SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What are we to do as Believers in Christ under the Presidency of Hillary Rodham Clinton?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

What are we to do as Believers in Christ under the Presidency of Hillary Rodham Clinton?

By my calculations the Presidential election is about 17 days away. Though I claim no prophetic insight as to how this election will turn out. I can only give an observation as to how I think it might turn out. And if we all be honest. The election will go to Hillary Rodham Clinton. Understanding that God is certainly Sovereign and the election could go to Trump. But if we look at either candidate none of them are desirable to the believer in Christ.

It has been observed that the presidential election is no doubt God's judgment upon America. For this I would agree.

But right now understanding that things can certainly change. It appears that Hillary Rodham Clinton will get the election. The question for us as believers in Christ. What are we to do???

Curious as to what thoughts are going through the minds of the forum.

-bbs-

2016/10/22 16:47
TMK

NC, USA

Re: What are we to do as Believers in Christ under the Presidency of Hillary Rodham C

I guess the same thing we did under Obama. I see no practical difference between them.

I don't get the connection that this election is Gods judgment on America. Why this election and not the past 10 or 15?

2016/10/22 20:54Profile
savannah

Re:

"I guess the same thing we did under Obama. I see no practical difference between them."

By "the same thing..." do you mean indulge in the entertainment of the world? Feast upon Hollywood? Have a non-chalant spirit?

Or, should we humble ourselves, pray, and turn from our wicked ways, and live in such a manner that it is evident that we are pilgrims in this world, and we are looking forward to that place He has prepared for those who love Him!

Have you grown comfortably numb?

"A man's life does not consist in the things which he possesses."

It may be that you belong to the church of Laodicea, and the contagion has spread to you!

Awake out of your slumber!

Repent...and do the first works!

Remember when you were first converted...and then...

Remember Lot's wife!

2016/10/23 5:13Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

His point is correct. Clinton is Obama is Clinton. If we are to repent, HRC as POTUS only changes the name of the President. She doesn't represent a change in the American reality other than that we are closing in rapidly on the time of the end. Trump would do as much.

2016/10/23 9:41Profile

Re:

deleted

2016/10/23 10:31
Sree

Re:

Quote:

By "the same thing..." do you mean indulge in the entertainment of the world? Feast upon Hollywood? Have a non-chalant spirit?

Or, should we humble ourselves, pray, and turn from our wicked ways, and live in such a manner that it is evident that we are pilgrims in this world, and we are looking forward to that place He has prepared for those who love Him!

By 'We' if you meant Americans, then you are believing that God somehow has some special place for America and he treats it like Israel and wants entire America to repent. I believe the preachers who preach that America should repent are entirely wrong. There is not a single new covenant verse that is pointing to a City or Country, calling it to Repent. But there are plenty of verses asking the Church to repent. Asking individual believers to repent.

I agree with the poster who said that we should do the same thing that we did under previous presidency. Pray that God will give us freedom to Worship him in this nation. If we have that Freedom then it is good enough.

I am so respectful to America for all the missionary work it has done. For its Godly origin. But I do not believe America or Americans are God's chosen people. In New Covenant, God chooses believers out of nations to be a Heavenly kingdom to himself which is Church.

2016/10/23 23:52Profile
savannah

Re: "We" the people

By "We", I mean the people who profess His Name!

There is no race of people, nor country which God favors.

There's only one who may claim to be "one nation
under God." And it is neither America or Israel!

It is those Peter wrote of in 1 Peter 2:9,

"But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."

2016/10/24 6:31Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: What are we to do as Believers in Christ under the Presidency of Hillary Rodham C

Exod 2:23 And it came to pass in process of time, that the king of Egypt died: and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage.
24 And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.

I may be wrong but I think the majority of Christians are not crying out to the Lord for help, they've put their hope in the voting booth. And Trump is their savior for America.

God could have delivered the Israelite's 300 years into their captivity but it took 400 years for all of Israel to sigh in their bondage.

God help us all in the coming years. That we would lead by example, that's just my take, I know there are many other Godly opinions out there.

The Lord used to say years ago, "Stay close by, you've never been this way before." That is MORE true today than it's ever been.

God bless,
Lisa

2016/10/24 9:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Quote: "It has been observed that the presidential election is no doubt God's judgment upon America. For this I would agree."

Why? Bear need not be the one to answer.

2016/10/24 9:46Profile

Re: Todd

Bro don't have time to answer now. Lord willing, or respond to your question when I have time to put out a thoughtful answer.

In the meantime I invite others to respond to Todd's question.

-bbs-

2016/10/24 9:50

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy