SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : My Highest for His Glory

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

My Highest for His Glory

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Perhaps you have a family member or friend or loved one that seems to be in a hopeless situation, you may even have given up all hope for that person. Yet Our Lord is Hope itself. Hope is the wellspring that all of our joy flows from. We have two choices in this life, even as a Christian, we can live in hope or we can despair. Hope gives birth to joy and to life and to strength. It is because I am in Christ that my hope springs eternal. It is awesome to know that our Heavenly Father is willing to go to enormous lengths to fulfill His plans.

You can only see a snap-shot of your life but the Lord sees it all, from beginning to end. Keep on seeking the Lord with all of your heart. He will bring you out of this place that you find yourself in. Lift up your eyes today and see where your help comes from. Your help comes from the Lord. He sees the afflictions of your heart and He knows your pain. Be encouraged today saint, the Lord your God is with you and He wants you to know that. (January 1,My Highest for His Glory)

2016/9/8 5:42

Re: My Highest for His Glory

From whence is this "Highest" in a man's desperately wicked heart??? I possess no "Highest" in this nature that I am aware of...

2016/9/8 12:32

Re:

HI Katina, the best of you, the Highest in you is the Lord Jesus. The riches of His glory among the gentiles is Christ in you, this is our highest sister, when men and women of the world see an expression of Christ from His saints to whom He has given a new heart. The children of God are not desperately wicked, they are new creatures in Christ and God has deemed to dwell in this new heart, our Lord does not dwell in wickedness.................bro Frank

2016/9/8 16:35

Re:

Pressing On by brother Bob Dylan (yes that Bob Dylan)

Well I'm pressing on
Yes, I'm pressing on
Well I'm pressing on
To the higher calling of my Lord.
Many try to stop me, shake me up in my mind,
Say, "Prove to me that He is Lord, show me a sign."
What kind of sign they need when it all come from within,
When what's lost has been found, what's to come has already been?
Well I'm pressing on
Yes, I'm pressing on
Well I'm pressing on
Shake the dust off of your feet, don't look back.
Nothing now can hold you down, nothing that you lack.
Temptation's not an easy thing, Adam given the devil reign
Because he sinned I got no choice, it run in my vein.
Well I'm pressing on
Yes, I'm pressing on
Well I'm pressing on

2016/9/8 18:05

Re:

Amen!

Thank you as I am in constant need of reminder. That is exactly my point...(though I sway towards self-deprecation)...the irony is that this "highest, utmost" in me has nothing to do with me and ALL to do with Him...

Bless you Brother appollus for keeping me on the right track...

Love-in-Christ (from my Highest Place),

kyp

2016/9/8 18:25

Re:

Beautifully put...NotDarkYet...and from a reputable source...

Love-in-Christ,

kyp

2016/9/8 18:26

Re:

Amen sister, there is a temptation to look upon ourselves in ways that the Lord would never look upon us. The end result of this can be pronouncing that we are vile worms. I have seen this in Christian circles and it is not pretty, it is condemning. God bless you sister............bro Frank

2016/9/8 18:32

Re:

Thanks kip

Lord bless you abundantly as well

2016/9/8 18:33

Re: Breath of Fresh Air

Sigh...

I soooooo needed to hear / read that, Brother appollus.

Love-in-Christ,

kyp

2016/9/8 18:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy