SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Proverbs 26:24-26

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
savannah

Proverbs 26:24-26

He who hates may hide it with his speech; but inside, he harbors deceit. He may speak pleasantly, but don’t trust him; for seven abominations are in his heart. His hatred may be concealed by deceit,but his wickedness will be revealed in the assembly. - Proverbs 26:24-26

Another translation says;

One who hates may camouflage it beneath pleasant words,but deep inside him, treachery still rages; Don’t believe him when he speaks kindly because his heart is completely ruled by evil. And though he covers his hatred with cleverness,his wicked ways will be publicly exposed. - Proverbs 26:24-26

Are there really people like this?

Do you know any?

2016/10/1 16:41Profile

Re: Proverbs 26:24-26

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=23630&commentView=itemComments

2016/10/1 20:00
savannah

Re: public relations

Are these verses speaking of false teachers/prophets?

I know that they can certainly be applied to them, but are they speaking more directly to relationships we have with persons in our everyday lives?

And, if so, is anyone acquainted with such persons like this?

2016/10/2 15:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

There are millions of people like this.

It is a perfect description of secret racism.

2016/10/2 19:19Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: Proverbs 26:24-26

"His wickedness will be revealed in the assembly."

Fellowship in Christ by the gathered members of the body, done in the NT way, bears this out. This verse is a warning, a word to the wise. The wisdom of God is made known to the church.

Humble, submissive, loving and yielded people will see disguised hatred because its disguise is not very good. Closeness that produces love will seem to roll away from the hater, and he will distance himself from that much of the fellowship that brings forth humility. It is only a matter of time.

The assembled body must seek God always and as the wickedness is revealed in the person over time, wait on Him to first declare His own way of dealing with the person. Sometimes, God will work and correct a man in that setting and bring Him to light and life and freedom. The Holy Spirit will inevitably, though, softly lay the matter to the brethren when a man will not turn. And, when once handed the responsibiltiy to also deal with such a brother in the NT way, life may again be ministered to him, or the church must patiently but decisively hold the mirror of God's Word to his face and insist on his submission in truth or -- God help -- leave him outside the fold.

Lord search me and if this wickedness lies in me, correct me now.

2016/10/3 7:39Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

I believe this indeed can be referring to false prophets/teachers as well people we deal with in our every day lives in and out of the body of Christ. Here are some verses that come to mind as I have thought on your post.

Proverbs 6:16-19 KJV These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: (17) A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, (18) An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, (19) A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

The hatred I see in Proverbs 26:24-26 is mans hatred for Truth, God, Jesus as well as his hatred for his neighbor, brother, and enemy. If we love God we will keep the two great commandments which all of the law and prophets contain.

The above verses of the seven things the Lord hates are a mouthful when we break them down and which are also included in the verses you quoted.

Unfortunately when we examine the visible fruit of one another the answer to your question is we all know people like this and countless scriptures tell us that these individuals will be exposed.

Like Tim said and all the disciples that sat with Jesus at the last supper, God forbid that it would be any one of us that would betray Christ, our love for Him, and one another.

2016/10/3 9:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy