SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Faith tested brings reward...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Faith tested brings reward...

Every time you venture out in your life of faith, you will find something in your circumstances that, from a commonsense standpoint, will flatly contradict your faith. But common sense is not faith, and faith is not common sense. In fact, they are as different as the natural life and the spiritual. Can you trust Jesus Christ where your common sense cannot trust Him? Can you venture out with courage on the words of Jesus Christ, while the realities of your commonsense life continue to shout, “It’s all a lie”? When you are on the mountaintop, it’s easy to say, “Oh yes, I believe God can do it,” but you have to come down from the mountain to the demon-possessed valley and face the realities that scoff at your Mount-of-Transfiguration belief (see Luke 9:28-42). Every time my theology becomes clear to my own mind, I encounter something that contradicts it. As soon as I say, “I believe ‘God shall supply all [my] need,’ ” the testing of my faith begins (Philippians 4:19). When my strength runs dry and my vision is blinded, will I endure this trial of my faith victoriously or will I turn back in defeat?

Faith must be tested, because it can only become your intimate possession through conflict. What is challenging your faith right now? The test will either prove your faith right, or it will kill it. Jesus said, “Blessed is he who is not offended because of Me” Matthew 11:6). The ultimate thing is confidence in Jesus. “We have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end…” (Hebrews 3:14). Believe steadfastly on Him and everything that challenges you will strengthen your faith. There is continual testing in the life of faith up to the point of our physical death, which is the last great test. Faith is absolute trust in God— trust that could never imagine that He would forsake us (see Hebrews 13:5-6).
Oswald Chambers My Utmost for His Highest

2016/8/29 9:50Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Faith tested brings reward...

Boom! That's good stuff brother William!
Thanks for sharing:)

2016/8/29 9:57Profile
StirItUp

Re:

:):):) thanks Fletcher, I thought so too.

2016/8/29 10:01Profile

More of Him

The best reward it brings is that we apprehend more of Jesus Christ.

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and THY EXCEEDING GREAT REWARD.

The Lord has chosen to tabernacle with men. This is a present reality. Is there any reward greater than He?

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, THE TABERNACLE OF GOD IS WITH MEN, AND HE WILL DWELL WITH THEM and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

2016/8/29 10:52
docs

Re: Faith tested brings reward...

Faith is tested to see if you really believe. Will you step out just because God has said to but faith is then tested to purge it of any residue of human confidence and trust in one's own strength that may remain in your effort to obey. Once our strength dies by testing then Christ is the AUTHOR and FINISHER of our faith.

2016/8/29 12:37Profile

Re:

Having saving faith means you love Jesus and keep His words. Without faith, we shrink back, don't keep His words and He won't come and make His abode with us.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Everything, always comes back to Jesus. He is the Center.

2016/8/29 13:11
StirItUp

Re:

Good words, brothers.

Thanks for the different angles...that's what makes body ministry so powerful.

Blessings,

2016/8/29 16:02Profile

Re:

Thanks for stirring us up, William. :-)

2016/8/29 18:34

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy