossians 1:9 For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

2016/11/3 18:02
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

So glad to see and share in the encouragement in this thread.

We need His strength and the strength of walking together.

2016/11/4 12:12Profile

Re: The saints are worn out !

thanks brother Frank...I can always rely on you to strengthen my heart. Whenever you write it resonates deep within me, as if I was writing it, does that make sense? We really need to catch up soon my brother.

But to the article, yes I am feeling it, the wearing down part I mean. I find myself shaking my head in silence more and more as I watch and listen to what is going on around me in the world but also in Christendom. Its as if the whole world has lost its mind lol.

But with that said I am more convinced of my Saviors saving power and grace to keep me and my loved ones, than I have ever hoped before.

Though all around be sinking sand, on Christ the solid Rock we stand!!!

2016/11/4 12:21
docs

Re: A final eschatological persecutor

19 “Then I desired to know the exact meaning of the fourth beast, which was different from all the others, exceedingly dreadful, with its teeth of iron and its claws of bronze, and which devoured, crushed and trampled down the remainder with its feet,

20 and the meaning of the ten horns that were on its head and the other horn which came up, and before which three of them fell, namely, that horn which had eyes and a mouth uttering great boasts and which was larger in appearance than its associates.

21 I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them

22 until the Ancient of Days came and judgment was passed in favor of the saints of the Highest One, and the time arrived when the saints took possession of the kingdom.

23 “Thus he said: ‘The fourth beast will be a fourth kingdom on the earth, which will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth and tread it down and crush it.

24 As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings will arise; and another will arise after them, and he will be different from the previous ones and will subdue three kings.

25 He will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law; and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.

26 But the court will sit for judgment, and his dominion will be taken away, annihilated and destroyed forever.

27 Then the sovereignty, the dominion and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him.’

28 “At this point the revelation ended. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts were greatly alarming me and my face grew pale, but I kept the matter to myself.” (Daniel 7:19-28)

It was common in Jewish eschatology even in Jesus' day to believe that a final eschatological persecutor would rise against the Jewish people causing a time of great trouble and distress before the coming of the Messiah. It was known as the footsteps of the Messiah - before the Messiah's coming there would be a time of great trouble (Daniel 12:2 - Matt 24:21). In the movie "Fiddler on the Roof" the persecutors have coming to tell the Jewish people that they are being expelled from the territory and must therefore begin to leave. The Jewish fellow who is the star of the movie asks, "Is it the time?" His question was founded on the Jewish belief that there would be a time of great trouble and he was asking if that time had begun.

In its full context, the persecutor of Daniel 7:25, the one who wears out the saints, is the final eschatological persecutor who will vent unholy wrath against the Jewish people and against the church of God who bear the testimony of Jesus.

"And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ"(Rev 11:17). It is HE who is granted to make war with the saints and overcome them (Rev 13:7). It's the final eschatological Antichrist Paul speaks of in II Thess 2:1-10 which is also the willful king of Daniel 11:36 who makes himself above every god or object of worship (Daniel 11:36 - II Thess 2:4). The Day of the Lord (the second coming of Christ) will not occur before this man of sin is revealed (II Thess 2:3).

Somehow in the providence of the sovereign God, this "he" will be allowed to embark on a brief but fierce career. The time, times, and half a time of Daniel 7:25 (also Daniel 7:7) corresponds to the forty two months (three and a half years) of Rev 11:2 when the willful king has control of Jerusalem and it is trampled underfoot. The two witnesses of God will prophesy against the kingdom of the beast during this time and will prophesy against if for 1,260 days (times, times, and half a time - three and a half years - fory two months - 1,260 days).

The beginnings of persecution today will pale in comparison to what is going to be unleased in the final days against the Jewish people and the church of God who bear the testimony of Jesus. If the footmen (mild, shallow persecution so far for the church in America and changing times) have wearied us and worn us out what will we do when the horsemen arrive?

/These are the days where it is vital that we find our strength in Jesus. We must press into Him, we must abide under the shadow of the almighty. It is time to be unashamed of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus./

/Let us continue to stand upon the solid Rock of Jesus. Let His Truth be the light that shines from our inward man to a dark and dying world. Do not be afraid brothers and sisters of the terrors of the night nor the arrows that fly by day. For we shall call upon the Lord and He will answer us. We shall be more than conquerors in Christ Jesus for the Lord is our hiding place, we continually abide in Him and in Him there is no darkness. Let your light so shine before men and be fierce advocates of the Truth no matter what......bro Frank/

Yes and Amen!

26 But the court will sit for judgment, and his (the final AC persecutor) dominion will be taken away, annihilated and destroyed forever.

27 Then the sovereignty, the dominion and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him.’ (Daniel 7:26-27)

2016/11/5 9:54Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Every believer should memorize and
pray Psalm 91 on a regular basis.

1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

2016/11/5 11:15Profile

Re:

As the days grow darker...
...expect to be worn down.
...expect to grow weary.
...expect to not be able to "run with the horses".
...expect to be overcome.

There is no shame in any of this because this is what scripture tells us will happen to the true followers of Jesus Christ.

But these are only physical things, they will only be overcome on a physical level and only have their lives cut short or deprived here on earth.

Again, nothing to be ashamed of or to fear. It is those who continue to live by faith in the Son of God who will never truly be overcome. Though they take away our liberties and our earthly goods and destroy our earthly temple, they will never harm or destroy the Treasure within.

For greater is He within you than he who is in the world.

2016/11/5 11:48
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Awakened, good word and one to take courage in. True, true.

2016/11/5 14:10Profile

Re:

Amen Brother Mike! Psalm 91 is very encouraging.
Another passage that is so helpful today is

Isaiah 40:28 Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

2016/11/5 14:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy