SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : King of the South is Israel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
RogerB

Bruceton TN

King of the South is Israel?

If the King of the South (Israel) won't negotiate the two state solution, then the King of the North will come at him.

Short video from www.israelinewslive.org on Daniel 11: 39-44

I posted the Youtube version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLpGqGDDADdlnDI9ZQY0Fs0sd_hwpEQBhP&v=eS77Y3VmAm4

2016/8/28 19:53Profile
docs

Re: King of the South is Israel?

King of the south likely Egypt.

40 At the time of the end the king of the South shall attack him; and the king of the North shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter the countries overwhelm them and pass through. (Daniel 11:40).

King of the South naturally infers the south of Israel and Egypt is mentioned a few verses later in Daniel 11:42.

Contrary to popular opinion, Israel will be overcome and given over to the AC/man of sin as a final chastisement to the wayward nation. It will be a unmistakable lesson in God's sovereign control and use of evil. Jerusalem will again be over run and trampled underfoot for forty two months (Rev 11:1-2). Israel will therefore be in no condition nor have any ability to attack anyone. Israel is not inviolable just because they are Israel. When Israel suffers this final devastation of suffering under the wrath and fury of the AC God will purge the natural before the appearance of the spiritual. First the natural then the spiritual. This is a hard saying regarding Israel and a cause for fear and trembling but significant enough to warrant many hours of searching the scriptures. Then out of this death will the redeemed Israel be resurrected under Christ. At the time of the end the king of the south shall attack but it won't be Israel because they will be disbanded and in flight as they are hunted for as those were in WW II. This will be the time of tribulation for the nation such as had never occurred nor never shall again. The church needs to prepare to warn Israel and world Jewry of calamitous days ahead. The only safety will be in Christ.

2016/8/30 13:42Profile
docs

Re: The Hebrew word for violence is hamas

I just found that out recently and it's a bit of a revealing suprise. I never knew that. God's word is extremely far ahead of the game.

Speaking of Satan,

16 By the abundance of your trading you became filled with violence (hamas) within, and you sinned; Therefore I cast you as a profane thing out of the mountain of God; and destroyed you, O covering cherub, from the midst of the fiery stones. (Ezekiel 28:16)

A long histiory of hamas/violence to obliterate Israel will one day end,

18 Violence (hamas) shall no loner be heard in your land, neither wasting nor destruction within your borders; But you shall call your walls Salvation, and your gates Praise. (Isaiah 60:18)

28 And they shall no longer be a prey for the nations, nor shall beasts of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid. (Ezekiel 34:28)

In that day HAMAS against Israel will have ceased.

2016/8/31 18:15Profile

Re:

Looking at many of the scriptures in the OT, it is plain that we have all committed "hamas". Some of us still do.

Pro 10:11 The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.

Interestingly, the word violence in the NT, connotates "intimidation". But that only appears one time in Luke 3:14. Other places it is defined as "force" or "attack".

Luke 3:14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do VIOLENCE to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

διασείω
diaseiō
dee-as-i'-o
From G1223 and G4579; to shake thoroughly, that is, (figuratively) to intimidate: - do violence to.

So, we are not to intimidate people.

Elsewhere in the NT, VIOLENCE has other definitions.

Here are all the uses of VIOLENCE in the NT.

Mat_11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth VIOLENCE , and the violent take it by force.

Luk_3:14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do VIOLENCE to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

Act_5:26 Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without VIOLENCE : for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned.

Act_21:35 And when he came upon the stairs, so it was, that he was borne of the soldiers for the VIOLENCE of the people.

Act_24:7 But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great VIOLENCE took him away out of our hands,

Act_27:41 And falling into a place where two seas met, they ran the ship aground; and the forepart stuck fast, and remained unmoveable, but the hinder part was broken with the VIOLENCE of the waves.

Heb_11:34 Quenched the VIOLENCE of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Rev_18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with VIOLENCE shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

2016/8/31 18:40
docs

Re: Appreciated and true but somewhat off topic

It is appreciated but my emphasis was foremost on the violence that came to be part of the nature of Satan and that one day violence against Isartel will no longer be heard in the land. It's not a opening for a debate about well, who is Israel etc. I merely wanted to emphasize that Isaiah 60:18 (and a multitude of other places) speak of a day when Israel will no longer suffer violence/hamas within its borders against its occupants. One day they will dwell in safety and never will be rooted out of their land again (Amos 9:15) as God's shalom begins to cover the earth. Of course we are not to do violence to one another. I can agree. Yet I was speaking of violence against Israel.

1 O God, do not remain quiet;
Do not be silent and, O God, do not be still.

2 For behold, Your enemies make an uproar,
And those who hate You have exalted themselves.

3 They make shrewd plans against Your people,
And conspire together against Your treasured ones.

4 They have said, “Come, and let us wipe them out as a nation, That the name of Israel be remembered no more.”

5 For they have conspired together with one mind;
Against You they make a covenant: (Psalm 83:1-5)

2016/8/31 19:00Profile
savannah

Re: King of the South is Israel?

Daniel 11:40

At the time of the end shall the king of the south contend with him; and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass through.

So...will this king of the north come against Israel with horses and chariots?

2016/8/31 19:15Profile
docs

Re: Good question savannah

It's not wrong for a prophet to use figurative language describing weapons of his day. But that begs the question of why he was using this figurative languqage when the prophecy clearly has an end of the age context.

- When did the temple Paul spoke of in II Thess 2:4 become the church and totally unrelated to the land of Israel and the Jewish people?

- When did "they shall learn war no more" begin to be seen as a figurative expression already being fulfilled?

- When did the wolf lying down with the lamb become just a figurative expression having nothing to do with the redemption of nature and the animals but rather a allegory that men once ill tempered toward one another will begin to lie down together in peace?

There's going to have to be a Israel to come against if this is a last of the last days prophecy and all the while describing it in terms of horses and chariots violates no cardinal rule of inspired prophetic expression. Concrete time and sspace fufillments can still occur.

2016/8/31 19:32Profile

Re:

I certainly do not want to debate the modern country of Israel. There are two here, possibly three who might cause "hamas" against me.

Plus, I like you too much to debate you on this subject, docs. I'm more than happy to wait till the end to find out. Believing one way or the other doesn't affect my daily walk with God and I am ready in season and out of season to preach the gospel to Jew and Gentile alike.

2016/8/31 20:35
docs

Re:

/I certainly do not want to debate the modern country of Israel. There are two here, possibly three who might cause "hamas" against me./

Agreed, since they seem to lay and wait in particular for any supposed wayward comments they see coming from you.

/Plus, I like you too much to debate you on this subject, docs. I'm more than happy to wait till the end to find out. Believing one way or the other doesn't affect my daily walk with God and I am ready in season and out of season to preach the gospel to Jew and Gentile alike./

Believing one way or the other does affect my daily walk. Not in terms of salvation and being accepted by God etc. but understanding the burden and perspective of the prophets from the written scriptures can bring with it the same burden to a degree they bore. My daily walk is affected by my perspective and can help direct my prayers better. To Jew and Gentile alike you say. Right on bro, it's not a exclusive gospel but saying that I believe the Jewish people in particular are going to face an inordinate amount of danger in the days ahead before all is over and that can affect one's walk and perspective. But like the ark, the gospel and the safety found within remind us the only safety for Gentile and Jew alike is in Christ. If you're with a inquiring Gentile share the gospel with him. If you're with a inquiring Jewish person share the gospel with him. We need not trump ourselves because the loveliness and humility of the Suffering Servant eclipses and outshines all.

2016/8/31 21:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
by docs on 2016/8/31 19:32:35

It's not wrong for a prophet to use figurative language describing weapons of his day. But that begs the question of why he was using this figurative languqage when the prophecy clearly has an end of the age context.

- When did the temple Paul spoke of in II Thess 2:4 become the church and totally unrelated to the land of Israel and the Jewish people?

- When did "they shall learn war no more" begin to be seen as a figurative expression already being fulfilled?

- When did the wolf lying down with the lamb become just a figurative expression having nothing to do with the redemption of nature and the animals but rather a allegory that men once ill tempered toward one another will begin to lie down together in peace?

There's going to have to be a Israel to come against if this is a last of the last days prophecy and all the while describing it in terms of horses and chariots violates no cardinal rule of inspired prophetic expression. Concrete time and sspace fufillments can still occur.

Myself and others have already answered all those questions in other threads. No reason to rehash them.

2016/9/1 0:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy