Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Hate

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
savannah

Hate

“If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple." - Jesus words recorded in Luke 14:26.

Do you hate your own life?

If yes, what does it look like...and do others notice.

2016/11/2 14:51Profile

Re: Hate

I understand "hate my own life" as prefering God and not prefering my life. I.e. what He wants me to do is more important than what I want. There was a time when I literally hated my life, that was just before my conversion. My life was a life of sin and I hated that sin and that life. I do not hate the life that is in Christ, but still hate sin. Example: when somebody blames me of something I did not do, there are times when I do not fight for justice for me, but rather let the other think that I did that thing. Knowing that my Father knows me and sees me, I stop myself from fighting and aim for peace. I think peace sometimes is more important than how people see me. This is not always the case, sometimes God wants me to tell the other the truth even if I am afraid and reluctant to tell it.

2016/11/2 15:18
savannah

Re: John 12:25

He who loves his life will lose it. He who hates his life in this world will keep it to eternal life.

2016/11/2 19:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy