SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : KING HEZEKIAH'S DILEMMA: "God's Will OR Change It (for personal sake)"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I became sick with a crippling chronic illnesses which started in my twenties.

I never prayed for anything regarding my disabling illnesses...just that God's Will be done...

And, Voila! a little over a decade later He has healed me to full functionality...

...Perhaps it was His WILL that I be healed...

...I know that I LOVE the Lord just as much as a healed person as I did when I was bedridden(ly) sick and infirm.

When I was sick, it did NOT hinder His access to grow and develop my spiritual health and intimacy with Him. It's the health and strength of the Inner Man (soul and spirit) that gives us access to God's nature. True worshippers worship God in Spirit and in Truth (John 4: 23-24). Jesus says that these true worshipers “must worship in spirit and truth”

...God's grace enables us to do this whether we are sick or healthy...

2016/9/3 7:05
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

But Jesus says simply to "ask." You are making it more complicated than it needs to be. We don't need to agonize for days and days trying to figure out what Gods will is. By the time we figure it out the reason we needed to pray in the first place may not even be a reason anymore.

Just ask.

2016/9/3 9:41Profile

Re:

The simplest thing in the world, Todd, is to rely on God's Will...alone.

2016/9/3 15:05

Re:

...To REST in it...

2016/9/3 15:06

Re:

REMEMBER, I LUUVVVV YOU, TMK WITH CALVARY'S LOVE, (MEANING: I'D GO TO THE CROSS FOR / WITH YOU), THOUGH WE MAY DISAGREE...I WILL STILL EMBRACE YOU WHEN I SEE YOU IN THE KINGDOM SOMEDAY AND, FURTHERMORE, WILL REMEMBER YOU AND THIS FELLOWSHIP IN SCRIPTURE...

...ISN'T THAT AWESOMELY WORTHWHILE?!?

2016/9/3 15:29

Re: Matthew 6: 9-13

THIS IS HOW YOU PRAY:

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, THY WILL BE DONE IN EARTH, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen

Now, the verse at Matther 6:10 stands out to me as Christ saying the following:

"Pray for HIS WILL to be done in your Life. Say.

'Gracious Father God Almighty, in Jesus Precious Name, according to YOUR WORD (in which I believe, via the faith thru grace which you have given me in as it says in Romans 5:1 - and thank you so much for this faith), in Jeremiah 29: 11:

'Even if my body and/or soul is being held in captivity (like that of Israel under Babylon) via mine own besetting sin holds, sickness, disease, fear, etc.;

'According to YOUR WORD and YOUR WILL, YOU SAID IN JEREMIAH 29: 11:

"'I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."

'And because I believe YOUR WORD, all that I need to pray is a prayer which applies to all my circumstance,

'That is that YOU, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, align and submit my wilL to YOUR WILL,

'YOU see, Lord, I want what YOU want. I don't want my wants anymore, I don't trust their outcomes in my life,

"Yet, I totally trust what YOU WANT for my life, though I may not understand it nor like it, MAKE ME UNDERSTAND IT, LIKE..NO, LOVE YOUR DIVINE WILL, AND BE NOT OFFENDED BY IT.

' Submit, Align and to Rest in it,

"Make me to desire YOUR WILL in my life"

That is how I Pray via my interpretation of Matthew 6: 10 AND lest we forget Matthew 11: 5-6

2016/9/4 6:47

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy