Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A strong tower

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A strong tower

Psalm 32:7King James Version (KJV)

7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Proverbs 18:10King James Version (KJV)

10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

1 Peter 2:13, 18 King James Version (KJV)

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.

I used to think before that when I try to obey 1 Peter 2 and dont remove myself from under the bullies (mostly verbal bullies, who yell at you and put you down) I would be damaged and sick in my spirit soul and body.

But just recently I discovered that I can have protection, even blessing, but there is a condition, I mean besides trusting and believing that the Lord will protect me. That is that I have to walk righteously. psalm 32 before it mentions the hiding place, talks about our sins being forgiven, the proverb talks about the righteous, who runs to the tower, and peter talks about purifying ourselves., clean our lives from all unrighteousness.
When our intentions are clean we can stand before that bully without fear we bend like the tree in the great windstorm but not break and after the storm is gone we can stand straight and without damage, because the Lord keeps us. (Our body might be broken but not our spirit)
I am not talking about becoming righteous when we became christians, but daily righteousness for that we need God's grace daily. Our job is to want to be righteous and follow the Lord, but hey, He is the one who even works the willing in us. Let's present ourselves to Him as living sacrifices.
Editd to add: Thank you Father that you gave your Son as a sacrifice for our sins and that his blood washes us daily and enables us to walk righteously.

2016/10/6 14:47

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy