Discussion Forum : General Topics : Contacting Stephen Kaung

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Contacting Stephen Kaung

Hi there guys,

It's Michael again. Been a long time. I have a question and maybe you guys can help me.

Is there a way to get in touch with Stephen Kaung. From what I understand, he is still alive - and maybe 100 years-old. The reason why I want to contact him is because I was part of a church that was established by Watchman Nee about 6 years ago. Although, more like Witness Lee to be exact. I did leave this church because I did sense something was off. Although the Orthodoxy is tremendous, the Orthopraxy is problematic. I want to ask Stephen about the history of the Local Churches and his relationship with Witness Lee. I've recently encountered brothers from the Local Church again and I have had great fellowship with them. They have encouraged me to go deeper with Christ and have said very orthodox things. They were actually the first ones to introduce to me the teaching of "The Indwelling Life of Christ" and how Christ is our strength in the Christian walk.

To be honest, their teachings are very close to that of T. Austin-Sparks and Watchman Nee. But, I felt (maybe) there are some cultic tendencies that kind of turned me away.

I currently attend The People's Church in Toronto and I really enjoy the Body-Life there. However, years later I am still conflicted over this church and I hoped that Brother Kaung may help me clarify things.

Thank you,

- Michael Liao

2016/10/5 0:18Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Contacting Stephen Kaung

At least clarify the history and theology behind this church. I know Brother Stephen Kaung worked with Witness Lee decades ago, but then they split.

2016/10/5 0:20Profile
Lysa

East TN (for the time being)

The only place I know that that puts up Stephen's sermon's regularly are at Christian Testimony Ministry. They would know how to get a hold of him.

http://www.christiantapeministry.com/index.php

God bless,
Lisa

2016/10/5 5:36Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

https://www.clcpublications.com/authors/stephen-kaung/

This website also has information about Brother Kaung,
And might be a means to gaining contact information.

2016/10/5 9:40Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Hope you find answers to your questions, brother. May the Holy Spirit Himself answer you in due time.

2016/10/5 10:46Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

"The reason why I want to contact him is because I was part of a church that was established by Watchman Nee about 6 years ago. Although, more like Witness Lee to be exact. I did leave this church because I did sense something was off."

Brother Michael,

I have listened to many teachings by Stephen Kaung on "Body Life", and having read many books by Watchman Nee, and Brother Stephen is laying forth the same scriptural teachings as his mentor. Brother Nee had a tremendous revelation of Christ the Head of His many membered Body, and we are thankful that this revelation has been shared by Brother Kaung in many of his teachings.

I had the privilege of meeting Stephen Kaung at one of the Christian Family Conferences in Richmond, and he literally radiates the presence of Jesus Christ. He is a very loving and humble servant of the Lord.

I know that Witness Lee was also a worker with Watchman Nee, but there is something different and suspect about some of his writings, so I would say that you are accurate in your discernment.

2016/10/5 15:38Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

AbideinHim, I want to ask what was suspect about some of Witness Lee's writings?

Thank you guys so much for your response. I will see if I can get a hold of him through those links.

2016/10/5 19:52Profile
Lysa

East TN (for the time being)

I removed my comment. I thought it was documented, I've searched this weekend and I can't find anything where they've part ways.

This was over 10 years ago, so I've slept since then. I apologize for saying something that wasn't documented.

God bless,
Lisa

2016/10/5 22:11Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Hmmm....I thought Watchman Nee ordered Witness Lee to take the ministries of the Local Church to Taiwan. They split? Is there information on this?

2016/10/5 23:57Profile
jujashan4

Re:

I would be interested in your findings too Michael
The idea that we meet with believers in our local area in the Lord's name and under His headship certainly appeals to me.

2016/10/7 9:54Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy