SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I want to be a top poster!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
modivarch

I want to be a top poster!

So does being on the top posters list garnish you spiritual favour?

2005/6/4 8:47Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: I want to be a top poster!

Not anymore than revealing what brings forth such snide comments... Your point being?

2005/6/4 9:18Profile
Spitfire

Hi Modicarch. Being a top poster has only to do with the number of times you have posted. Get busy. ;-)

2005/6/4 9:30Profile
modivarch

Why don't you tell me what the point is of post counting and star rankings on this website?

2005/6/4 10:12Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Quote:

modivarch wrote:
So does being on the top posters list garnish you spiritual favour?

Probably about as much as being on the bottom. :-P

2005/6/4 10:14Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Posting,has never phased me in any way, shape or form, the persons that post the most, keep this place alive and from what I've seen,the heavy posters, 97% of the time have something of substance,or wit to say, your at 12 hang around here and become a person of wit. :-?

2005/6/4 10:28Profile
modivarch

Re:

Wit or theological elitism? The wit tends to be more of a, "you don't have as many posts as I do so your insight doesn't count."

2005/6/4 10:32Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

modivarch wrote:
Wit or theological elitism? The wit tends to be more of a, "you don't have as many posts as I do so your insight doesn't count."

OK sorry, maybe someone will come along that has more insight, I am just here to interject humor that is my job here at sermon-index if you like to laugh I will be glad to entertain you if your looking for trouble well I will have to call on Jesus Christ our local Sheriff and he will assist you. :-P

2005/6/4 10:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Reading too much into things

Quote:

Certainly you are making a lot of assumptions here. This site has been up for I believe a little over two years now and to the "intent" of having that little box with post counts, frankly, there is no intent to which you are making these ridiculous assumptions about, it's just a simple counter... It likely was part of the template used in designing the site and if anything it might show longevity, but 'elitism'? Are you kidding? And,
Quote:
The wit tends to be more of a, "you don't have as many posts as I do so your insight doesn't count."

That's absurd, there is so much here poured out from all walks of this life of faith, so many share the innermost secrets of their hearts, new, old (members), young, old,(aged), different cultures and countries... Some who have walked with the Lord many more miles and some just getting started and everything in between. We have shared and grieved and prayed with one another, poured out our experiences and shared testimonies, encouraged and exhorted, wrestle with the text of scripture as it more so wrestles with us... all this and more to be of some help to each other in growing in the knowledge of [i]Him[/i]...

Peruse the site brother, dig into it, there is just a vast resource here in so many forms, from the messages to the articles, to the sharing amongst brethren, the vast majority just want to know the Lord in all that that entails, in truth and honesty, in love and compassion, though we fail often to do so, much can be misunderstood in these things that are discussed here in this forum and the need for much patience and forberance... But this premise you are making... very grievous and unnecessary...

Mat 26:55 In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me.

2005/6/4 11:04Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Old related thread

Here's a real old thread in this regards:[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=327&forum=35&start=20&viewmode=flat&order=1]I'm Outa Here![/url]

It's part of the software, and also as was mentioned, a little poke at oursleves ...

Again, as a help here, the 'search' function on the top of the home page is very helpful in looking through past history, besides all the nuggets you find along the way...

Perhaps I missed the intent of your conerns here and [i]jumped[/i] to conclusions, but the way you framed this...

2005/6/4 11:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy