SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : prevailing in Prayer .. Charles Finney..

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

prevailing in Prayer .. Charles Finney..

September 6
Prevailing in Prayer
Pray without ceasing.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
As Charles Finney explains, “If you would pray in faith, be sure to walk every day with God. If you do, He will tell you what to pray for. Be filled with His Spirit, and He will give you objects enough to pray for. He will give you as much of the spirit of prayer as you have strength of body to bear.” Finney’s story here is a good example.

A good man once said to me, “Oh, I am dying for the want of strength to pray. My body is crushed, the world is on me, and how can I forbear prayer!”

I have known that man to go to bed absolutely sick for weakness and faintness, under the pressure. And I have known him to pray as if he would do violence to heaven. I’ve seen the blessing come in answer to his prayer.

Shall I tell you how he died? He prayed more and more. He used to take the map of the world before him and pray. He’d look over the different countries and pray for them, till he absolutely expired in his room, praying. Blessed man! He was the reproach of the ungodly and of carnal, unbelieving educators, but he was the favorite of heaven, and a prevailing prince in prayer.

What a way to go! Ushered into the presence of God while going after God on your knees. What a legacy!

You, too, can be a favorite in heaven. You too, can be a prevailing prince or princess in prayer.
1 Samuel 31; 1 Corinthians 11
Ezekiel 9; Psalms 48

Be Blessed saints and no matter what you are going through pray on (:)
In Christ
Frannie

2016/9/6 20:20Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: prevailing in Prayer .. Charles Finney..

Sister Frannie,
Thank you for sharing, this is very sobering, convicting and encouraging all at once~

2016/9/6 22:26Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Finney

Amen Brother Fletcher
May we all be more convicted as we walk with JESUS and be led by the Holy Ghost
In Him
Frannie

2016/9/8 21:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy