SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Different Twist to the Use of Deadly Force

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

A Different Twist to the Use of Deadly Force

In discussing the recent threads on this issue, I forgot about an argument I heard one time that may be the best argument for a Christian NOT to use deadly force.

Namely, if a Christian kills an evildoer he is effectively consigning him to hell. If a Christian does not resist and is killed, he will obtain eternal glory, albeit a tad sooner than otherwise.

The same argument would apply is defending your family IF you knew all were believers. If you and your family are killed you will all be together eternally. The evildoer may have another future chance to repent and be saved.

I guess it could be stated that the most unloving thing a Christian could do is kill an unbeliever.

I confess I am not sure how to effectively counter this argument.

2016/9/1 14:44Profile

Re: A Different Twist to the Use of Deadly Force

I guess you could also say God is using you as an instrument to keep those of your family alive who are not believers, yet.

2016/9/1 15:34
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yes the argument breaks down if you know certain family members are unbelievers.

2016/9/1 15:56Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: A Different Twist to the Use of Deadly Force

Todd, we are among those who would use this argument to defend our refusal to arm ourselves against possible invaders.

As we see it, obedience to God will leave one with unanswerable questions. Always does. To act in accordance to God's will will provide God a way to show his superiority over life and the strength of man. This is what faith looks like where the rubber meets the road.

Those of us who hold to this view have rarely if ever experienced violence at the hands of evil men - and there are many of us. However, this discussion does happen, this issue is discussed and we still come back to the point that is made in the issue questioned in the OP.

I am a short woman - less then five feet tall. Years ago I made a decision. The issue is that any strong male could easily over power me and be ugly - I have no strength to combat an evil male. Knowing that ones steps are ordered by the LORD I decided to trust God for my personal safety: I will use common sense in doing so - if I experience fear I am to take extra precautions and pray fervently. In cooperating with God one needs to live in obedience - dress modestly and cooperate with the angels as per 1Cor.11. This truth is liberating, freeing one from fear. I know if something dreadful were to happen to me physically, I know God allowed it but I am not going to live in fear for my personal safety.

This is my conviction because I know who God is.

Sandra

2016/9/4 8:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy