SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : ANY KINGS OUT THERE???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: HALLELUIAH! God Preaches Sennacherib's Funeral

The conclusion of II kiNGS recount the following historical events which reveal the personality and power of the God we serve:

FIRST REVELATION: SENNACHERIB: How to Kill, Clear and Control Bramble
(On a Sunny, not a Snowy Day, as the valiant Benaiah, son of Jehoiada did to the lion in I Chronicles 11: 22)

*NB* "Sennacherib's name means "Bramble of Destruction" and "Sin brings may brother"

What is Bramble?

Brambles are a real problem, especially in gardens that have been neglected, growing through shrubs, under hedges, between the cracks in broken concrete and brickwork. The speed bramble grows, combined with the painful thorns, mean gardens quickly become no good areas if it's not controlled.

Bramble shoots grow up to 8ft long, when the end of the shoots touch soil they root and send out more shoots quickly forming a dense thorny blackberry bush. (AS both OF HIS NAMES MPLY, YEAH?)

A single bramble shoot can soon become a bramble jungle and difficult to eradicate once established. If your garden is clear of Bramble, Keeping it clear by pulling and digging out young seedlings as soon as they appear, will save a lot of hard work later, isn't a easy way, and there isn't a new miracle shortcut but it can be done.

There are basically two ways to clear Bramble:

Using a systematic weed killer that kills the whole bush including the roots, especially useful when the bramble is growing up through cracks in concrete and brickwork.

Digging out the bramble roots. used in closely planted borders this method works for small areas and for organic gardeners.

SECOND REVELATION: GOD'S MESSAGE SENT BY HIS PROPHETS TO Sennacherib TO DIG OUT HIS ROOTS (II KINGS 19: 20 - 34)
(OH HOW THE LORD HAS A WAY WITH HIS WORD ESP. WHEN AS DRESSED DOWN, SLICED AND DICED THAT ASSYRIAN KIND WITH SHARP TWO EDGED SWORD OF HIS TONGUE DRIPPING WITH TRUTH)

It wasn?t long before Isaiah son of Amoz sent word to Hezekiah:

GOD'S WORD:

You?ve prayed to me regarding Sennacherib king of Assyria; I?ve heard your prayer.

This is my response to him:

The Virgin Daughter of Zion
holds you in utter contempt;
Daughter Jerusalem
thinks you?re nothing but scum.

22 Who do you think it is you?ve insulted?
Who do you think you?ve been bad-mouthing?
Before whom do you suppose you?ve been strutting?
The Holy One of Israel, that?s who!

23 You dispatched your errand boys
to humiliate the Master.
You bragged, ?With my army of chariots
I?ve climbed the highest mountains,
snow-peaked alpine Lebanon mountains!
I?ve cut down its giant cedars,
chopped down its prize pine trees.
I?ve traveled the world,
visited the finest forest retreats.

24 I?ve dug wells in faraway places
and drunk their exotic waters;
I?ve waded and splashed barefoot
in the rivers of Egypt.?

25 Did it never occur to you
that I?m behind all this?
Long, long ago I drew up the plans,
and now I?ve gone into action,
Using you as a doomsday weapon,
reducing proud cities to piles of rubble,

26 Leaving their people dispirited,
slumped shoulders, limp souls.
Useless as weeds, fragile as grass,
insubstantial as wind-blown chaff.

27 I know when you sit down, when you come
and when you go;
And, yes, I?ve marked every one
of your temper tantrums against me.

28 It?s because of your temper,
your blasphemous foul temper,
That I?m putting my hook in your nose
and my bit in your mouth
And turning you back
to where you came from.

29 And this, Hezekiah, will be for you the confirming sign:

This year you?ll eat the gleanings, next year
whatever you can beg, borrow, or steal;
But the third year you?ll sow and harvest,
plant vineyards and eat grapes.

30 A remnant of the family of Judah yet again
will sink down roots and raise up fruit.

31 The remnant will come from Jerusalem,
the survivors from Mount Zion.
The Zeal of God
will make it happen.

32 To sum up, this is what God says regarding the king of Assyria:

He won?t enter this city,
nor shoot so much as a single arrow there;
Won?t brandish a shield,
won?t even begin to set siege;

33 He?ll go home by the same road he came;
he won?t enter this city. God?s word!

34 I?ll shield this city, I?ll save this city,
for my sake and for David?s sake.

I'M still SWOONING OVER THESE VERSES!!!

THEN, GOD USES HIS DIVINE GREEN THUMB TO SYSTEMATICALLY DESTROY THIS STUBBORN "BRAMBLE OF DESTRUCTION" FROM THE GARDEN OF JUDAH at the conclusion of II KINGS 19: 35-37, which also happens to be the conclusion of Sennacherib's life on this planet:

35 And it so happened that that very night an angel of God came and massacred 185,000 Assyrians. When the people of Jerusalem got up next morning, there it was?a whole camp of corpses!

36-37 Sennacherib king of Assyria got out of there fast, headed straight home for Nineveh, and stayed put. One day when he was worshiping in the temple of his god Nisroch, his sons Adrammelech and Sharezer murdered him and then escaped to the land of Ararat. His son Esarhaddon became the next king.

This is Scripture SUPERBOWL!!! Saints!!!

My how protected we are from evil when we worship and abide in the Lord and place His Dominion on the Throne of the human will. As Hezekiah did. THis is why I want a King's heart like Hezekiah.

2016/8/29 6:16

Re: The Division of the Kingdoms

Can I just make One more reflective declaration about both I AND II kings AS A chronology:

The thing that makes these books perennially fascinating to us me that this kingdom in Israel is a picture to each of us of the kingdom in our own lives. The nation of Israel was picked out particularly from the nations to be a representative of the individual human life. God chose Israel. Israel did not come into the position of prominence and favor in God's sight by their own efforts. God chose them. He formed them and molded them and produced a nation that would be a sample to all the world of what God is willing to do in any individual's life. As I read these books, I find myself right in the midst of the problems and blessings and possibilities that are reflected in these books of the kings.

*THE DIVISION of THE NORTHERN and SOUTHERN KINGDOMS? WHY?

The Word Reveals what I maintain to be the metaphysical and spiritual application of this division (as it applies to us, right now, saints):

From the beginning there were always two divisions in the monarchy. Even under David this was true. When David first came to the throne, he was king only of Judah for seven years. It was not until after that seven-year reign that he became king over both divisions of the nation. This division between the ten tribes in the north and the two tribes of Judah and Benjamin in the south where Jerusalem was located, existed right from the very start.

Now it was intended to be this way, but they were all to be under one king. They represent the divisions in the human life.

Everyone knows that there are two evident divisions of human life.

First of all, there is the body of which we are so aware. We take it around with us. We spend our time taking care of it, primping it, dressing it up, painting it, unpainting it, and doing all the things necessary to keep it looking good. Unfortunately most of life seems to be spent in taking care of the body.

But of course there is more than a body to each man.

There is also the soul, the invisible part that contains the personality, and is so obviously gone when we look at the emptiness of a corpse and the terrible tragedy of death.

Here in the two kingdoms this division of life is acted out.

The ten tribes of the north are representative of the body, while Judah and Benjamin, the two tribes of the south, represent the soul.

It was in the southern kingdom that the capital city of Jerusalem was located, and the temple was in Jerusalem, and God dwelt in the temple.

We know from the scriptures that in the human life there is not only a body and soul, but within the soul -- so closely linked to it that only the word of God can divide between the soul and the spirit -- is this dwelling place of God. It is there that the Holy Spirit takes up his residence when he comes into the human heart.

When this happens, man is as God intended man to be. Without the Holy Spirit dwelling in the human spirit, man is only an incomplete example of what he is supposed to be. But when God the Holy Spirit comes in, he takes up his residence in the human spirit, the temple of the body.

In the New Testament, this figure is drawn for us as we are told that our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians. 6:19). If we permit the Spirit of God to dwell within our human spirit he governs our soul, thereby adjusting and controlling the body and the outward life.

What do y'all think?

2016/8/29 6:17

Re: And What of King JOSIAH?

We can thank God if He provided us anything small we can offer.

In the body of Christ there are many members. Even the thief on the cross, Balaam's donkey, or the inanimate "stones that would cry out," could offer good words.

Pride almost led to Hezekiah's downfall. Some of Jesus' harshest words were against the pharisees and greatest words were for the most flawed Luke 7:47. So, I had wondered if Hezekiah made no mistake asking his life to be extended, 2 Chr 33:13.

I do love the manna. I crave it constantly.When I depart from the Word of God, the hunger pangs are unbearable!!!!!

So now, we have this King "Josiah" - Valiant, indeed....fearlessly destroyed all of the pagan worship shrines...Impressive, indeed.

Yet, I can more identify with King Hezekiah.....his weaknesses....his abject fear with brought him to his knees before God...his insecurities which led him to seek the council and comfort of the prophet (Isaiah)....ALL IN SPITE OF POSSESSING THE DOMINION OF BEING A KING!!!

A REAL KING IS NOT SO MUCH THE ONE WHO CAN FEARLESS DESTROY PAGAN TEMPLES AS JOSIAH DID

A REAL KING IS PERPETUALLY ON HIS KNEES BEFORE THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD, FORFEITING HIS MAJESTY AND DOMINION AKIN TO THE WEIGHT OF HEAVY ARMOR - SO THAT GOD REACH INTO THE KING'S INNER MAN AND REVEAL TO HIM THAT HIS KINGSHIP IS ROOTED IN SERVITUDE TO THE DOMINION OF GOD ALMIGHTY.

HEZEKIAH DISPLAYED AN AUTHENTICALLY HUMAN RESPONSE TO KINGSHIP - I'LL TAKE HIM OVER JOSIAH, ANY DAY.
Edit

2016/8/29 6:20

Re:

Sister enjoyed reading your posts. Time does not allow me to respond to all of them. But praise God he is ministering to you as you listen to his word.

I think I mentioned on your other thread that I am listening to the Old Testament in the Holman Christian Standard Bible. Just finished 1st Samuel and now into 2nd Samuel. Delighting in the stories of how God uses David to fulfill his kingdom purposes in Israel. Ultimately of course to bring to us the Lord Jesus Christ.

I look forward to listening to the section about Hezekiah in another day or two. Since I'm listening to the Old Testament in a more contemporary translation. It becomes more riveting.

Look forward to reading more of your posts.

May God continue to bless you as you listen to his word.

Your brother in Christ.

2016/8/29 20:09

Re: I and II Samuel: The Robe

Ohhh WOW, You are in for a treat.

I loved "Hannah's Song/Prayer in I Samuel 2!
And how she was so faithful and thankful to God, that after he gave her that precious baby boy: I Samuel 24-28

"24 After he was weaned, she took the boy with her, young as he was, along with a three-year-old bull,[e] an ephah[f] of flour and a skin of wine, and brought him to the house of the Lord at Shiloh. 25 When the bull had been sacrificed, they brought the boy to Eli, 26 and she said to him, “Pardon me, my lord. As surely as you live, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the Lord. 27 I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.” And he worshiped the Lord there.

Hannah even made baby Samuel a little tike priestly robe.

"And his mother would make him a little robe and bring it to him from year to year when she would come up with her husband to offer the yearly sacrifice." (I Samuel 2:19

The “little robe” provided by Hannah is probably an outer garment of some sort to be worn over the linen priestly ephod [I Samuel 2:19]. In both the Bible and the ancient Near East generally, special garments often carried symbolic significance or marked the wearer as holding a particular office or status. Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel.

Hannah leaves Samuel in the care of Eli, the priest (I Samuel 1:24-28). Though she is not a daily part of her firstborn son’s life, she does visit him. Most English translations convey annual pilgrimages in conjunction with sacrifice: “each year” (ESV, NLT, NRSV, RSV), “annual” (HCSB, MSG, NIV), “year to year” (ASV, KJV, NASB), “year by year” (NKJV), “every year” (CEV). The Hebrew, however, is not this explicit.

From the earliest days of his youth to his resurrection in I Samuel 28:11-20, Samuel wears a robe representing the royalty that was wrapped around Israel during the course of the story. When Samuel first started ministering to the LORD at Shiloh, his mother Hannah began a practice of making a small robe, which she would take him each year when she went up to Shiloh
(I Samuel 2:19).

That young, berobed Samuel is now an old man and dead, and the robe has become a shroud [I Samuel 28:14]. During his career, Samuel’s robe was torn by Saul
(I Samuel 15:27), an action Samuel interprets as the tearing away of the kingdom from Saul.

Jonathan's robe played a simila role when he slipped it off to hand over to David (I Samuel 18:4), again signifying the transfer of royal power, the kingdom, from Saul’s house to David’s. Then David himself cut off the end of Saul’s robe in I Samuel 24:5, presenting Saul and the reader with a cleaner, more clearcut image of the seizing of kingship. When Saul had seized Samuel’s robe, the kingdom was torn from Saul’s grasp; when David cut Saul’s robe, it was delivered up into his hands. This robe of royalty appears one final time in I Samuel, now wrapped around a dead person. In line with the conjoined character zones of Samuel and Saul throughout the story, Samuel is clothed in a dead man’s robe as he foretells the imminent death of Saul and his sons. The robe as shroud enfolds Saul’s death and well as Samuel’s.

2016/8/30 0:29

Re: Thank You, Brother Blane

I completed I and II Samuel when I was jail/

My life was in those two books. I could identify with Jonathan (If I were a male) and identified intimately with
Hannah.

2016/8/30 1:14

Re: Holman Christian Bible Trranslation

Thank you for the translation tip.

I usually prefer "The Message" translation by Eugene Peterson

But I uploaded the audio Holman Bible per your suggestion.

Thank You...

With Calvary's Love,

kyp2204

2016/8/30 18:21
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I am copying the comments from the other thread to this one and deleting the duplicate OP in the other thread:

appolus

Re: ANY KINGS OUT THERE??? 75.87.171.149 Reply To This Post | Edit | Delete
Dear sister, I read every word and it was beautifully written and the over-arching sentiment is something that transformed my world many years ago, seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness. That scripture is a lovers call not a burdensome command. It calls us and wooes us, it beckons us come like the lover in the night in the song of Solomon.

And of course the question will always be " shall we come?" Shall we walk with Him in the cool of the day. Shall our hearts meet with His heart and shall we feel it burn within us? There are many distractions in this world, so many. Yet the key seems to be to rise up above them. And we can rise up, we have been given wings that we can spread out to catch the updrafts of His presence. He bids us come yet it is His very presence that carries upwards, that carries us to the throne room itself. It is there, there before the beauty of Holiness that we are changed. There before His glorious majesty that we are transformed. There before His resplendent glory that we are sanctified. It s there where all is right with the world. There where all things are possible. Right there where very soon millions upon millions of saints from every tribe and every tongue and every nation shall cry out with all that is in them " Holy, Holy, Holy, Holy is our God who sits upon the throne, who is and was and always shall be." And all around like a vast field of wheat, the saints sway as one as the wind of the Holy Spirit moves then in unison. All of this saints, waiting right now. Will you come today?..............bro Frank

2016/8/29 6:27 Profile
jeffmar1130

Re: 166.137.8.26 Reply To This Post | Edit | Delete
Truly beautiful stuff. In God's Sovereignty, when I picked up a Bible as a lost & desperate sinner in a jail cell facing 20 years for Organized Crime, what did I read first? Yep..1 & 2 Kings. Then Proverbs. Then the Gospels, and then I cried out, surrendered & was born again (& then finished the NT, & then read through the entire OT, & then back through it all again - what a blessing that time was though it was painful). I Didn't know it then, but there was a reason for that specific reading path that established what I needed to see and hear. Good stuff! Ok, I'll go back in my hidey hole. 😊
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/8/29 13:21 Profile
kyp2204

Virginia

Re: I'm crying... 100.4.9.25 Reply To This Post | Edit | Delete
Your post brought tears...to my eyes...

Oh, God...there really is a Body of Christ on earth...in the midst of all this "worldly" distraction...I can still access Christ via and in fellowship with his saints!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I'm here at "SermonIndex"...I'm so desperately seeking to join and abide in The Body until He comes...

2016/8/29 14:35 Profile
kyp2204

Virginia

Re: God's Imprisoned Kings 100.4.9.25 Reply To This Post | Edit | Delete
Greetings Brother Jeffmar

What I have learned (or rather, the Spirit revealed in mY CURRENT intimate study of I and II Kings) the following:

The book of 1 / 2 Kings holds the secret of success in reigning over the kingdom of your life. It is the secret of learning to be submissive to the authority and dominion of God in your own life. In other words, man can never exercise dominion over his life unless he first subjects himself to the dominion of God. If you yield to God's dominion, you are given reign over the areas in your own life.

I want to do this very thing. I desire it more than anything. And I am perpetually frustrated because I have not yet placed God's Dominion on the throne of my own "free" will.

I have learned by painful means (and am still struggling with this, right now as I type) that, if you refuse the dominion of God in your own life, you cannot under any circumstances or by any means fulfill your desire to be in authority over your life. It is impossible!

This is what I and II Kings is teaching me. That is why all through this book you will find that the spotlight is on the throne. It is the king that is the important one -- for as the king goes, so goes the nation. In your life your will is king. What your will allows to enter in to control your life, determines how the kingdom of your life goes.

Yet, I am sooooo looking forward to diving into the I and II Chronicles, as it is God's version of this regal history. I love how God makes several references and assurances all throughout I and II Kings that the gaps will be filled in the "Chronicles". I am looking forward to it.

2016/8/29 21:42 Profile
kyp2204

Virginia

Re: HALLELUIAH! 100.4.9.25 Reply To This Post | Edit | Delete
HOLY, HOLY, HOLY

IS THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY,

WHO WAS

AND IS

AND IS TO COME!!!

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! Forever and ever and ever we will sing and worship His Holiness in a splendid everlasting chorus. Day and night we will sing these words...about Him and His divine nature.

I want to do it RIGHT NOW!!! Even it means forfeiting everything I have acquired in this world...family...wealth...occupation...whatever...

It all can become a vapor trail in the sky in exchange for adjoining my voice in this blessed and everlasting chorus...

I wa

2016/8/30 21:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy