SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : PILGRIM FOLLOWERS OF JESUS by Arthur Blessit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ArthurRosh

PILGRIM FOLLOWERS OF JESUS by Arthur Blessit

PILGRIM FOLLOWERS OF JESUS
by Arthur Blessit

THIS IS A HEAVY HEAVY MESSAGE
AND IT IS VERY SELDOM SHARED TODAY
I DIDNT LIVE MY LIFE IN AIR CONDITIONED AUDITORIUMS
WITH STAFFS OF PEOPLE
AND WITH THE LUXURIES OF LIFE
THIS IS NOW THE 48TH YEAR OF CARRYING THE CROSS AND SHARING THE MESSAGE OF JESUS
I WANT TO READ A FEW PASSAGES OF SCRIPTURE AND IM GOING TO SHARE SOME VERY PROVOCATIVE STORIES
BUT I JUST WANT YOU TO HEAR FROM JESUS
IN LUKE 23:28, JESUS IS ON HIS WAY TO THE CRUCIFIXION AND HE IS CARRYING THE CROSS THROUGH JERUSALEM AND JESUS TURNING TO THEM, AND ESPECIALLY THE WOMEN, THAT WERE WEEPING OVER THE SUFFERING OF JESUS AND JESUS TURNING TO THEM SAID, DAUGHTERS OF JERUSALEM, DO NOT WEEP FOR ME BUT WEEP FOR YOURSELVES AND FOR YOUR CHILDREN FOR INDEED THE DAYS ARE COMING WHEN THEY WILL SAY, BLESSED ARE THE BARREN AND THE WOMBS THAT NEVER BORE AND THE BREASTS THAT NEVER NURSED. THEN THEY WILL BEGIN TO SAY TO THE MOUNTAINS, FALL ON US, AND TO THE HILLS, COVER US. FOR IF THEY DO THESE THINGS WHEN THE WOOD IS GREEN, WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN IT IS DRY?
JESUS WAS COMPARING HIMSELF TO GREEN WOOD. GREEN WOOD BURNS OF COURSE LONGER BUT IT IS VERY HARD TO GET STARTED, YOU NEED DRY WOOD TO GET THE FIRE HOT ENOUGH SO YOU CAN PUT THE GREEN WOOD ON TOP OF THE FIRE. JESUS SAID, I AM THE GREEN WOOD, IF THEY DO THIS TO THE GREEN WOOD, THE CRUCIFIXION OF CHRIST, IF THEY DO THIS TO ME, WHAT WILL THEY DO TO YOU. WHEN YOU STUDY THE HISTORY OF THE CHURCH YOU WILL SEE THE FULFILLMENT OF WHAT JESUS SAID. WE NEED TO BE PREPARED FOR LIVING A LIFE OF VICTORY NO MATTER HOW TOUGH THE CIRCUMSTANCES ARE. MANY OF US ARE ILL PREPARED BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN TRAINED BY THOSE WHO HAVE NO EXPERIENCE OF EVER HAVING LIVED IT. WHEN YOU ARE IN THE MILITARY, AND IVE NEVER BEEN, BUT IVE BEEN IN 54 WARS AND SPENT THE NIGHT WITH TROOPS ON THE BATTLEFIELDS, IVE NEVER BEEN A SOLDIER, BUT THEY ARE TRAINED BY THOSE WHO HAVE USUALLY BEEN IN COMBAT. THEY ARE TRAINED BY TOUGH PEOPLE TO LIVE AND SURVIVE IN A TOUGH, DEADLY WAR. THEY ARE NOT TRAINED BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE ONLY WORKED OUT IN A GYM. THEY ARE TRAINED BY THOSE WHO ARE EXPERIENCED. I URGE YOU TO TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN TO WHAT IM SHARING. IT WILL REVOLUTIONIZE AND PREPARE YOU FOR THE LIFE THAT GOD HAS IN STORE FOR US AND THE BATTLES THAT WE MUST FACE. HEBREWS 11:13. WE CALL IT THE CHAPTER OF FAITH, PEOPLE WHO TRIUMPHED, PEOPLE THAT WERE CONSIDERED BY GOD MEN AND WOMEN OF REAL FAITH. VERSE 13 SAYS, THESE ALL DIED IN FAITH. LISTEN, ONE DAY YOU ARE GOING TO DIE AND I AM GOING TO DIE. IF YOU LIVE YOU ARE GOING TO DIE UNLESS JESUS COMES AND WE WILL BE CHANGED IN A MOMENT. BUT UNTIL THEN, EVERY ONE OF US FACE DEATH. ALL OF THESE GIANTS OF FAITH EVENTUALLY DIED. NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU GET HEALED, AND I BELIEVE IN HEALING, GOD HAS HEALED ME OVER AND OVER FROM SEVERE THINGS, FROM BRAIN ANEURYSM TO A HEART ATTACK TO KNEE SURGERY AND OTHER THINGS BUT ONE DAY IM GOING TO DIE. ALL THESE PEOPLE DIED STILL BELIEVING WHAT GOD HAD PROMISED THEM. THEY DID NOT RECEIVE WHAT WAS PROMISED, BUT THEY SAW IT FROM A DISTANCE AND WELCOMED IT. THEY AGREED THAT THEY WERE FOREIGNERS AND NOMADS HERE ON EARTH. THAT'S WHAT WE ARE. WE ARE PILGRIMS, WE ARE STRANGERS. THIS IS NOT OUR HOME. AS I GET OLDER I GET MORE HOMESICK FOR HOME. DO YOU EVER FEEL THAT WAY? DO YOU EVER FEEL THAT YOUR WALK WITH JESUS AND THE INTIMACY YOU HAVE WITH HIM AND IT SEEMS THAT MANY PEOPLE JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU BELIEVE AND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. WE ARE STRANGERS AND PILGRIMS. WHAT IS A PILGRIM? A PILGRIM IS A PERSON THAT IS ON A TRIP WITH A SPIRITUAL DESTINATION. A JESUS PILGRIM IS LIVING A LIFE ON A JOURNEY WHERE WE WILL ARRIVE AT A DESTINATION WHICH IS HEAVEN. AND ON EARTH WE ARE PASSING THROUGH WITH BOUNDARY LINES THAT HAVE BEEN FORMED BY MAN. . .

END OF PART 1

2016/9/27 7:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy