SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why do "end times" discussions dominate this forum?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

I'll say it again. You don't have two sides fighting. You have one side who is vilifying the other side in an attempt to shut down the conversation for all. This gives the appearance that two sides are fighting which is the perception they want you to believe.

Jesus was crucified between two criminals to give the common people the perception that he too was a criminal. Guilt by association.

Go look at the Sanhedrin thread right now. Are two sides fighting? No. Only one side is vilifying the other, and they do it with impunity.

2016/9/6 9:47

Re:

Julius,
I'm not sure if agree with that as a blanket statement friend. If you mean the "two-sides" of the issue, you have a couple of bad actors (& several imperfect people, me & yourself included in that category) on both sides. So, let's not justify bad behavior (I have called out those with viciousness in their words myself even on "my side" of the issue), but let's not cry wolf or "play the poor helpless martyr" here either. And it is fair to say when you state all your views but intentionally ignore, look over, & don't answer questions from others on the other side (& I'm not just talking about Rev, NDY), it's also not a "2-way conversation" either. It's one side presenting long diatribes of their view & then avoiding/ignoring challenging or direct questions/scriptural challenges. That's what makes it look like an agenda friend. Vilify me for saying that if you want, but God's honest truth friend, there's no malicious intent in my heart for you whatsoever. I just don't agree with you, & don't agree with you posting full books worth of echo chamber material from other men (sometimes with some very questionable teachings) but then not answering direct questions which greatly challenge the picture you draw from scripture (IN CONTEXT). That doesn't create an "us vs them" mentality (asking how your interp fits the context), but the "poor old me" and "us vs them" victim mentality does. I know I will be likely be attacked & Vilified here by some for saying that, but I think it's just as legitimate to bring up (avoiding answering real challenges concerning context, the question ability of certain teachers you post at times,accusing me of being in league with people I don't even know, etc.) as it is legitimate to say NDY & Rev should cool their rhetoric towards you & stick with the issues/views being discussed.
God Bless you,
Jeff

2016/9/6 11:23
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Why do "end times" discussions dominate this forum?

Mark: Good question. The thing that comes immediately to mind is this.

We all know how to have revival. It is not a mystery nor is it a secret. The problem is that most of us (The church in general) are unwilling to do what it takes to experience it. No new problem. Paul said that no one but Timothy had his heart and that all of the other people with whom he ministered looked after their own things rather than the things of God. And Paul was talking about some men who were foundational ministers in the early church.

But we do not understand eschatology well. There are so many things that we want to set in place in our minds about how events will play out in the near future.

Some do like to argue. Wish it were not that way. No one learns anything while he is trying to justify and defend his own dogmatism. But to discuss perspectives in a humble attitude that longs to learn...that is very fruitful.

2016/9/6 11:40Profile

Re:

Some of the rude remarks made to Julius do not deserve an answer. He is right what he says. Totally right.

2016/9/6 11:48

Re:

Brenda,
I agree that some of the rude remarks do not deserve an answer. I thought I explained myself better, but let me clarify: I'm not talking about mud-slinging. I'm talking about when 12 pages of information/teaching are laid out by Julius & I respond with the context of the verses used to create the "doctrine" or teaching & it shows something else and I ask how it's reconciled & get ignored (or accused). Or I ask a simple question that's very challenging to the belief espoused & never get an answer. Or call out an inconsistency & get ignored. That's what I'm referring to. Not the immature (& ungodly) slanderous & malicious attacks.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/9/6 11:56

Re:

It's not your questions, Jeff. I have tried many times to bring to your attention your rudeness with all your snide remarks and side comments.

I find it difficult to converse with someone who is always putting me down.

People need look no further than your posts in this thread. Please don't change them.

But, anyone who has been paying attention is quite familiar with all your put downs. I used to think they were accidental, I don't think that anymore. This is why I don't answer your questions.

Please stop talking to me, if you can't stop demeaning my character.

2016/9/6 12:17

Re:

Sometimes it takes a mountain to move a molehill.

2016/9/6 15:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy