SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : IF...i was to post.....about "racial reconcilliation"...would i be stoned?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Not in My City Summit:
September 29, 2016

With communities divided and racial tension sweeping our nation,
God has called us to stand up and say "Not In My City!"

Saturday, October 1 at 6:30 pm, Antioch Missionary Baptist Church and Pastor John Adolph will join us at Cathedral Church for the "Not in My City" Summit to declare UNITY in the Golden Triangle. Services will continue at Cathedral Church through Sunday, October 2 at 10:00 am and 6:30 pm. We are honored to have Will Ford III and Matt Lockett as our guest speakers with Lindell Cooley as our guest worship leader.

We are expecting God to meet with us as a community of believers during this summit and begin the healing process from the wounds created by racial division in Southeast Texas. We believe if the Church will arise, lead our community and
Stand Together, this crippling cycle can be broken once and for all, opening a door for God to move in an unprecedented way in our region.

In addition to area churches and pastors, we are expecting city officials from Beaumont, Port Arthur and Orange to join us. We are hopeful you and your congregation will make plans to attend as well.

In His Service and Yours,

Randy & Suzann Feldschau
Lead Pastors at Cathedral Church

Cathedral Church
2350 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont TX 77703

2016/9/30 1:06Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"God visited His people with a marvelous outpouring of His Holy Spirit at the turn of the 20th century. In 1905, a young black Louisiana man, who attended a Bible school founded by Charles Parham in Houston, Texas, was used by God to usher in modern Pentecostalism. William J. Seymour, at this Azusa Street Mission in Los Angeles, California, rejected racial barriers in favor of unity in Christ. “The color line as was washed away by the blood,” said writer Frank Bartleman, testifying of his experience at Azusa Street. Sadly, within only a decade, the great Pentecostal Movement slowly began to splinter, and a racial divide was formed. Instead of the pulpit addressing the racial issue biblically by preaching messages of true Christian unity through faith, the division identified with culture. Instead of interracial comity (civility, courtesy), segregation took its ugly shape, and doubly worse, doctrinal separation gave validity to division and solidified the racial divide as well. Because the pulpit did not spiritually address racism, it became a social issue."

2016/9/30 2:07Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi ALL

I have both black and white in my blood and have spent time on both sides of the fence with many different beliefs and intellects. As a black man I saw the fears and being treated differently from different white people and have had a sense of anger and vengefulness in my thinking which stemmed from pride, having to watch people look down at my mum for the colour of her skin. It creates a kind of fight or flight reflects in the intellect. on the other hand I have a white father who detested black people (but loved my Mother with all his heart)I understood his frustration as well and at times had the same moments of looking down at Black people.

The Lord was gracious in my early part of my Christian life where I fellowshipped with a Maori Women who just saw people as people despite the skin, belief and intellect and was able to move amongst so many different nationalities with ease and acceptance. I asked her one day "why do so many different people seek you out to spend time with you" she told me that the lord told her that as a Christian she was not of this world and that she was neither Jew nor gentile.

Now when I look at people, I see my family descended from Adam and Eve. I long each day to learn about my brothers and sisters and share the gospel of Christ. I am a manager and my team compose of Punjabi, Hindu, Muslim, atheists, Catholics, Baptist, Pentecostal, Africans, Australian, New Zealand, Scottish and I have a great relationship with each one.

People can tell if you are afraid of them or you look down at them but they can also tell when you your heart is free of these fleshly things as this is what makes us different to this world.

The holy spirit spoke straight to my heart and I had to lay down all claim to my earthy body to the lord and his people so that I can serve him with out bias or prejudges and move where he needed me too. Every one gets effected somehow at times by Satan but not everyone knows they are.

2016/9/30 8:36Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Dear Brother Karl":

Thank you for sharing this testimony and you truly echoe my sentiments exactly. Jesus Christ truly makes the difference!

I am a white male born and raised in the Detroit area, my parents were Italian and I was raised without any racial prejudice and like you shared was taught that we all have descended from Adam and Eve, I had to chuckle when you said you have both black and white blood in you. In reality, we all have black, white, yellow, and brown blood which makes up the most beautiful color of red, LOL.

It is true, people know and sense when you love them genuinely or if you look down on them.

A short recent testimony, I am a business development director for a foodservice management company and we recently opened a micro market and cafe in a business in Michigan.

Our micro market concept replaced the previous providers vending machines and the market works very much like a convenience store where you scan your products and use a self check out to pay.

There is a certain level of training that I have to provide to the building population and it takes me being on site for about a week after we open.

Well I talked to so many people explaining, training, and demonstrating how the self check put works.

Two young black girls came into the market and as always when people come in I will approach and stand near them as to assist with any questions, etc.

After they appeared to have the hang of it, I stepped away and went to our cafe and one of the young ladies came and motioned for me to come speak with her. She asked me if our company had a comment page, website, phone number and I said yes and pointed to a sign we had posted. She then asked me my role with the company and I told her and I said is there something I might help with or answer right now.

She proceeded to tell me that I offended her because I watched them checkout and did not watch the other (white) people in the market.

I was devastated, and I immediately put my hand on her shoulder and said please do not be offended and that I was only there to help and then I said again, please in Jesus name do not be offended and immediately her countenance changed. She at that point knew I was sincere.

I explained that the other people had been down to the market already several times and they brought other co workers to show them their new market and they were actually assisting their friends and already knew the drill.

Any way, even though the color of these young ladies skin was so far from any second thought in my mind I was deeply saddened that it is a very unfortunate thought that many live with continually.

With all this tension we are facing in the world today this incident made me realize how many people are forced to live, think, and react in this fallen world, but like I said, Jesus makes the difference.

Thanks again brother!

Brother Dave

2016/9/30 14:30Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi Brother Dave

Thankyou for sharing, The Lord on many occasions has taught me to learn a culture, their superstitions and fears of a person with out them knowing it. when it comes to a conversation the person gets taken back with surprise that I am interested in where they come from and have some knowledge. it gives a sense of safety for that person that I have some understanding and its a good ice breaker to build relationships.

about 6 months ago I was in a shopping centre and I noticed that I was making sure my hands where not in my pocket and I was standing back from the shelves and looking at the security cameras. I felt like I was being watched (as I look a bit scary anyway) I realised how silly my actions where and remembered that I had done this since I was a child. there is no reason for it, it's just something I picked up in my belief as a child which has no relevance for me today, I was just unaware that this was still effecting me automatically in my day to day life.

The minute I say I am a Maori, Australian or which church I am from, puts me in a box or category in peoples minds. where as when I am a Christian I can embrace all people from my heart under the guidance of scriptural love. People can mock or say bad things about where I was born and it means nothing to me.

Fear always looks for an obvious enemy of skin colour and race which are fast indicators that people naturally use to keep safe or away from even though it is most often not the truth.

There are some races I have longed to mix amongst but have not been successful and I am not sure the reason why as yet, but I am seeking the Lord to break down those barriers.

2016/9/30 17:22Profile
Jeremy221

Re: IF...i was to post.....about "racial reconcilliation"...would i be ston

I would encourage you to examine Kiononia Farm in Georgia.

For contrast research Kwasizabantu in South Africa.
http://www.ksb.org.za/

Finally, the work of Taizé in France.

Edit: Added more references.

2016/10/1 0:22Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Renee, I have been putting this off, because of fear or rejection, non believing, stepping on someone's toes, etc. To be correct asking are you male or female, I know some males whose names are Renee, and my first born daughter, born in 1959. I am guessing you are female.

When you posted this; """Renee (who happens to be African-American)""" My heart jumped inside me and my stomach rolled. If I could have been beside you when you said this and I did not know it, I could not help myself, jumping up and hugging you and saying the words of Jesus, "Love one another as I have loved you". This may be to bold, but I Love you.

I am Oklahoma American, 77 years of age in California.

If you can bare with me for as short a story as I can make it, I will begin.

When I was 4 years old in Duncan Oklahoma, staying with my grand father at a Haliburton Oilwell cementing camp, of which my Grand Father, was the head of, whose payroll number was 2.

There was a grounds keeper who kept the whole camp clean and was put in charge of me. His nick/name was Judge and he was black. He was the kindest, most gentle, caring, loving man I have ever known. I remember always being in tow where ever we went, him holding my hand. I always remember the cooler where my grandpa always kept apples, cool fresh milk, daily cooked bread, and everything else that needed to be kept cool. I never saw anyone in the cooler except granny, grandpa and Judge.

Judge and I would sit down next to a big empty wood barrel and snack two or three times a day, apples bread and cool milk. This black man who was not in a position of high authority was all to me, at 4 years old, he was my all in all. To this day I still love him and know he loved me.

My grandfather was promoted to the head of the whole southwester U.S. and moved to Shreveport La. My grandmother had a house servant, maid, what ever you might call her, she did the cooking cleaning shopping, anything my grandmother might want. This is a puzzle to me, she was quiet, reserved and I always felt she did not even like me.

The puzzle is how can God allow two completely different sides of humanity to be so diametrically opposed, even with each other? I guess that is a rose is a rose but two are never alike. In Christ we are all a new person, that we love one another as He first loved us.

When you Posted; "Renee (who happens to be African-American)"
I was filled with overwhelming emotion and tears I did not know where they were coming from. All I know is you just don't; happen to be African-American, you are exactly what where and why God put you and has you right where He wants you. Precious and perfect in Christ Jesus our Lord. With Christ living in us we are fellow-heirs of God in Jesus, all that is the Lords is yours and mine. You have sure sparked in me the memory of my all at 4, "my forever friend Judge whom I will see again someday". But for now, thank you God for my friend and I know his reward is with him.

In the love of Christ: Phillip

2016/10/1 19:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy