SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : ON THE 'SIN' OF SENDING KIDS TO PUBLIC SCHOOL

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
passerby

Re:

Many Christian parents are handicapped in training their children. I posted this again, because this is a real issue that we must be aware of. They need help in raising their children to a higher spiritual standard.

Sometimes we really have to be a sort of a second father, mother, or uncle for their children without being intrusive or imposing.

2016/9/17 3:13Profile
savannah

Re: come out

2 Cor 6

14Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15What accord has Christ with Belial?b Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 16What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said,

“I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them,and I will be their God,and they shall be my people.
17Therefore go out from their midst,
and be separate from them, says the Lord,
and touch no unclean thing;
then I will welcome you,
18and I will be a father to you,
and you shall be sons and daughters to me,
says the Lord Almighty.”

2016/9/17 3:21Profile

Re: passerby

"They need help in raising their children to a higher spiritual standard."

Not sure who these "other parents" are exactly but they would have to be family members and/or people with whom we were VERY familiar with to know what kind of "spiritual standard" they measure up to. And unless a parent was to approach me and ask for my input and my opinion of the "spiritual standard" of their kids I would be very wise to mind my own business. I have been involved in very nosy/controlling church groups in the past that almost approached the level of a cult in their strong "suggestions" on how everyones kids ought to be raised. Everything from who they should be allowed to associate with and what they should say, see, speak or look like. Some church groups even think its their duty to tell you when and how many kids you should have. Lets just say my first brush with the "sovereignty of the womb" movement had me walking away scratching my head in amazement. Each to his own I suppose. I think the sentiment is good but to go very far down this road without being approached by a parent leads to lots of problems.

Just my 2 cents. Blessings!

2016/9/17 9:07

Re: ON THE 'SIN' OF SENDING KIDS TO PUBLIC SCHOOL

I agree with the basic thrust of the OP but think the title is deliberately controversial and offensive. It will get plenty of clicks though:-)

It is not just offensive but ludicrous to suggest that a person who sends their kids to a public school is sinning. That is one of the most judgmental things I have ever seen posted on SI quite frankly. Again, I agree with the sentiment and we actually do homeschool our kids and have done so for the past 11 years but we never look down our noses at those other "sinners" who keep their children in public schools. Is it less desirable option for christian parents? Yes of course, but many christians are oblivious of their options or simply unable to homeschool their kids for a number of reasons. To suggest they are sinners for not doing so turns us into even bigger sinners than them for being huge hypocrites, because I can assure you for every one sin that you point out about public school parents, the Lord will find 100 sins in your life. Judge not, lest you be judged!

2016/9/17 9:17
savannah

Re: The First Commandment

Deuteronomy 13

“If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. And you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. So all Israel shall hear and fear, and not again do such wickedness as this among you.

2016/9/17 9:18Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Savannah, if you home-school, may God bless you and richly reward you, but do not turn against your brothers who do not have the means or see it differently. It is a wonderful freedom you enjoy in the US.

Be honest, would you home-school your children if you lived in Germany or North Korea and go to jail for it and have your children forcibly removed?

I agree with Brother Sree. The original post contains truth presented in the spirit of the accuser of the brethren.

Greg, may I kindly ask you to lock this thread ?

2016/9/17 10:20Profile

Re:

Savannah,
Of course you cannot be serious to quote that scripture where under the law, Jews were to be put to death for not shaping up? Thank God for the New Covenant that those who are in Christ Jesus are no longer under the law of Moses..

"but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death..."

If you are not a practicing Jew Savannah this passage does not apply to you or me or anyone else who claims to be a born again follower of Jesus Christ.

Yes I agree Narrowpath, lets block these threads before they even get started! They do nothing but bring young believers and others under condemnation and seem to be designed to stir up strife.

2016/9/17 10:40
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: ON THE 'SIN' OF SENDING KIDS TO PUBLIC SCHOOL

I suspect public schools differ from one district to another. I know for one thing you certainly would NOT want to send your child to a public school in our county.

The other options are homeschooling or private schooling. Home schooling gets a lot of praise on this forum, but we have seen some homeschoolers who discredit this type of schooling. Some can barely read which I consider shameful, especially when these parents consider themselves superior to others. They did have the option of sending children to a good parochial school but considered homeschool better. We are now seeing these children - who are married - sending their children to a conventional school.

My observation..

Sandra

2016/9/17 10:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

How does a parent who knows nothing (or is no good at) higher math like calculus or trigonometry etc or science like chemistry or physics expect to homeschool their child in these subjects?

Are their children just limited to the very basics in their education?

2016/9/17 11:48Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

"How does a parent who knows nothing (or is no good at) higher math like calculus or trigonometry etc or science like chemistry or physics expect to homeschool their child in these subjects?"

Great point. Ever heard of Khan Academy? The videos are all free on YouTube. The guy who created them has a remarkable gift to break down and explain even the most daunting subjects like Newtonian physics and quantum mechanics so that even a ten year old kid with basic math skills can clearly grasp the concept. It's made to be exciting. He wants to do school even on Saturdays and we have to tell him to take a break. Parents who choose not to homeschool can benefit immensely from these Khan videos too. And they are just a supplement to his regular curriculum which is filled with Bible and missions history. We use the accredited "Sonlight" program, which is not cheap, but definitely comprehensive and reading-intensive.

If we were to put him in a public or charter school right now (second grade level according to his age), I don't know what he would do. His cousin goes to an expensive Christian academy (one grade behind him) and they are still doing colors and practicing writing their names and memorizing the days of the week.

2016/9/17 12:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy