For it is a pleasant thing if you keep them within you;
Let them all be fixed upon your lips,
So that your trust may be in the Lord;
I have instructed you today, even you.
Have I not written to you excellent things
Of counsels and knowledge,
That I may make you know the certainty of the words of truth,
That you may answer words of truth
To those who send to you?"(Proverbs 22:17-21)

It seems here after nearly 22 chapters of instruction in wisdom and knowledge,God through the inspired writing of king Solomon in the book of Proverbs stops and in these 5 verses reminds us of all that instruction and how it should be used in our lives.

"So that your trust may be in the Lord"

"That I may make you know the certainty of the words of truth"

"That you may answer words of truth To those who send to you"

Receiving instruction from the Lord from His Word so that we may know the truth with certainty for our own faith and hope and that we may be able to share it with others.This should remind us of that important verse in Romans 10:17.

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Do we want stronger faith and our hope enriched?Then we need to be in God's Word.

Peter also makes some strong statements along this line and how it should effect our lives.

"And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.”But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil."(1Peter 3:13-17)

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you"

"the hope that is in you"

If we ever needed our hope enriched it's in the day we live.

"that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints(Ephesians 1:17-18)

"That we may know"

In 2 Timothy chapter 3 after Paul gives us that dire description of the perilous and difficult times of the last days before Christ comes for His Church he reminds Timothy in a way of comfort of the instruction he has had in God's Word since his childhood.

"But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus."(2Timothy 3:14-15)

I do believe that should be a reminder to us as I believe we are in those perilous times that Paul speaks of and we need to be in the Word for the instruction it gives us and the comfort and hope that we have in our Savior that we need to be constantly reminded of.

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."(2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Oh we need to be in His Word for that wisdom,understanding,instruction,comfort,peace and hope.

Yes and to be reminded of the hope we have of being with our Savior forever and that could be today.

"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory."(Colossians 3:2-4)

Perhaps Today

2016/8/28 10:32Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Being In The Word

Good word DRS.

One really cannot over emphasize the importance of the scriptures.

The more we know and understand and can divide the a Word correctly, the more effectively we can pray also.

Blessings,

2016/8/28 12:28Profile
DRS

Re:

Amen Brother "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."(Psalm 119:105)

2016/8/30 9:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy