SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Unless you repent...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Unless you repent...

Luke 13:1-5New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Call to Repent
13 Now on the same occasion there were some present who reported to Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had [a]mixed with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans because they suffered this fate? 3 I tell you, no, but unless you [b]repent, you will all likewise perish. 4 Or do you suppose that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them were worse [c]culprits than all the men who live in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.”

The above verses have been resonating in my spirit this morning. As I reflected upon the bombs going off in the Chelsea District of New York. As I reflected upon the stabbing of innocence in Minneapolis. I thought of 9/11 fidteen years ago. And then the verses that Jesus said unless you repent you will likewise perish.

Those who dared to say that 9/11 was a judgment of God were immediately shut down. They were told how dare they say such things that God was judging America as a result of 3000 lives lost. I can't help but wonder that they were probably born sgain Christians that perished when the Twin Towers came down. In a sense God has already judged the Tower of Babel's in our day.

Last night I was on the Revival call and our brother Dan Baiser was leading. It broke my heart to hear our brother say that he had reached out to the SBC leadership asking them to convene a solemn assembly to pray on the events of last weekend. He shared with us that there was silence to his request.

Briefly after 9/11 there was prayer. Briefly after 9/11 the churches were filled up. Briefly after 9/11 there were those who were surrendering their life to Christ. But then instead of continuing to press abd pray to God and pray for Revival in the church in America. We went back to our comfortable middle-class lifestyle. And forgot what 9/11 was all about.

I live on the fringes of tornado alley. In the springtime we receive warnings of potential approaching storm cells that will generate powerful tornadoes period on the day when the tornadoes are expected to occur. There is an eerie calmness.

Those who live along the Gulf Coast receive hurricane warnings. They can tell that a hurricane is expected to make landfall in their area. They are told to prepare to evacuate. They are told to board up windows. Before the hurricane hits there is an eerie calmness.

I am sensing in my spirit that same erie calmness. Something is about to go down. I do not know what it is. I do not know what it will entail. But something is about to happen. And it will be in the form of judgment upon the church in America.

We cannot pray against this. Nor should we pray against this. But those who are awake as alert intercessors should be on the wall sounding the warning. We should be in preparation spiritually for what surely will be a calamity to come. This may be the awakening, albeit rude, for the church in America.

Some have said that God has removed his protective hand from America. Some have said that God has removed his protective hand from America because America turned away from God.

But I think one has wisely said that the reason God has removed his protective hand from America is that the church has stopped praying.

I do not know if the presidential elections will be that which will break this very calm this. I have no idea what will happen on November 8th, 2016. But I wonder if on November 9th 2016 we will not all be on our faces before God praying like we've never prayed before.

But they're not ask the question should we not be on our faces before God now pray like we've never prayed before. 1st Peter 4 7 says the end of all things is near therefore be of sound judgment and Silver Spirit for the purpose of prayer.

Brothers and sisters judgment begins with the household of God. Therefore God is getting ready to judge the church in America. We are praying and crying out for Revival. But Revival may very well come after a judgement comes up on the church. Going to believe the judgment will be in the form of persecution.

A few weeks ago there was a post on this forum about Chinese believers praying that the church in America would undergo persecution. This created a firestorm. My brothers and sisters the prayers of the Chinese Believers May soon be answered period persecution will come up on the church in America. This may be God's judgement on the house of God here in North America.

But I think something more than persecution will also be happening. What it is I cannot say for sure. All I can say is let us be vigilant. Let us be alert. Let us be the Watchman on the wall that cry out to God for discernment and how we should pray in these end times.

My post is not meant to offend but to warn. And to exhort us to be vigilant in our prayers. For something serious is soon going to go down. Let us be prepared spiritually as we know how to be to respond to what may hapoen.

I close with the verses out of Ephesians 5:15-17,

...Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is...

Brothers and sisters let us pray that in this hour of urgency we may know what the will of our Lord Jesus Christ is. Let us pray that we may pray His in this hour of urgency.

-bbs-

2016/9/20 10:38

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy