SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : North Korea conducts fifth and largest nuclear test

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 North Korea conducts fifth and largest nuclear test

SEOUL/UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - North Korea conducted its fifth and biggest nuclear test on Friday and said it had mastered the ability to mount a warhead on a ballistic missile, ratcheting up a threat that rivals and the United Nations have been powerless to contain.

The blast, on the 68th anniversary of North Korea's founding, drew a fresh wave of global condemnation. The United States said it would work with partners to impose new sanctions, and called on China to use its influence as North Korea's main ally to pressure Pyongyang to end its nuclear program.

Under 32-year-old third-generation leader Kim Jong Un, North Korea has sped up development of its nuclear and missile programs, despite U.N. sanctions that were tightened in March and have further isolated the impoverished country.
The United Nations Security Council strongly condemned the test and said it would begin work immediately on a resolution. The United States, Britain and France pushed the 15-member body to impose new sanctions.

North Korea, which labels the South and the United States as its main enemies, said its "scientists and technicians carried out a nuclear explosion test for the judgment of the power of a nuclear warhead," according to its official KCNA news agency.

It said the test proved North Korea was capable of mounting a nuclear warhead on a medium-range ballistic missile, which it last tested on Monday when Obama and other world leaders were gathered in China for a G20 summit.

read more: https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-earthquake-believed-nuclear-test-010528165.html

2016/9/10 2:08Profile

Re: North Korea conducts fifth and largest nuclear test

For what?

Why?

What are they "gearing up for"?

Doh!! I hope that I did not just stir up the Beloved and Blessed eschatologists...Shucks!

Love-in-Christ,

kyp

2016/9/10 15:18

Re:

How do I DELETE my previous post?

2016/9/10 15:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy