SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Apathy in World and in the Church to sin & life & Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Apathy in World and in the Church to sin & life & Jesus

it is amazing when you are witnessing, how many people walk by and do not care about the Gospel, Do not care about Jesus.
Then you have work recently at work we are short staffed and I have had to shutdown the cafe I run, my other staff members say it does not make a difference
Bengazi when 4 soldiers were killed Hilary Clintons famous line is that it does not make a difference.
Life seems to be dispensable, If you are at work, then there is always someone else who can do your job better.
At almost any task someone can be better.
The thing is apathy is also part of work and the small things that you want to do you cannot, I so want to repent of the small sins in my life
We are so desensitied to violence,sex and other things through the mediums of things like Television and to the things of the world, we have all seen so many people die on tv, nothing is valuable any more.
As with the Atheist you are simply cosmic dust in a universe so a thousand years from now, noone will remember you.
We were witnessing at Notting Hill carnival there had been 4 stabbings the day before yet people are still apathetic to the gospel even thou we handed out 60 bibles
people died but they do not care about where they are going to eternally.
Apathy affects every area of our life, pray as we seem to live in a world living in darkness making there way to eternal hell apathatic and not caring about nothing but themselves, idolatry to its max, If a million people die or a billion during the tribulation time period will people care, If most distasters happen, no time of prayer and fasting is called for the nation like what happened in the past just virtue signalling with saying that they will pray or changing there twitter profile but the underlying sin of the nation remains intact until the next disaster next week where an app will instantly change there profile to represent the next disaster.

I wish God could give me the grace and love to be more sensitive about the small difference, as I have many small sins in my life that need to be repented of, but the weight of them is sometimes so great, I need the grace of the Lord in abundance, deliver me Lord from Apathy in my life Lord aswell & help me hate sin.

We need to be so sensitive to Gods voice, his quiet voice which seems to be silenced out by the noise of the world.
It makes a difference if you hand out a tract and someone goes to Heaven rather than Hell, that is an eternal difference. That is the difference that Jesus makes to peoples lives.
It makes a difference if you love Jesus and his bible & prayer. You are not just some random dispensable human.

Even in the aspect of things like Relationships it seems that the church does not place things in the sactity of marriage, if someone is not a good partner or they do not tick all your boxes just simply get a new younger model,

Malachi 2:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 For [a]I hate [b]divorce,” says the Lord, the God of Israel, “and [c]him who covers his garment with [d]wrong,” says the Lord of hosts. “So take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously.”

It seems that everyone is dispensable or not valuable even I sometimes think that even in Gods eyes, I do not like the Purpose Driven Life by Warren as I think it is a lie.

The thing is if we know that God designed us and this universe, we will see design in everything and we will know that God created us for a reason, when studying history, science and other things.

There are many names in the Bible, the lesser names in the chronologies matter as these were people who followed God back then.

When I am talking to christians who are trying to synchronize with the world I ask them name a pop song or a celbrity from say the 1700s as people have forgotten these people but great christians in history have been remembered. I will be probably forgotten in the realms of time as a noone for Jesus, but I have hope of Eternal life with jesus which matter more to me.

Eternity is a long time, I can barely handle 1 sec in pain and I do not want fellow brethren to experience
Hell which is an eternity of pain without water, food and in torment.
I have been through an illness I thought I would never walk again when i was younger but God healed me. When we are going through pain there is a chance of escape but imagine being in pain for eternity & being tormented and not having any way of escape. Imagine being thirsty and it not being quenched for eternity, imagine being hungry and not being fed for eternity, or being burned without a way out.

Ezekiel 16:49
King James Bible
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

To me our society makes Sodom and Gomorrah looks angelic.
Sometimes I wish God would deliver me from me, I am desperate for Gods holy spirit as I am so dry and dead.

Revelation 3:16 ESV / 185 helpful votes

So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.
Zephaniah 1:12-13 ESV / 102 helpful votes

At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps, and I will punish the men who are complacent, those who say in their hearts, ‘The Lord will not do good, nor will he do ill.’ Their goods shall be plundered, and their houses laid waste. Though they build houses, they shall not inhabit them; though they plant vineyards, they shall not drink wine from them.”
Romans 12:11 ESV / 87 helpful votes

Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 ESV / 83 helpful votes

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
Revelation 3:2 ESV / 76 helpful votes

Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God.
Ephesians 6:10-12 ESV / 59 helpful votes

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Revelation 3:15-16 ESV / 53 helpful votes

“‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.
Proverbs 15:19 ESV / 48 helpful votes

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.
Romans 12:9-13 ESV / 45 helpful votes

Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.
Ephesians 5:16 ESV / 40 helpful votes

Making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.
Mark 14:38-41 ESV / 38 helpful votes

Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” And again he went away and prayed, saying the same words. And again he came and found them sleeping, for their eyes were very heavy, and they did not know what to answer him. And he came the third time and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and taking your rest? It is enough; the hour has come. The Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
John 5:39-40 ESV / 37 helpful votes

You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
Ecclesiastes 9:10 ESV / 22 helpful votes

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.
James 4:17 ESV / 21 helpful votes

So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.
Hebrews 5:11-12 ESV / 20 helpful votes

About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food,
Hebrews 11:6 ESV / 19 helpful votes

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 ESV / 17 helpful votes

Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. ...
1 John 3:17-18 ESV / 16 helpful votes

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
Psalm 51:16-17 ESV / 12 helpful votes

For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
Hebrews 6:4-6 ESV / 10 helpful votes

For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.
Galatians 6:9 ESV / 10 helpful votes

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
Ezekiel 16:49 ESV / 10 helpful votes

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.
Proverbs 24:33-34 ESV / 10 helpful votes

A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.
Haggai 1:7-9 ESV / 9 helpful votes

“Thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways. Go up to the hills and bring wood and build the house, that I may take pleasure in it and that I may be glorified, says the Lord. You looked for much, and behold, it came to little. And when you brought it home, I blew it away. Why? declares the Lord of hosts. Because of my house that lies in ruins, while each of you busies himself with his own house.
Joshua 24:14-15 ESV / 9 helpful votes

“Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Isaiah 47:8-10 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Now therefore hear this, you lover of pleasures, who sit securely, who say in your heart, “I am, and there is no one besides me; I shall not sit as a widow or know the loss of children”: These two things shall come to you in a moment, in one day; the loss of children and widowhood shall come upon you in full measure, in spite of your many sorceries and the great power of your enchantments. You felt secure in your wickedness, you said, “No one sees me”; your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray, and you said in your heart, “I am, and there is no one besides me.”
Proverbs 18:9 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Whoever is slack in his work is a brother to him who destroys.
Proverbs 18:1 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Whoever isolates himself seeks his own desire; he breaks out against all sound judgment.
Hebrews 6:10-12 ESV / 7 helpful votes

For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do. And we desire each one of you to show the same earnestness to have the full assurance of hope until the end, so that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
2 Thessalonians 3:6-8 ESV / 6 helpful votes

Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us. For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us, because we were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone's bread without paying for it, but with toil and labor we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you.
1 Thessalonians 5:21 ESV / 6 helpful votes

But test everything; hold fast what is good.
Proverbs 21:13 ESV / 6 helpful votes

Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered.
Acts 10:1-23 ESV / 5 helpful votes

At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion of what was known as the Italian Cohort, a devout man who feared God with all his household, gave alms generously to the people, and prayed continually to God. About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision an angel of God come in and say to him, “Cornelius.” And he stared at him in terror and said, “What is it, Lord?” And he said to him, “Your prayers and your alms have ascended as a memorial before God. And now send men to Joppa and bring one Simon who is called Peter. ...
Habakkuk 1:13 ESV / 4 helpful votes

You who are of purer eyes than to see evil and cannot look at wrong, why do you idly look at traitors and remain silent when the wicked swallows up the man more righteous than he?
Psalm 17:10 ESV / 4 helpful votes

They close their hearts to pity; with their mouths they speak arrogantly.
Proverbs 29:15 ESV / 3 helpful votes
The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother

2016/9/28 12:41Profile
passerby

Re: Apathy in World and in the Church to sin & life & Jesus

The Lord bless you and your family. That the Lord quicken and refresh you from the burdens of the spirit, soul, and body. That you may feel His grace so deeeply, that He direct your path even us, as we grope in another confused and anxious moment, just walking in faith forward, knowing that the Lord is faithful to all who trust in Him.

2016/9/28 21:11Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Thankyou for your response
I need prayer at the moment as I am a mess and I need Jesus
God bless
Dom

2016/9/29 13:31Profile
savannah

Re: mess

Dom,

May God Almighty lift up your spirit as you lift up His Most High and Most Holy Name;

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit. A broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
Psalm 51:17

For this is what the high and exalted One says-- he who lives forever, whose name is holy: "I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. Psalm 57:15

Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?" declares the LORD. "These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word. Isaiah 66:2

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Psalm 34:18

2016/9/29 22:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy