SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why some brethren are banned from the SermonIndex forums?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Why some brethren are banned from the SermonIndex forums?

Saints,

It is always with great reluctance and long-suffering that we ever have to come to the place to remove an account and ban it from posting to the SermonIndex.net forum. We always seek to give much freedom in the discussions and do have reasonable community rules that are in place: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

We also realize that as a moderator on a public forum with Christians from all different denominational backgrounds that we cannot ever please everyone or be in the place where all choices that are made will make everyone happy. But choices do have to be made at times.

What being banned from the SermonIndex does NOT mean:.

It does not mean that you are not a Christian who is going to heaven.

It does not mean that you are a Spirit-filled godly Christian.

It does not mean that myself or others would not fellowship with you in person.

It does not mean that you everything you believe is wrong.

But what it CAN mean when someone is banned from participating in the discussion forum section of the website:

It can mean that they are not speaking with grace and constantly attacking others.

It can mean that they are holding to doctrinal positions and constantly arguing them.

It can mean that they are not able to listen to any directions from a moderator or godly believer.

It can mean that there is an constant agenda in posting on a subject or retaliating against those who do.

For the sake of the testimony of Jesus Christ on this website we unfortunately do have to ask some believers not to post on the forums anymore and ban the account. This is something that is never done on a spur of a moment but with long-suffering over the situation.

To avoid gossip, mis-understandings and any confusion we are clearly sharing with the community that we have taken down these accounts from the forums so they cannot post:

jeffmar1130
Julius21
Rev__Enue

There has been a constant asking, warning and exhorting these brethren and others not to continue to attack each other, pursue a posting agenda on various topics. The Scripture below I believe speaks "in-part" to this situation. They are good brothers and I am sure fruitful in the ministries and local churches they are involved with. Yet on the forums here though they have all been a blessing to I am sure many, the debating and not finding unity or agreeance to disagree in grace has not been found.

This has caused continual dissensions and has become a work of the enemy of our souls to bring this atmosphere to other believers. It is not producing anything fruitful and at times the discussions have brought shame to the Name of Christ. We are all guilty of this in part but we must not allow a habitually practicing of this believers believers world-wide.

Philippians 4:2 New International Version (NIV)

2 I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord.

The forums are a benefit for some believers for a season and many read and reference them or find them in searches.

May we seek to be full of grace, love, gentleness and truth in our postings and realize a world is watching and our Lord is recording all.

2016/9/6 13:24Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Why some brethren are banned from the SermonIndex forums?

This is very sobering news, I think as long as the same repetitious threads are continually allowed,we will probably see more of this. I don't think there is anyway to do this on a forum, but if one persons posts were limited on each thread, this would probably be the silver bullet. To be honest, I think the reason why a lot of folks don't start threads anymore, is because lately most go south in a hurry, and become anything but edifying. There is so much in the word that our little finite minds will never understand, once we all realize this, SI will become a much friendlier place to visit.

2016/9/6 15:17Profile

Re:

Bill

Perhaps you are overestimating the importance of this forum.

2016/9/6 15:49
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
There is so much in the word that our little finite minds will never understand, once we all realize this, SI will become a much friendlier place to visit.

Brother,

This is a wonderful suggestion and I am not sure how easily it could be implemented but what we could suggest to saints is to try and make minimum posts to each thread and when making a post to take time making it very meaningful and well thought out. I believe as you said this would remedy quick answers that go back and forth and usually start to name-call and pick on minors.

We have so much we do not understand or fully know and that is a wonderful example you are sharing that we should all have humility built into our responses, threads and answers.

For anyone who reads this thread perhaps they can consider your thought there to make a more meaningful answer into a thread and not multiple shorter exchanges.

Quote:
Perhaps you are overestimating the importance of this forum.

Brother, of course there are many more important things, but the forums are a part of this ministry and testimony beside these godly sermons that it is at least "important" they do not detract or ruin the testimony of these messages being on the same website.

2016/9/6 16:25Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Greg,

I'm glad that there has been some resoution to what has been a very unfruitful season on the forum, even if there was some colateral damage, in losing at least oñe good man. Hoepefully we can get some more open discussions with more participants and less dominated by serial posters.

On another realated issue, can I ask if you can give reassurance that there are not posters on here with multiple sign in names. It has been known to be the case in the past and suggested that this could still be the case. I for one would be very reluctant to engage in discussions with folk if I thought this was a possibility. It's just dishonest! I take it you can verify sign in names to actual people or emails. Why anyone would do this is beyond rme, but I know it happens.

2016/9/6 16:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
On another realated issue, can I ask if you can give reassurance that there are not posters on here with multiple sign in names. It has been known to be the case in the past and suggested that this could still be the case. I for one would be very reluctant to engage in discussions with folk if I thought this was a possibility. It's just dishonest!

Brother,

Agreed. This is absolutely not allowed and if anyone tries to do this and is found out the account would be immediately removed. This is "un-Christian" to have multiple sign-ins and playing games in the dark in this way. It would be behaviour in the real world off-line that would be very wrong.

Let us commit to pray for the website ministry and forums that the Lord Jesus Christ would be honoured and glorified and saints encouraged in their walks with the Lord.

2016/9/6 17:40Profile

Re:

It had to be done. And it was done well.

marcmc

2016/9/6 19:24

Re:

We should also insist that people use their real birth names when signing on to SI.
Emailing a copy of their birth certificate to the moderate and signing a pledge form that they will post only using their real birth names and nothing else should be enforced. If they are women and have taken on the husbands name that would be okay.
And IF one is caught posting under more than one name he/she should be severely reprimanded and spoken to in a harsh manner. This must not be tolerated!
No handles should be allowed such as the many ludicrous names people use in this place. Whats with names like Anonymous, bearmaster,natonforjesus, appolus, Crispy and thousands more ?

2016/9/6 20:24

Re: Are you serious?

I misplaced my birth certificate when I was "born again"!

C'mon...a bit much. What next, government security clearance? We are not all "out to get" SI, but actually respect and trust this venue for its "sufficient" legitimacy in developing a place to share the joy of God's Word with anonymity.

Love-in-Christ (without having to know THAT much about you, except that you belong to Him, too).

kyp

2016/9/6 20:35
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Katina, what an awesome word, you brought me to tears.

2016/9/6 20:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy