SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I Chronicles 10...Who Really Took King Saul's Life?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

I Chronicles 10...Who Really Took King Saul's Life?

DON'T READ BECAUSE YOU WILL GET BORED and CONFUSED! This is for the "cloud of witnesses" whom were actually there!

Just got home from school and can't wait to tell my Father about what He taught me in I Chronicles 10 this morning?

I was excited all through the History thus far (according to man) recorded in Joshua...I / II Samuel and the books of the Kings...now it's God's turn to tell the story of our spiritual (pre)History...

It's like sitting around the circle of a Master Father and Son storyteller. Now, the Father gets to tell it! And today, in chapter 10, the stories are starting to run parallel! (Excited!)...

I Chron. 10 retells the story of the utterly confusing account of King Saul's defeat and death at war with the Philistines, in the history of I Samuel...but this time...the confusion is cleared up over "Who Killed King Saul?"

[I care about King Saul...my heart and spirit go out to him. I used to despise him.]

Because IT WAS confusing in the final chapters of I Samuel and the beginning chapters of II Samuel??? Juicy...yet confusing!

His armor bearer certainly Would not kill him (per his duty at Saul's request), which makes me annoyed at this young man...Saul didn't kill himself, in spite of falling on his sword (I Samuel 31:4) - he sought death and did not find it; the Amalekite certainly DID NOT kill Saul - he just lied to (II Sam. 1: 10) David thinking it would impress him because he knew about their history AND the power that David could seize in Saul's absence...not knowing anything of the heart of David (one after God's own heart)...ironically, David slew this lying and opportunistic Amalekite for what the latter thought would bring him reward (had to chuckle a bit at this)...

...I Chron. 10: 13 reveals that God took Saul's life (as it is His Divine right)!!!

"Saul died because he was unfaithful to the Lord..." (also committing the sin that leads unto death by - "not keeping the Word of the Lord" and "consulting the medium for guidance" - instead of God)...

Man Alive...(no pun intended)!!! That is crazy!!! God does give life and take it away and it is not murder when He does it.

Hearing and reading the OT is truly like a Romance with God, while the NT is the Wedding!

Love-in-Christ,

kyp

2016/9/12 15:25
TMK

NC, USA

Re: I Chronicles 10...Who Really Took King Saul's Life?

Hey kyp-

I think you are taking the idea of Saul not killing himself a tad far. He fell on his sword; this was a mortal wound but he did not die immediately. He asked to be put out of his misery as he was dying, but he was going to die (and did in fact die) from the injuries sustained falling on his sword.

Of course it was prophesied by "Samuel" brought up by the witch at Endor that he would die on the battlefield so in that sense God destined him to die.

2016/9/12 17:52Profile
passerby

Re:

1 Chronicle 10: 3-5 ESV

3 "The battle pressed hard against Saul, and the archers found him, and he was wounded by the archers.

4 Then Saul said to his armor-bearer, “Draw your sword and thrust me through with it, lest these uncircumcised come and mistreat me.” But his armor-bearer would not, for he feared greatly. Therefore Saul took his own sword and fell upon it.

5 And when his armor-bearer saw that Saul was dead, he also fell upon his sword and died."

2016/9/12 20:43Profile

Re:

You are right, TMK...

I was afraid that it sounded like I was...minimizing Saul's suicide...Wasn't?

Thank you

2016/9/12 20:45

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy