SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Assurance and Contentment

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Assurance and Contentment

Assurance and Contentment

"For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."(Romans 8:19-23)

Yes even we that are saved,indwelt of God the Spirit groan within ourselves through the struggles of this life in a cursed creation that longs to be delivered.The deceit of this world system with it's empty and broken promises and the mistakes we make from day to day by putting our trust too much in it's deceptive promises cannot even come close to satisfying these groans within us.But within these groans we can have contentment,because of the hope embedded in us and through Christ our strength.

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."(Philippians 4:11-13

I Have Learned,I Know How,I Can Do.

Yes just as Paul states we can have this same assurance as had been developed in him.Our strength now through these struggles and our mistakes as we long for this promised deliverance,the redemption of our bodies,the revealing of the sons of God,the deliverance of this creation from the curse and our Savior ruling.

Yes this time is coming and it could be just a catching away of the Church and 7 short years away.The stage is being set,movement behind the curtain,the characters taking their places and the drama of that last 7 years of satan ruling this earth could be about to begin.Then after that the revealing of the sons of God,the curse lifted on the earth and Christ ruling this earth from the throne of David.

I do believe He works this hope in us as He reveals to us the total futility of putting our hope it this world system and the deceitfulness of it.I believe He works the contentment in us as we wait for the fulfillment of His promise to us.

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."(Romans 8:18)

"the glory which shall be revealed in us."

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words."(1Thessalonians 4:16-18)

Yes we have the assurance and we can experience the contentment as we long for this promised deliverance.

Perhaps Today

Oh that first glimpse of His face.

2016/8/30 9:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy