SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can God give what He does not have?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Mark wrote: "I will go to my grave believing that...".

That is so funny! :) Why will you go to the grave? Could it be that it is God's decree on all men because of sin??

2016/10/16 16:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The issue I suppose is whether God's turning the earth over to Satan at the fall, and the resulting sickness and death, means that all sickness and death is from God.

I think there is a separation. There was no sickness and death in Eden before the Fall. That was God's will and intention.

When the Fall happened, God needed an enforcer of its effects, which is where satan comes in. There is little doubt that God has use of a devil; otherwise he would not still be around.

That is not to say that God is therefore the author of sickness and death.

In passages which suggest God is visiting sickness and death on someone, it can also be interpreted that he is letting the devil do his (the devil's) work.

Jesus interrupted this work. Since Jesus is the exact representation of the Father, then the Father also wanted the work of sickness and death interrupted.

I think it must always be our default position that sickness and death- in particular premature death- is the work of the devil and must therefore be combatted.

Then, we can pray strong faith-filled prayers rather than the mamby-pamby mealy-mouthed faithless sorts of prayers that Mark references (e.g., "please heal so and so but only if You really feel like it and only if it is your will because if so and so isn't healed then I can simply blame it on You and not my lack of faith.").

2016/10/16 17:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Fletcher wrote: "Why is it that we can't/don't give the lame (any diseased person) or lost person what Peter did?"

Apparently because we don't have what Peter had.

2016/10/17 12:47Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Ha!
And that my dear brother is the problem:/

2016/10/17 13:45Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Or.......we have it...but don't use it...?

2016/10/17 13:48Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Touché bother William-

Tho if that be the case, why would one not use it?

2016/10/17 13:57Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Or we have it and don't know how, or we have it and for some reason we are disqualified.

I say this latter part with some trepidation because some of the most amazing things I have seen were done by Christians who were "rough around the edges" for lack of a better term. But they loved the Lord and loved people and were bold in faith. If personal holiness is a disqualifier it did not disqualify them.

2016/10/17 13:59Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Todd

Yes and I've witnessed the same-

Could it be.... belief?
Perhaps they (the rough round the edges as well as Peter) didn't get entangled in theological arguments and spent themselves on Christ instead, not being concerned with much other than Him being glorified/magnified ?

2016/10/17 14:25Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

No condemnation intended,brothers...in case you're wondering 🙂

I have used the Name of Jesus and faith in that Name on occasion and have seen some wonderful things, especially in my earlier years. That is what Peter said they had: the Name and faith in that Name.

As one pastor said when someone told him God never used them to heal anyone: " How many people have you prayed for?"

Although I believe the Lord may gift certain individuals with specific gifts and anointings for healings and miracles etc. I also think many believers are not taught the authority they have in Jesus Name and never activate their faith.

We're going into other waters than the OP I know......

2016/10/17 14:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: I also think many believers are not taught the authority they have in Jesus Name and never activate their faith.

I agree 100%.

As far as the "other waters" go - let them lead where they may!

2016/10/17 15:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy