SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do you believe the End Times are near?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Do you believe the End Times are near?

Do you believe the End Times are near?
if so,why?
&
IF NOT,why?

opinions please.

Have a Wonderful in Christ and God Bless,

GM_

2005/6/4 18:03

Re: Do you believe the End Times are near?

I believe we are in the end times because all the technology is in place, China has an army of over 200 million foot soldiers, and a vast majority of so called christian churches are in apostacy.
When Israel and the Arabs sign a peace treaty, the clock of the 7 year period of tribulation will begin ticking. That is within reach also.

2005/6/4 19:55
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

I also believe we are nearer than ever before, especially for Israel, so close to having a peace treaty.

2005/6/4 20:33Profile
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Yes the end times are very near. We are in them. But I suppose you mean is the great tribulation near. And the answer is yes, I believe it is very near, though I cannot set a date.

I don't believe that Americans want to see it though. They are fat, lazy, and backslidden for the most part. Thank God for His remnant!

I am a bit put back at the response to a few things I have tried to make innocent discussion about here. The open suspension of the bill of rights that were designed to protect Christianity in America for the sake of "terrorism", surveillance cameras everywhere I go in public, a national ID card, implanted chips that Americans are beginning to receive (I can point you to major news stories), mandatory finger printing for business transactions and travel, even the self-scanners at the supermarket are training us for a cashless society.

These are all under a Republican controlled House, Senate, and Presidency! Our so-called conservative Christian leaders are selling us down the river and we are acting like dumb sheep.

When I asked to the truth or falsehood of our president worshipping Molech at the Bohemian Grove where some evidence has popped up that he belongs, I am shunned and warned by this forum not to continue along that strain. (Which I will honor, Mr. Moderator ;-) )

The point is that I really don't think Americans could take knowing the truth about where our one-world leaders are taking us. At least they don't want to even consider it though the signs are all around them. WE ARE SHEEP! And we are sure acting like it. But whose sheep are we? Are we Jesus' sheep (trusting Him)? Or are we America's sheep (trusting the Republican party and the like)? I hope we are the former.

There will be a one world government. There will be an antichrist who is the son of perdition. And God will overthrow Satan and the antichrist with the breath of His mouth. God's people will be watched over by Him during this terrible time ahead.

We should all weep for the sleeping church, for it will be worst for them. :cry:

May God help us all,

RT

2005/6/4 20:38Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I believe they are nearer than they were
yesterday. :-P

But only my father knows for sure, so I will let him worry about that, and I will not concern myself with it and just try and go on living for him until he rescues me someday. :-)

2005/6/4 20:39Profile
dohzman

Re:

concise and to the point------i love it!!!!!!!!

2005/6/4 20:57Profile
Mattie

Re:

All would agree that whatever Jesus preached is of great importance. Therefore, if much of His preaching dealt a coming kingdom and the shaking of the last days, we are not to be ignorant of it. I agree that the times and seasons the Father knows only. Yet we are to be watchful for what Christ chooses to reveal as the days grow closer and closer to His coming. The men of Isaachar were men who knew the times they were in. The church is called to be such a people. We are a prophetic people who must know the times we're living in because there a message of Christ's kingdom to this present day that needs to be spoken forth.

Take for example the Old Testament prophets. Their calling was to preach a message of a coming Savior in light of the days they were living in. They preached it almost in such a way (even though hundreds of years before Christ's birth) as though it would happen any moment. We are to live the same way as a New Testament people awaiting His second coming. Peter tells us the "end of all things is near, therefore be watchful and pray" We are not to be ignorant of the things that unfold in the coming days. With our sacrifice to the Lord comes the willingness to be still and know what He is saying.

2005/6/4 21:21Profile

Re:

MrBillPro,

aha-ha!. I like how you put things.:lol:
your statement is so true. :-)

Dear Everyone:
I have researched on many thing in my life. 1 thing that I have researched on was,

Matthew Chapter 24. And different other Chapters and verse that lead to the Lords Return.

watch this:
=============

The Ten Largest Earthquakes Since 1900

1.Location Chile- Date- May 22, 1960, Magnitude 9.5

2.Location- Prince William Sound, Alaska, Date- March 28, 1964,Magnitude- 9.2 Andreanof Islands,

3.Location- Aleutian Islands, Date- March 9, 1957, Magnitude- 9.1

4.Location- Kamchatka, Date- Nov. 4, 1952, Magnitude- 9.0

5.Location- Off western coast of Sumatra, Indonesia, Date-Dec. 26, 2004 Magnitude- 9.0

6.Location- Off the coast of Ecuador, Date- Jan. 31, 1906, Magnitude 8.8

7.Location- Rat Islands, Aleutian Islands, Date- Feb. 4, 1965 Magnitude- 8.7

8.Location-India-China border, Date- Aug. 15, 1950 Magnitude- 8.6

9.Location- Kamchatka , Date- Feb. 3, 1923, Magnitude- 8.5

10.Location - Banda Sea, Indonesia, Date Feb. 1, 1938 Magnitude- 8.7
Comtinuing..........
Please Read the Scriptures Above- famines ( Hunger).

Protein-energy malnutrition (PEM) is by far the most lethal form of malnutrition/hunger and the one referred to when world hunger is referred to. Approximately 850 million people worldwide are malnourished. Children are the most visible victims of malnutrition. Malnutrition plays a role in at least half of the 10.9 million child deaths each year--five million deaths
----------------------------------------

Famines- (Hunger). Congress of Racial Equality national chairman Roy Innis shares that vision. But he also knows the obstacles. "Over 70% of Africans are employed in farming full time," he points out. "Yet, half of those countries rely on emergency food aid. Within ten years, Africa will be home to three-fourths of the world's hungry people."

Africa- Many of the continent's farmers are women who labor sunup to sundown on 3 to 5 acre plats. They rarely have enough crops to feed their own families, much less sell for extra money. Millions live on less than a dollar a day.
--------------------------------------------------
Pestilence: Black Death Pleague CAUSED BY.....
Where: Western Europe When: 1347-51 This plague, thought to be the Bubonic plague, spread throughout Europe, killing about half the continent's population. It was called the Black Death because of the black blotches that appeared on the victims' bodies. This plague was carried by infected fleas on black rats.
-------------------------------------------

Pestilence- Released: August 1, 2001 -- MANHATTAN, Kan. - Everyone knows that Kansas grows some of the best food in the world. Just ask the bugs. False chinch bugs and garden web worms are showing up in Kansas crops in unusually high numbers in some cases, and could cut yields, said Kansas State University entomologist Leroy Brooks.
----------------------------------------

PESTILENCE: COFFEE BERRY BORER -
The pest is a tiny black beetle less than 1/10 inch long which lives together with its equally tiny grubs inside coffee berries, (Figure 24).
Damage: Attacked berries become black, dry up, and finally fall to the ground. Small bore holes can be seen near the tip of the berry; if the berry is cut open the tiny grubs and adults can be found inside.
---------------------------------------

Wars- "Now that extremists are willing to use weapons of mass destruction, they have crossed the threshold that experts have watched with dread for two decades," says Bruce Nelan in the April 3, 1995 edition of Time.
World War I (1914-1918)
The Holocaust (1933-1945)
Korean War- 19/50-19/53.
World War II (1939-1945)
Vietnam War (1950-1975)
The Persian Gulf War
(Jan. 16, 1991-April 6, 1991)

Deployment: More than 300,000 coalition troops deployed to the Gulf region: about 255,000 U.S., 45,000 British, 2,000 Australian, and 200 Polish troops (60 of whom served as combat soldiers).

Post-conflict peace-keeping forces: About 130,000 U.S. and 11,000 British troops were stationed in Iraq following official end of hostilities, May 1. Forces in Iraq, May 2004: U.S. 110,000, Britain 8,220, Italy 2,950, Poland 2,500, Ukraine 1,650, Netherlands 1,300.

In addition, 20 other countries have each contributed troops of less than 1,000.

Coalition names for Operation Iraqi Freedom: UK, Operation Telic; Australia, Operation Falconer. Central Command, U.S. Forces (CENTCOM): Theater headquarters: Qatar.

Troops stationed in Bahrain, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Diego Garcia, the Mediterranean, Arabian Sea, and Persian Gulf. U.S. casualties: Deaths March 20-May 1 (official end of hostilities): combat, 115; noncombat, 23; total, 138.

Deaths March 20, 2003-March 8, 2005: combat, 1,149; noncombat, 360; total, 1,509. U.S. soldiers wounded in action: about 9,000 (Dec. 2004) American POWs: 8 (6 captured on March 23 in Nasiriya; 2 pilots shot down on March 24 near Karbala). All were rescued.

Coalition casualties: Britain, 86; Italy, 20; Ukraine, 18; Poland, 17; Spain, 11; Bulgaria, 8; Slovakia, 3; Thailand, 2; Estonia, 2; The Netherlands, 2; Denmark, El Salvador, Hungary, Kazakhstan, and Latvia, 1 each (March 8, 2005). U.S. cost of stationing troops in Iraq: $4 billion per month1 Iraqi civilian deaths: circa 11,797-13,806 (Sept. 12, 2004)2

Fact Sheet: Iraqi War
Length of official combat operation, Operation Iraqi Freedom: March 20-May 1, 2003.
Deployment: More than 300,000 coalition troops deployed to the Gulf region: about 255,000 U.S., 45,000 British, 2,000 Australian, and 200 Polish troops (60 of whom served as combat soldiers).

Post-conflict peace-keeping forces: About 130,000 U.S. and 11,000 British troops were stationed in Iraq following official end of hostilities, May 1. Forces in Iraq, May 2004: U.S. 110,000, Britain 8,220, Italy 2,950, Poland 2,500, Ukraine 1,650, Netherlands 1,300. In addition, 20 other countries have each contributed troops of less than 1,000.

Post-conflict peace-keeping forces: About 130,000 U.S. and 11,000 British troops were stationed in Iraq following official end of hostilities, May 1. Forces in Iraq, May 2004: U.S. 110,000, Britain 8,220, Italy 2,950, Poland 2,500, Ukraine 1,650, Netherlands 1,300. In addition, 20 other countries have each contributed troops of less than 1,000.
U.S. casualties: Deaths March 20-May 1 (official end of hostilities): combat, 115; noncombat, 23; total, 138. Deaths March 20, 2003-March 8, 2005: combat, 1,149; noncombat, 360; total, 1,509.
U.S. soldiers wounded in action: about 9,000 (Dec. 2004)

U.S. soldiers wounded in action: about 9,000 (Dec. 2004)
American POWs: 8 (6 captured on March 23 in Nasiriya; 2 pilots shot down on March 24 near Karbala). All were rescued.

Coalition casualties: Britain, 86; Italy, 20; Ukraine, 18; Poland, 17; Spain, 11; Bulgaria, 8; Slovakia, 3; Thailand, 2; Estonia, 2; The Netherlands, 2; Denmark, El Salvador, Hungary, Kazakhstan, and Latvia, 1 each (March 8, 2005). U.S. cost of stationing troops in Iraq: $4 billion per month1 Iraqi civilian deaths: circa 11,797-13,806 (Sept. 12, 2004)2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And one more interesting Fact.

The Present Threat
In a span of less than 15 years, the United States alone has been stricken by a wave of new infections. Toxic shock syndrome, Legionnaires disease, AIDS, Lyme disease and hanta virus have emerged from obscurity to become household names. Infectious disease experts fear an escalation of new and possibly more deadly epidemics in the future. Indeed, some candidates already loom on the distant horizons, isolated in tiny geographical pockets. Why this sudden explosion of pestilence?

This gives me GREAT RELIEF AND BELIEF in Knowing that the end is indeed near.

Long Read, but Well worth it.:-)

God Bless Each of you in Christ,
GM_

2005/6/4 22:46
Spitfire

As I was reading through this thread, I was thinking about how many times in my life I have heard this question asked. Is the End near? I suppose I don't really get the point of it. Our life is a vapor. Of course, the end is near. Shouldn't we all be living with this at the forefront of our minds: That everyday we live, we are moving towards our own end, and when that "day" comes, we have an appointment with a Holy God to whom we must give an account of our lives.

This is what is consuming me more and more. Why don't people think about eternity? My brother was here visiting my home on Friday evening (he doesn't come by very often). He talked about winning the lottery. He asked me if I had bought a ticket. He said the payoff this week is 180 million dollars. I told him I've only bought one ticket since the lottery started about a year ago. I told him I would be afraid to win 180 million dollars. He said, Why?!!! I told him because I would feel responsible to God for what I would do with it and I would be afraid of my own self. Anyway, this brought on a whole conversation about money and materialism. He said he just wanted enough money to be able to do anything he wanted to and not have to work. I asked him if he ever thought about eternity and he said, "never". Do you suppose that's really true? How can someone live in this world and not be keenly aware of the fleetingness of life and the vanity of it all? This is all I think about. Love, Dian.

2005/6/5 7:09Profile

Re: excellent comments....

Dian,
I believe the Lord really used you to bring all of this to a clear focus.
I'm told that approximately 100,000 souls leave this planet every day. Most leave without a Savior.
Esther Burr, daughter to Jonathon Edwards said, "Make it the business of life, to prepare for Heaven". Amen.
Nobody has a promise on tommorrow. Is prophecy about the end times important? Of course it is, but not to someone who will die today. No man has a promise on tommorrow. All we have is today. Had not we better live it to Glorify the Son and bring pleasure to our Father?
Yes, we are to occupy until He comes. Our occupying had better be following the leading of the Holy Spirit moment by moment. It's time to put down foolish things and snares. It's time to let the Holy Spirit search our hearts for "other loves" and "passions"....other than the Only One Who deserves our love. It's time to let His Fire purify our lives. Now remember, for the "fire to fall" there has to be a sacrafice on the altar. If you want the fire, what will you place on the altar for God to consume with that fire?

I'm not talking about justification here; I'm talking about worship. God is looking for worshippers. Will He find one you you or I? I hope so. If you have any doubts, you had better run to Him in the secret place and stay there until the fire falls. Plunge your life into intimacy with God....while there is yet another hour to do so. Get swallowed (immersed, baptized, consumed) up in Christ Jesus.

Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Love your precious neighbor as yourself. Jesus gave His life for your neighbor, and He expects you and I to do the same. Who is your neighbor? Read the parable of the Good Samaritan. Pay close attention to the religious leaders who passed by their own brethren.....hello? Then read Matthew 25:31-46. and ask yourself again, "am I really loving my neighbor"? From studying these passages, you get more than an impression that these issues are very important to God. Are they important to you? What is important to you right at this moment. What has been on your mind? The things or God........or "other things". What are your concerns and "plans" about tommorrow? Is God and your neighbor in the "big picture", or is it all about you?
Somebody is going to experience the "end of the end times" today. It may be you or I. Are you ready to stand before God all alone without any excuses? Excuses won't work when we see Him face to face, beloved. Are you really serious about your "love" for God? Or is your christianity just enough to ease your concience? Do you live your life in passionate intimate service and worship to God or do you live it just to barely avoid wrong doing and nothing more? If today is your last day, would you say your heart is right before God by faith in Jesus Christ and Him crucified? Or do you have doubts? Doubts are dispelled in His presence. Run to Him. Run to Him. He's at home, looking out the window. He has a robe in one hand, and a ring in the other. He's waiting just for you..............

2005/6/5 7:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy